Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    I think you'll find most blue mages like how it is right now, if they make spells stronger they will most likely nerf our melee damage to offset it.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Every BLU i've talked to is in favor of a buff, its possible you don't know the BLU players very well then.
    (2)

Player
    You won't get a straight buff, you'll get a buff and a nerf to go with it if it happens. If they make blue spells stronger, they will nerf passive abilities to offset it.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While I respect your opinion, I just simply disagree. The recent string of jobs have gotten direct and indirect buffs and not nerfs. Just as an example, RDM has gotten Crocea Mors, Daybreak and tons of individual job adjustments and 0 nerfs. Well, I think it worked out quite well for them as they are soloing every hard fight in the game and are one of the most desired jobs atm. MNK received similar treatment and no nerfs.

There is no evidence to support what you're claiming. Just let people have updates to their favorite jobs and don't try to impede. There is nothing harmful with letting our weak debuffs get improvements when a RDMs debuffs completely eclipses BLU these days. Even a MNK with penance renders most of BLUs utility moot. BLU is stuck in lv75 days in terms of potency for spells. I primarily want potency adjustments to additional effects and enfeebles, not direct damage upgrades. There is also no harm in increasing the duration of our buffs that barely last a minute when most of RDMs self buffs last over 20 minutes. It just reduces tedium and is a indirect dmg increase like many other jobs got, it also is a QoL adjustment.
    (3)
    Last edited by Typral; 06-19-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hello DEV, lets show BLU some love.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    All BLU needs is 5-10 more slots in the UI to add more spells. (More blue magic points or blue magic duration would be nice too).

Blue Mage is currently great in end-game with top-tier gear. Nothing NEEDS to change.
    (0)

Character
    Inem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It does need an update actually, blue magic duration is one of the things you've said that needs changing. There isn't anything wrong with giving a job QoL updates when people are asking for them. I don't get the benefit by saying "nothing needs to change."
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inem View Post
    It does need an update actually, blue magic duration is one of the things you've said that needs changing. There isn't anything wrong with giving a job QoL updates when people are asking for them. I don't get the benefit by saying "nothing needs to change."
    The benefit is that development resources are scarce and other jobs (particularly Beastmaster) are literally in a broken, unfinished state.

SE spent that last 2-3 years doing job adjustments, which I'm grateful for ....but let SE finish BST and 1-2 other necessary jobs, if any are left ....AND THEN go back to creating MORE CONTENT for us!. That's what we need, folks. More. Content. (Odyssey and 4 year-old Dynamis/Omen, just isn't cutting it anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Many jobs have been updated since you started doing the rounds. Can you include BLU plz
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bump, no updates and no word on this jobs future. We have tons of spells that are completely useless and outdated (Maelstrom, 162 MP and lower power than Subduction which is 25 MP...)

So many of our spells could use reworks or we need gear that improves spell potency (specifically additional effects and debuffs) and spell duration.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast