Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You already responded right there. If you're bothered so much by "red herrings" (what?) then don't reply, and don't bring up other topics if you don't want anyone else to talk about them. The only way for you to end a conversation is to walk away- and not tell people you're doing it.

You brought those things up, so you've no one to blame but yourself if it's such a problem. This isn't even your thread, nor are you a moderator, so why do you feel like you get to make the rules?
    I'm not talking about some forum's subjective and nonsensical rules. I'm talking about objective, argumentative rules. Red-herring Fallacy... Everything You Said was Beside the Point. What was I responding to when you quoted me? Someone who had originally stated, "It is virtually impossible for somebody to have their account hacked if they have the proper security means in place (i.e They use the Securekey)" despite the fact that most people are not remotely security-minded (as proven by the success of Facebook, phishing, and middle-man attacks).

Shalom.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    I'm not talking about some forum's subjective and nonsensical rules. I'm talking about objective, argumentative rules. Red-herring Fallacy... Everything You Said was Beside the Point. What was I responding to when you quoted me? Someone who had originally stated, "It is virtually impossible for somebody to have their account hacked if they have the proper security means in place (i.e They use the Securekey)" despite the fact that most people are not remotely security-minded (as proven by the success of Facebook, phishing, and middle-man attacks).

Shalom.
    You going off on a tangent and people responding to that tangent doesn't make it "beside the point." You brought it up, therefore it is relevant, as if it had no meaning or relation you wouldn't have mentioned it. And here we are on a totally different one which you also brought up- logical fallacies. Are you going to play the "red herring" card a second time? Or are you going to stop taking this so seriously and just either discuss with dignity or move on?

I replied to the things you said because you said them and I was interested in what you said. If you're actually interested in the discussion but concerned about its relevance to what was going on before, you could have started a new thread.

Now, rather ironically, after Ireplied to someone on the original topic, you came back and sent it off topic again.... lol

despite the fact that most people are not remotely security-minded (as proven by the success of Facebook, phishing, and middle-man attacks).
    From a logic standpoint, it doesn't prove anything, as there isn't a proveable correlation between those things you listed and being "security minded." Being "security minded" itself doesn't make you immune to social engineering and other sorts of attacks, even if it does lower the likelihood. We are imperfect beings and even fi we are aware of good security practices, sometimes we make mistakes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-27-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Alrighty then. So anyway, for those not following the JP threads the best they can on this subject, the devs basically said the following in code speak "the simple thing to do would be to raise the spark caps we implemented, but that is too simple so we're monitoring the situation and are trying to think of non existent methods of improving things for the playerbase that doesn't involve helping rmt i.e. we'll never think of a way, and blah blah yada yada repeat of how we like to deal with rmt and why we don't out right ban dem bots you see all the time"

and as far as things like chapter prices go

"we would like for you to do the orb and merit fights for chapters and have sparks be a bonus(like, snap I need just one chapter!!!!), even though we were fine with 7.5k and 15k before with unlimited sparks, but now we're not fine with easing the fees on players despite putting in a measly 100k cap on sparks. We hope you understand and apologize for the inconvenience"

A bold strategy, Bob. We'll see if it pays off.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    The bots are now spamming Salvage endlessly, which means real players cannot enter and when they do the prices of Alex have dropped 400k in a month. Probably the same is happening in Dynamis.

Also JobPoint selling has ballooned, well done developers you made it worse as we all knew would happen.
    (0)

Character
    Tenks
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    As a new player all I want is for this cap to not include rare/EX items. I would happily spend my sparks buying Rem's Tales to help myself gear up faster, but I cant. I've been playing for <2 weeks and I use my entire spark cap the day it resets with nothing to spend it on for the rest of the week. If I could dump 100k sparks into buying shields for gil then spend the rest of the week buying tales, skill books, i117 gear for alt jobs or literally anything else I would be happy. The purpose of this system was to help new players, but it feels like it's been crippled to the point where it doesn't even do that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tenks; 07-14-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenks View Post
    As a new player all I want is for this cap to not include rare/EX items. I would happily spend my sparks buying Rem's Tales to help myself gear up faster, but I cant. I've been playing for <2 weeks and I use my entire spark cap the day it resets with nothing to spend it on for the rest of the week. If I could dump 100k sparks into buying shields for gil then spend the rest of the week buying tales, skill books, i117 gear for alt jobs or literally anything else I would be happy. The purpose of this system was to help new players, but it feels like it's been crippled to the point where it doesn't even do that.
    Buying chapters with sparks was the biggest waste of sparks in my opinion. The battles are there for everyone to do, at all levels. Form a group, or solo some of them, they really aren't bad.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Buying chapters with sparks was the biggest waste of sparks in my opinion. The battles are there for everyone to do, at all levels. Form a group, or solo some of them, they really aren't bad.
    depends on the BC. you can only get certain chapters from certain fights, and some are more annoying than others. There's a few fights id happly pay to not do, regardless of your opinion on their difficulty.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The bots are now spamming Salvage endlessly, which means real players cannot enter and when they do the prices of Alex have dropped 400k in a month. Probably the same is happening in Dynamis.

Also JobPoint selling has ballooned, well done developers you made it worse as we all knew would happen.
    you DO realize the price of Alex also Skyrocketed over 500k in a month also? For over a year a stack of 99 Alex was 500k, then they shot up to 900k~1Million in the space of a week, and have only recently gone back down to the 600k mark. So having it "drop 400k in a month" still doesn't bring it back down to what it was for years.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    depends on the BC. you can only get certain chapters from certain fights, and some are more annoying than others. There's a few fights id happly pay to not do, regardless of your opinion on their difficulty.
    Which exactly? Farming chapters 1-5 with macro orbs the fights are basically all the same difficulty which I easily do on mnk. Then there are the Avatars that drop 6-10 which again are basically all the same fight a bit more difficult then the macro fights but still easily doable.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    the cap definitely hurts players like me who use these points to buy chapters or etched memories, you know sparks for non gil reasons.
    (0)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast