Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It is easy to earn if people use a bit of grey matter. You mention people buying gil, then they are either incredibly lazy or stupid (or both?).
    I wouldn't say they are either. Right now sparks/accolades are the only efficient way for you to make gil.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 06-06-2020 at 03:00 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We hope that the majority of you will not suffer too much as a result of this limit.
    As noted in the other thread, I'm not passing judgement until we find out exactly what the limit is. This comment here implies that ordinary players probably won't hit this limit and it is meant to constrain how much the gil farmers that do literally nothing but grind sparks 24/7 can produce.

But really, the proper course of action is to just BAN THE BLANKIN' RMT, not that I should really have to say that.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Right now sparks/accolades are the only way for you to make gil.
    If that's what you believe and are unwilling to think outside of the box, then alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Some people just want to do the fun stuff not farm gil when they log on.
    Running around in circles killing the same mobs multiple times zoning back and forth is fun?
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As noted in the other thread, I'm not passing judgement until we find out exactly what the limit is.
    Yep. We will have to see how that pans out. As we know, certain RoE objectives produce a lot of sparks in one hit, in a short-time.
    Obvioulsy, this isn't the only way to generate fast sparks - I'll be interested to see what happens with UNM battles, which ofcourse you also earn sparks from. Will this be included within the cap I wonder (?)
    (1)

Character
    Michaelcn
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It is easy to earn if people use a bit of grey matter. You mention people buying gil, then they are either incredibly lazy or stupid (or both?).
    Typical elitist brain dead fool.

You can't do what I can? You must be:

Lazy.
    Dumb.
    Or, their favorite. "Beyond help".

Congratulations. You've played a video game for a very long time. You've made a lot of progress. Your characters are very powerful. You have access to all of the things. You're amazing. We get it. Congratulations, oh, user of "grey matter".

Hey, guess what, though? You're not very good at using that ole grey matter, actually... oh, you're hopelessly out-of-touch with reality.

I'm a returning player. Been back 2 months. Been working my rear end off. 12-18 hour days. Studying. Studying. Studying. Running. Running. Running. Grinding. Grinding. Grinding. Questing. Mission-ing. Crafting. I've been doing EVERYTHING possible at my disposal to not be "lazy" to not be "stupid" to use my "grey matter".

What can my character do? 2k savage blades. 4.5k with 2000 TP. How much gil have I earned? Around 20 million with... probably 300-400 hours of work. Planning. Grinding. Farming.

What can a new player do to make money? You can:
    farm things with your 2,000 damage weapon skills (and you do not have a tp set, so you get 2 ws every 60 seconds or so if you're lucky, with haste from koru moru and bard haste as well). 'things' being: alexandrite and dynamis currency.
    you can run things at a snails pace that geared people can 'actually' farm like walk of echoes or resienjima crystals...
    you can craft things, and the best you're looking at is gobbiebag ingredients, but you need REALLY high skills (like 88 clothcraft for one particular craft for example) but even these only net you like 160k a day if you're lucky. there's lots of competition and really, very few people are buying crap like this off of the AH anymore.
    you can do domain invasion and SELL YOUR POINTS THAT YOU NEED DESPERATELY TO ACTUALLY SLOWLY INCH YOUR WAY INTO HAVING A POWERFUL CHARACTER. This will make you 5 million twice a month... and is the worst thing you could do.
    you can play the gobbie boxes, but I've got 3 accounts and I've played it around 300 times and never gotten ANYTHING worth more than 30k, and I trash these 'rewards' anyway because they aren't worth the massive amount of inventory space they would take up trying to sell.
    you COULD farm the very bad RoE objectives like kill 20 plantoids and such, but I tested this with a 99 bst that can one-shot massive pulls. Guess what? You can't pull very much. Tried pulling lots of mobs in boyadha tree and they despawn before you can collect too many of them. At most this will get you like... 90k gil an hour even with aoe...
    The best. And really, only option for new players is gain experience. Its the only way to make money for anyone who actually wants to play the game. And lets be honest... you need LOTS of money these days.

Answers people who don't use their "grey matter" will tell you:
    Just do ambuscade. You can't make money off of ambuscade if you're in SPARKS gear. You need ambuscade to upgrade your gear. "just wait 2 months" to begin making income is not how an MMORPG WORKS. You need money on-the-regular. This is a stupid recommendation, furthermore because THERE ARE NO newbies. In two months of playing on Bahamut I did not see a single shout for a V2 ambuscade group. Not one. Not a single player. Everyone is either soloing it or doing something else.
    Just go farm dynamis. You mean that activity that is heavily inferior to gain exp, even with 2k weapon skills gain experience is easily 4x as fast gil as this terrible outdated gil farming method. You encounter bots. Its slow. Its painful, its dumb.

This game has a divide, and the old players set in their ways and geared to the teeth don't want you around. People like this Sirmarki guy have been around a long time, and they've been shooing away new players for years now. Their purpose? Its not to help. Its to seem smarter than everyone else, and somehow like they're more amazing because they're ahead of the curve in an old video game. Congratulations, boomer, you win the game. (btw, I am likely the same age as you, I have just had different priorities in my life).

I honestly don't know if this change will hurt the game or not. But I think it has the potential to. And I really hate elitist snobs, if that wasn't very clear. These people are terrible and they don't belong in this or any social game. They don't deserve praise. They don't deserve thanks. They're just entirely worthless human beings. Grats.
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Seems to be a lot pf panic before we even know what the restrictions will be, I doubt this will affect the average player, as others have stated above
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bluryu View Post
    Typical elitist brain dead fool.
    You know somebody has no valid case to make when they start their reply with an insult.... Not that I care, it's rather funny (and completely wrong).
    I'm not geared to the teeth "elitist brain dead fool", I'm a casual player, I probably spend 2 hours a day playing, if that. Between working.

Read what I said, I made the comment about people who purchase gil. Unless you are justifying that?
    (0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I feel like this limitation should of been added the month of when they released sparks/accolades. Its little too late square.
    (0)

I'm going to guess that the Cap will be 99999 maximum earned Spark's per Week, and it will reset at a certain Day/Time each Week.

New players could buy complete Set's of gear and have plenty left over to turn in to Gil, and the limit is reset each Week, just Seven days!
    (0)

Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I'm going to guess that the Cap will be 99999 maximum earned Spark's per Week, and it will reset at a certain Day/Time each Week.

New players could buy complete Set's of gear and have plenty left over to turn in to Gil, and the limit is reset each Week, just Seven days!
    That I could easily get behind. After reading some of the other comments if it was higher than that the total amount of points it could be exchanged per week was maybe a little higher than that I think that would be okay.
    (0)
    Last edited by Morovich; 06-05-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast