Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Game crashes when logging into one character

Hi, I've read a number of past reports of people having game crashing and logging in issues and have tried a lot of things, but no luck so far.

Last night, I was participating in the Sunshine event in Bastok Mines. The game suddenly crashed, completely closing down with no error message of any kind. It was late, so I went to bed.

Since then, I have not been able to log into this character. I have another character on the same server, same account, which I was able to successfully log in to. I took this character to Bastok Mines and am able to move around the zone without any trouble.

I tried to log in on the problem character on another computer. Same issue. Cannot get logged in on this character on either machine.

I performed a file check for both FFXI and POL. FFXI returned some errors, which I allowed the file checker to fix. POL returned no errors. Same issue still persists.

I tried removing all files in the USER directory. Same issue still persists.

I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

To recap:
    • Only one character is affected
    • Character cannot be accessed on either computer
    • File check has not resolved the issue
    • Removing USER files has not resolved the issue
    • No error message is present. The game simply closes.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Have a trusted friend, either virtual or IRL, or LS member log in to your account on their system as a guest user, and see if they have same problem. If not then have them move you to Mog house? Possibility.
    (0)

Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Unfortunately this is not an option I can use at this time. There isn't anyone I really would be comfortable sharing my login details with that also has access to the game.

I also just want to add a few more details:
    Both computers that I have tried to log in on are Windows 10
    The issue has occurred every time I've tried to log in. The game does not fully load. The blue boxes for chat and my character info start to load on the bottom of the screen but remain empty.
    I also tried restarting my modem, although I was pretty sure that wouldn't change anything
    (0)

Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    SkyTech Shadow

Operating System:
    Windows 10

Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA Geforce 1050 TI

ISP:
    Service Electric

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sounds like a corrupted or invalid dat file to me. File check doesn't always pick them all up.
    Have you been swapping around dat files with any other third party ones?
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I used map .dats and XI View, but the filecheck disabled all of that, which I expected. I haven't done any dat swapping beyond that on this computer.

If it's a dat file issue, the same file must be corrupted on both computers I'm using. How would I go about trying to determine which dat file is corrupted/invalid?

Given that I'm able to log other characters into the same zone, does it follow necessarily that it's something specific to my character?

Appreciate the help!
    (0)

Character
    Tchernine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaithe View Post
    I used map .dats and XI View, but the filecheck disabled all of that, which I expected. I haven't done any dat swapping beyond that on this computer.

If it's a dat file issue, the same file must be corrupted on both computers I'm using. How would I go about trying to determine which dat file is corrupted/invalid?

Given that I'm able to log other characters into the same zone, does it follow necessarily that it's something specific to my character?

Appreciate the help!
    Hi. I have the exact same problem as you. Was doing the event in bastok mines. When the time ended, it crashed. I think it was supposed to load a cutscene or warp you out of the event. I am sure its from SE side. They need to release an update to correct the issue. I submitted a support ticket. Hopefully they will pay attention to it and push an update to correct this issue as soon as possible
    (0)

Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I submitted a support ticket as well, hopefully they will address the issue. I'm sorry that you're having this problem too, but it's a relief to know I'm not the only one and that I can stop frantically chasing wild geese to try to solve the problem. Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaithe View Post
    I submitted a support ticket as well, hopefully they will address the issue. I'm sorry that you're having this problem too, but it's a relief to know I'm not the only one and that I can stop frantically chasing wild geese to try to solve the problem. Thank you!
    Might seem the obvious question, but have you un-installed/re-installed the game?
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Quaithe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, I frankly didn't think it would help at all, but I just completed re-installing the game fresh on my 2nd computer and I was able to log in my character. I moved her to another spot in the same zone and now I am able to log in to her on my regular computer. Hooray! Not sure why this worked or if it was a coincidence, but I'm just happy to be able to play again. Thank you everyone who gave advice!
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast