Player

Gardening in 2020

Gardening used to be very popular, it was one of the main tricks people had to make lots of gil back in the day. People would have masses of mules and they would check them every day to grow plants and sell the results. I funded a relic long ago when they were rare to own doing this.

Now, it's not worth doing at all other than to make a glowing mog house ornament when you freeze them in bloom state.

Why not update gardening for 2020? it will be popular content and it will encourage people to get more alts.

I suggest reducing the amount of "checking" to make it less annoying to do. So instead make it, plant the starter material and then add a crystal and harvest in a week. No checking every day and no dying. Just let them stay in bloom state.

Also increase the prices NPCs buy the results for and maybe add possible rare results like a pulse cell etc maybe as a rare reward. Also add a RoE quest linked to gardening. that gives capacity points or something maybe.

This is great content and it really needs an update, it would not even be hard to do since all the basics are already there.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This sounds fun - I'd also like an update to the gardening system. Perhaps they could do a dual overhaul together with HELM activities? Special seeds and fertiliser minerals from the world to grow interesting plants in the mog house. Though honestly I'd accept anything that stops entire stacks of hatchets spontaneously detonating the moment I so much as glance at a tree.

I'm not sure I'm on board with a system focused around encouraging people to get more alts (cough silver vouchers cough), but if that's just a side effect of a cool gardening update then so be it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just eliminate the maintenance aspect or make it reward more items and eliminate plant death. I don't garden because it's a hassle, even though its actually a good source of certain materials.
    (0)

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wasn't the mog garden the answer to this? You still can plant stuff but it doesn't die if you don't check it everyday. In fact I haven't checked mine for 3-5 days and i'm sure they are still okay.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it was kinda but there are still things you can only get "easily" from gardening.
    (0)