Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Nerfing sparks and unity enchanges for gil is not the answer.

What are you doing? You are taking action to combat RMT by punishing everyone else?

In June, we are planning on bringing you a number of things that were pushed back from the May version update.
    Perhaps the biggest of these changes are adjustments to sparks of eminence and unity accolade rewards. We are placing a weekly cap on the amount of points that can be exchanged. You have probably deduced that this is an effort to combat RMT activities in-game. We wanted to combat these activities in a way that would provide minimal pain to the playerbase, but in going over all the data we have, we believe that this is the best place to target to reign in this issue, as they were providing a very easy, stable, and repeatable source of gil. We hope that the majority of you will not suffer too much as a result of this limit.
    This is stupid, here is what you're doing:

You are punishing players, especially new players who have been returning because you give them no alternative to make money now. This is so stupid.

You are also encouraging the RMT to farm gil in other ways that are more annoying to the players, you aren't stopping RMT because the demand is still there.

They will now move to farming revies or currency in dynamis or whatever...this sucks, at least when they were farming sparks they did it out of the way of most others.

What on earth are you doing? This is terrible.
    (8)

Player
    If you're going to throw a stink bomb like this, tell us what the cap is.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What are you doing? You are taking action to combat RMT by punishing everyone else?
    Who is everyone else? There is far more ways of making money in the game.
    We have too much gil in circulation, unlimited amounts being "printed" and everything has shot up in price because of it.

Stand at the Vendor NPC and you will see clusters of "players" stuck together, touch the NPC vendor for 1 second and run back and fourth to the sparks NPC.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-03-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Do you think these entities will all just go away now? they will retool to make gil another way, and that way will be even more annoying to the rest of us.
    (1)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75

What on earth are you doing? This is terrible.
    I'm going to have to disagree, this should have been done long a go.
    Also, it is a Weekly cap, they could have made it monthly.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Do you think these entities will all just go away now? they will retool to make gil another way, and that way will be even more annoying to the rest of us.
    Maybe, maybe not, that will then get patched. It will be a lot harder though. Sparks (gain exp) you are talking millions upon millions of gil in 10 minutes with a multi-boxer who is bending mechanics by not even interacting with the NPC's in the native form, enabling them to trade a mass of items in half a second.

People abuse the system, what do they expect will happen?
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-03-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Player
    We have to see what the nerf is, it all depends on what the cap is. If it's high then it's aimed at bots, if it's fairly low then it's going to hurt players.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I was about to disagree with you - nerfing sparks does seem to fix the immediate issue - but...

You are also encouraging the RMT to farm gil in other ways that are more annoying to the players, you aren't stopping RMT because the demand is still there.

They will now move to farming revies or currency in dynamis or whatever...this sucks, at least when they were farming sparks they did it out of the way of most others.
    I'm worried that you're right. There are already scumbots in Dynamis - Jeuno almost every time I go there - these are just going to get worse. And while I don't think that bots being out of sight and unobtrusive makes them acceptable, this change has the potential to make them more directly disruptive, on top of allowing them to continue damaging the economy.

I applaud SE for publicly acknowledging the problems caused by these bots, but I'm not convinced that this is the right action. We need more boots on the ground, and we need more active and immediate action from the STF.

Having an easier way to report this scum would help too. I'm willing to use the STF report page sometimes, but even I can't be bothered when I'm busy, and I complain about them constantly. Most people aren't going to use it at all.
    (4)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 06-03-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    We need more boots on the ground, and we need more active and immediate action from the STF.
    Without a doubt. One thing I am interested in, has this problem of RMT sparks/unity been widespread or is it a fault of THAT server again(?) which has initiated this move.
    (2)

Character
    Makenshi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This will not stop RMT or people from buying gil, it actually might make more people buy gil now that you take away an easy way to make some gil.

RMT will just go back to other ways to farm gil, so this does nothing to stop them.
    (2)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast