Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    556
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

    The level cap quests need to be changed.

    The level cap quest system needs to be changed badly, it made sense back in the day but leveling now is so fast that it is just annoying to have to stop every 5 few levels.

    How it currently works:

    Be level 50 > do Limit Break 1 to unlock 55.
    Be level 51 > do limit break 2 to unlock 60.
    Be level 56 > do limit break 3 to unlock 65.
    Be level 61 > do limit break 4 to unlock 70.
    On and on and on all the way to 99, this is so tedious.

    Instead it should be:

    Be level 50 > do Limit Break 1.
    Finished limit break 1 > do limit break 2.
    Finished limit break 2 > do limit break 3.

    Put a level restriction on the first and then the only restriction from there on should be completion of the last quest, then you can do a lot of limit break quests at once and just level at the end free from interruptions.
    (7)

  2. #2
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    25
    Level cap breaks shouldn't even exist anymore.

    Change them to give exp boost +10% each one you complete (at any level) and remove all the caps, they're pointless. Just an annoyance at this point. You don't learn about evading aggro or exploring zones anymore.
    (5)

  3. #3
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    365
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Level cap breaks shouldn't even exist anymore.

    Change them to give exp boost +10% each one you complete (at any level) and remove all the caps, they're pointless. Just an annoyance at this point. You don't learn about evading aggro or exploring zones anymore.
    Or leave them as is, and add an option to buy the limit breaks from the Moogle added in RoV, still would require returning every 5 levels, but drops most the annoyance, and fits with how they done a lot of the tedious stuff.
    (1)

  4. #4
    Player Dzspdref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    271
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Nope, just leave it as it is.
    It isn't broken, so they're not going to "fix" it.
    They don't have the resources/manpower right now to even do something like this.
    Plus it doesn't break any QoL problems (Impatience is not a problem of the game, but the player). So they won't.
    The option Jakuk gives MIGHT be plausible, but highly unlikely.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player Dragoniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    49
    Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Or leave them as is, and add an option to buy the limit breaks from the Moogle added in RoV, still would require returning every 5 levels, but drops most the annoyance, and fits with how they done a lot of the tedious stuff.
    That would be the best option for impatient people.

    Like assault, impatient ppl can buy the key item to get promote instead of doing the quests.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,100
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm probably one of minority in that I EXP solo (as opposed to the PL obsession).

    I started levelling a new character a little while back, just so I could get away from the 99 norm and inspire a little nostalgia.

    I had no RoV done, and was EXPing in the various zones.

    If you are chaining IT/VT/T mobs, have FoV/GoV active, as well as RoE's (Gain exp even more so) then it seemed I was gaining a level in less than 2~3 minutes. It did get annoying having to leave every zone after 6~10mins to find more IT/VT/T, to then just hit the cap again.

    So, as a traditional player, I can get on board with some kind of change.
    (2)

    Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

  7. #7
    Player Venat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    161
    Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    After looking at the quests again. Yeah there needs to be changes. Removal of all limit break quests until 70-75 and 95->99.
    Would lock merit system behind 1 of the limit break quests. (The level 60-65 one. Which sends you to each of the 3 beast camps.)

    Rest of the limit break quests are simply just come back to Maat and trade 5 kindred seals and 4 merits etc. Mainly just to waste your time. Those should be completely gone.

    Gone are the weeks it take you 5 levels to earn and then do a quest. Stuff like this takes seconds.
    (1)
    Last edited by Venat; 05-29-2020 at 10:42 PM.

  8. #8
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    7,158
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The level cap quest system needs to be changed badly, it made sense back in the day but leveling now is so fast that it is just annoying to have to stop every 5 few levels.

    How it currently works:

    Be level 50 > do Limit Break 1 to unlock 55.
    Be level 51 > do limit break 2 to unlock 60.
    Be level 56 > do limit break 3 to unlock 65.
    Be level 61 > do limit break 4 to unlock 70.
    On and on and on all the way to 99, this is so tedious.

    Instead it should be:

    Be level 50 > do Limit Break 1.
    Finished limit break 1 > do limit break 2.
    Finished limit break 2 > do limit break 3.

    Put a level restriction on the first and then the only restriction from there on should be completion of the last quest, then you can do a lot of limit break quests at once and just level at the end free from interruptions.
    I don't really see how this change has any meaningful impact. But really, as others have said, having to do quests to raise your level limit shouldn't even be a thing anymore.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,100
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't really see how this change has any meaningful impact. But really, as others have said, having to do quests to raise your level limit shouldn't even be a thing anymore.
    Maybe so, I wouldn't go with remove them outright though without at least one thing cleared. Maybe add the removal of them with some kind of KI as part of the RoV line.
    (0)

    Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

  10. #10
    Player Pixela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    556
    Character
    Lynettta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't really see how this change has any meaningful impact.
    It's really annoying to have to stop every 5 levels to go to a quest again and again when it takes an hour or two to get those 5 levels, better to just do them all at once on a specific day and then be free to level unrestricted.

    Many people won't level new characters because of the annoying roadblocks, if they could all be done at once it would be less of a chore.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast