Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Disparity at End Game: BLU needs an update.

Hello, I am posting this because it is time to update BLU. They have been left off a lot of gear options for almost 3 years now until miraculously they were added to Malignance (except the earring for some reason.)

I would like to see some upgrades to BLU similar to what RDM has gotten to place it so high up on the desired jobs list these days.

-Equipment that enhances Blue Magic duration and potency

If we had equipment that increased the potency of our Blue Magic, it would open new spell setups with older spells. Some examples would be Infrasonics giving a potent EVA down for an ACC boost, Warm-up giving a good deal of self ACC (or diffusion'd), etc. Possibly a problem for Haste spells but that isn't an issue these days as most setups comprise a BRD or GEO. Additional effects benefiting from the potency of said equipment would also increase our utility in parties for content like Omen, Ambuscade, etc. A decent Plague, Paralyze, Slow, etc would benefit small groups greatly and its already done via other jobs like MNK or RDM. Historically, BLU was given spells to compare to the utility of these jobs and it has fallen far behind what they are currently capable of.

The duration of most of our buff spells barely surpass 1m30s. This is too short when jobs like RDM have self buffs that last over 20 minutes. The BLU is constantly casting buffs spells and it lowers their DPS and leaves them open to damage/interruption in most cases. Juggling 2-4 different buffs these days with these durations is incredibly frustrating (Cocoon, Nat. Meditation, Barrier Tusk being what the majority cast.) Not having to cast them would indirectly increase our damage potential.

An update to BLU so that we ACTUALLY cast Blue Magic, seems like a logical choice to me. Currently BLU end-game consists of getting buffs and spamming a singular WS. In content like Dyna D we don't even use our utility spells and only AOE nuke or spam said WS. BLU has fallen behind in a lot of content in comparison to other DD jobs and even RDM. We have jobs like MNK that clear battles safer and faster than a BLU casting all kinds of defensive spells and debuffs. The job is stuck with older mechanics when everyone else has gone into ridiculous levels of damage and utility.

-Change to our job abilities

We currently use Unbridled Learning for one spell, Mighty Guard. Rarely ever are the others cast unless we have the 1hr up and even then its limited. This design seems really short sighted and maybe it should be reworked to be made so that we have the ability to cast the other spells without having to choose only one.

Abilities like Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity seem really outdated. They would better be served as a stance in my opinion. Something like Convergence is almost entirely useless these days. A lot of the concept of the job seems to still be rooted in 75 cap days. Our Dynamis JSE weapon was almost entirely useless outside of a MACC increase when other jobs got weapons that literally changed the meta.

In closing, I would strongly enjoy if BLU got equipment that enhances our spell casting so that we can close the gap in the disparty at end game. Right now there are jobs putting out ridiculous numbers of DMG buffed up in content like Dyna D and Omen, and it just seems like BLU has been left behind as all these jobs have gotten updates directly or indirectly. While Malignance gear was a big upgrade for BLU, I would like to see some unique equipment that would enhance our gameplay.
    (4)
    Last edited by Typral; 05-29-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Some ideas.

Chain Affinity: Allows next blue magic skill to be used in skill chain & increases physical blue magic potency. (Doesn't consume TP when used.)
    Burst Affinity: Allows all magical blue magic to be used in a magic burst and increasing damage potency.
    Convergence: Increases all Blue magic attack/acc potency for 3mins.
    Diffusion: Allows you to use any of the "Diffusion" based blue magic spells.

Diffusion Spells (Same basic spells but they effect the whole party and buff duration increased. However these spells can only be used when Diffusion is on)
    (These spells you don't need to set.)

- Animating Wail 5mins to 10mins (Aoe version of Haste 2)
    - Magic Barrier 5mins to 10mins
    - Reactor Cool 2mins to 5mins (Increased Defense & Ice spikes)
    - Triumphant Roar 90s to 3mins (Increased Attack)
    - Warm up 3mins to 6mins. (Increased Acc & eva)
    - Zephyr Mantle 4 blink shadows to 12 blink shadows. (Blink)
    - Memento Mori 30secs to 90secs (Increased MAB)
    - Plasma Charge 50s to 130s (Thunder spikes + Refresh+1)

Efflux: TP gained when using physical blue magic spells.

Unbridled Wisdom: All spells cost 0MP for 1min.

- Refueling upgraded to Haste II. (Self haste 2)
    (0)
    Last edited by Venat; 05-29-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wouldn't it be better to just have equipment that gives a boost to BLU spells across the board? It is less DEV work for them and serves the same purpose for us. They would also have to consider the fact that those spells have level caps of 50~75 etc, so even though its silly people would be OP at those levels.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bump, I hope we can get an update
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just had a thought, if you're working on the revamped AF3 it would be a great time to use it to create the new stats of "Blue magic potency/duration increase +%"
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Just had a thought, if you're working on the revamped AF3 it would be a great time to use it to create the new stats of "Blue magic potency/duration increase +%"
    I don't believe they would do anything gear wise going forward that would make blue magic very potent outside the usual stats

I would rather them doing adjustments to the potency / duration spells themselves.
    Change up the formulas of certain spells, lower recast delay of Magic Hammer and boost its base damage, increase the duration of Cocoon and Nature's Meditation, increase the potency of healing blue magic spells such as Magic Fruit and make blue magic skill influence more into the potency.

There are several Blue Magic spells they could do to adjust.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 06-07-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Give us Job Trait Bonus III.
    (1)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    I don't believe they would do anything gear wise going forward that would make blue magic very potent outside the usual stats

I would rather them doing adjustments to the potency / duration spells themselves.
    Change up the formulas of certain spells, lower recast delay of Magic Hammer and boost its base damage, increase the duration of Cocoon and Nature's Meditation, increase the potency of healing blue magic spells such as Magic Fruit and make blue magic skill influence more into the potency.

There are several Blue Magic spells they could do to adjust.
    Yes I agree with you and I would love that too. The reason I suggest using the gear is because RDM got to where its at right now due to gear upgrades for the most part. They have so much gear that is "enhancing dur+" "enfeebling dur+, potency+" its really done a number for their spells. What you're asking for is a complete revamp of literally every single blue magic spell, with such a small DEV team it wouldn't be realtistic. If they were to place the new stats on gear, it would even revamp older spells like Infrasonics for a nice EVA down (acc boost) among other old spells we never use.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BUMP, BLU POWER
    (1)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hello DEV, please consider adding Blue magic duration/potency equipment, via AF3 would be nice when you revamp it. thnx
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast