Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
In defense of the tool creators, they generally didn't intend for any of this and don't condone cheating. Things like the medal duping and voidwatch exploit were possible because of security flaws in the game that anyone with the proper knowledge and skill could have exploited.

But tying back to the topic at hand, ultimately every player deserves an economy free of item duping and RMT-farmed gil, and I'm against the idea of creating a special space for this- They simply have to stop half-___ing (I really can't think of a sanitized alternative to that term...) it: either devote more time to keeping the game clean or just give up entirely. I'd really like SE to demonstrate that integrity is worth something and not let the fact that a client is paying them money get in the way of them receiving punishment for breaking the rules.

They absolutely should not capitulate and create a "safe space" and leave the rest of the population who doesn't feel like they should have to pay more for a cleaner experience (since they didn't have to for up to the last 18 years) stuck in an increasingly corrupt environment. Those players are more likely to just leave than transfer, do you really want to see more legit players quit?
I'm reading your posts and wondering if you are just unaware of how ubiquitous some "tools" are, or if you truly think they have little to no effect? I can understand your perspective how some tools actually make the game accessible for some people due to things they can't help (eyesight/disability/etc)

But lets look at one of the most prevalent "tools": Gearswap

Are you of the opinion that it is simply a QoL tool?

Because I'd argue it quite literally fits the definition of cheating. It allows you to do things you otherwise are not able to do. The game has a 1 second cooldown between equipment swaps yet this tool circumvents that.

Where do you stand on that issue?