Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

New server that is actually policed, 1 time transfer

A thought struck me about the state of the game and how SE has, let's say, an enforcement issue when it comes to ToS issues.

Whether it's their fault or simply a bandwidth problem is irrelevant.

With that said how would people receive the idea of a fresh server that is
    1. Actively policed 24/7
    2. You are allowed to transfer there, but you can't bring your gil.
    3. If you would like to leave the server you may, but you may not return again. This would prevent "shopping" trips
    4. Extra $1 or $2 on top of the normal sub cost perhaps to cover monitoring?

As for the other servers, they can become free-for-all servers that aren't monitored outside of blatant things like duping/hacking etc. (basically as they are now)

I realize this may be an unpopular idea but I think it could be a nice middle ground for those of us who are tired of seeing bots, cheaters, and all the other unsavory ToS breaches that crop up.

This would also allow SE to focus their energies on a single server where the players that choose to go there are investing in that specific sort of environment, so by default you'll have fewer likely issues in the first place.

Thoughts?
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think players who have proven experience with producing STFU reports that ended up being 100% accurate would be the best of moderators. I'm willing to bet that there are many players out there that are sick to death of
    the seemingly vast amounts of people abusing the game mechanics.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    First, that doesn't work at all, because alts and mules exist. You cannot possibly stop a person from coming and going as they please, if you allow server jumping.

But sure, it's a fine idea, provided you never allow anyone to leave once they arrive, and cannot bring sellables onto it. and no eschuteons, inability to make them.
    (0)

Player
    There really aren't that many bots on smaller servers, you greatly exaggerate the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    There really aren't that many bots on smaller servers, you greatly exaggerate the problem.
    That's because there isn't much of anything on smaller servers.. I know, I moved from one 3 years ago

And yes, it is a massive problem on Asura..
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you've been glued to the forums, I have personally mentioned this idea several times. {With a bit more ferocity.}

Page 2 (begins with 8 step process)

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...932#post623932
    (0)

Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Can you quote where I exaggerated..... anything?

And sure there aren't that many, but everyone has a subjective line of what they'll tolerate.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm sorry but this is just stupid. All servers should be "policed." not just one. Everyone has or should have the same expectation of the least amount of RMT etc. that could realistically be acheived.

But basically, transfer off asura and your problems will be greatly diminished (unless everyone takes this advice and some other server becomes the overcrowded one)
    (3)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have to agree with Alhanelem. We should expect an active STF presence on all servers. Running away and hiding on a single server and letting the cheaters run rampant is not a good solution.

I don't know how Phoenix rates in terms of population, but we have more than enough scum here. I've never had the misfortune to visit Asura, but I just want to emphasise that this isn't just an Asura problem, and that ideally all of the servers need to be more closely monitored to purge them of cheaters.

Most of the Adoulin zones here on Phoenix are crawling with bots, especially at the weekends, and even more so with COVID-19. There are curebots in my parties, multibox armies in DI, skillup bots spamming Indi-Voidance outside cities, even spark bots in the basement of Garlaige Citadel. We have a character literally called "Jobpoints" selling JP in /yell, we have currency bots in Dynamis.

I can't go a day without being adversely affected by a bot or someone doing something automated. I can't buy HQ items on the AH as they're all generated by cheaters, and if I'm really honest with myself, the gil I receive from selling items on the AH has probably been botted or bought by someone recently.

Let's not downplay the problem. Everything single thing I do in the game is affected by botting and cheating these days. It's rife, and it needs to be stopped.
    (1)

Player
    There's no money in banning accounts.

You should be so lucky as to have one server where they can enforce the rules, instead of zero.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast