Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sladey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm having exactly the same issue as the people in this thread mentioned. Been having R0's a few times for the past week and since today I can't log into POL (Connection Issue error).

Also from the Netherlands and with Ziggo as ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Kets
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm not sure if SE is aware of the problem, even if they aren't, that wouldn't surprise me. The way I see it, these connection problems are just affecting those people who have to use Cogent nodes in Amsterdam on the way to the SE Servers Japan - and that really isn't SE's fault. I've tried VPN from UK and Switzerland and both are fine, so it's not the entirety of europe that is affected, just certain providers with certain peerings. And no, international connections do not really care if countries are part of the European Union or not. All in all there is really no reason to assume that SE stopped caring about Europe. Just so you know, FFXIV is affected as well.
    (1)

Character
    Mrrshan
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    so, being from one of the countries affected *I assume the Netherlands and this part of Germany at least* there isn't really anything I as an End User can do?
    Not the issue of my ISP here as far as I can see / and not an issue at SE's end in Japan.
    Thanks for clearing it up Lutia - Lucky that someone like you are around - I would have lost.
    I assume that the resolution then is to either hope that whatever unknown person somewhere notices or install a VPN program?

Edit: Spelling seems to be my enemy today.
    Edit: Luckily my FFXIV chars are on the Light DC here in Europe
    (0)
    Last edited by Travmac; 06-01-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Character
    Kets
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I do not know what this issue looks like on Japan's side. If SE hosts its servers at a provider that has Cogent as a direct peering partner, that provider should be notified of the issues. The provider can then approach Cogent directly.

As an end customer, it wouldn't make sense to approach the own provider. First issue you'd notice is that their service desk wont have any idea what you are talking about, as they are absolutely clueless what peering is in the first place. (Did you restart your Router? Did you flush the toilet?)

Even if a miracle happens and you somehow get through to their NOC, they'd have to notify their peering - and that peering has to notify their peering. Ain't gonna happen if you're an unimportant end customer.

I've tried approaching Cogent directly which also doesn't make much sense, but yeah, I've tried. SE as a big company that pays a lot of money for their hosting obviously has much better chances reaching out here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lutia; 06-01-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Character
    Athlir
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I have the same issue today,
    furthermore, i have d/c issues for the last 2 weeks (Error-2059) but that's temporary fixed when i restart my router.

Based in Cologne, Germany
    ISP: NetCologne
    (0)

Character
    Hooligan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Finland is also suffering from this. Daily connection problems for a week or two and now unable even to connect. Luckily I was able to find this thread and after a couple of attempts it loaded up. After reading about the VPN solution, I was able to get the game working using a Switzerland based server. I much appreciate you shared all this information Lutia.
    (0)

Character
    Maleuss
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hello Same issue here Since Yesterday i cant log into the game from POL getting nonstop error POL-1160.
    Base in Bratislava, Slovakia
    ISP: Orange
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No issues here.

United Kingdom.
    ISP: VM
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 06-02-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Mikawaii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Exactly same issues, from Belgium (Europe), with 2 different ISPs.

ISP 1 : VOO (Brutele)
    ISP 2 : Orange
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Try downloading one of the free VPN's and connect from another location. If this is stable it is your ISPs DNS. Likely something has changed and is still propagating though the isp.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast