Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Bot don't hide anymore...

It's silly how often you can see a bot farming in front of you, it's either a flee hack, a warp hack or a farming hack, taking place over legit player, reducing the possibility of having a group or... having a spot to farm exp.

They are everywhere and do not care about being banned, when they can answer call, the only words they give is:

"I don't care, Square Enix do nothing anyway...", some even say what they're using...

When i've called a GM, they say: "i can do nothing, you have to report to the STF"
    Even if they can see it with their own eyes.

This is a call from the heart, because the game is killed by automated player that can refill even their money doing nothing, making price to grow, and killing the social of the game, a game that cost over 20 bucks and is handle by phew people.

Welcome to Asura... Where bot don't hide anymore and after a few month, they're still here, even if you report them.
    (5)

Player
    Bots pay more subs than players. SE is a business.

You want them gone, figure out how to cover the lost revenue.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Take action against Square Enix, not respecting their own ToS, making player unable to play the game they are paying for, they'll lose more in that.

There is a code of conduct.
    (1)

Player
    They choose how and when to enforce the rules. They are not bound to their rules, you are.

The ONLY recourse you have is to quit, and you won't. So, that's why they won't do anything.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    They choose how and when to enforce the rules. They are not bound to their rules, you are.

The ONLY recourse you have is to quit, and you won't. So, that's why they won't do anything.
    We've already had this talk, it's they're responsabilities to keep the game cleaned.

It's not about lost revenu, They probably earn more than what they spend on this game.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but when you buy something from a company (in this case a sub), you form a contract with them, and the terms are applied both ways. Maybe it depends on what country you are in.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    It's silly how often you can see a bot farming in front of you, it's either a flee hack, a warp hack or a farming hack, taking place over legit player, reducing the possibility of having a group or... having a spot to farm exp.
    Over the last few days, I have taken a different approach and started playing as if I was a new player, with a different character on my account, purely for nostalgia purposes - it's nice getting away being a mastered GEO, WHM, THF, or whatever.
    No PL's, just traditional mission, quest and EXP gathering (solo).

It wasn't long before I hit the cheats.

Crawlers Nest (LB items)
    Playing as close to how I remember, I needed to get some Exoray mold. Turned the corner to where I remember them being, and here comes anon player, 99, sparks gear, boom... Exoray dead. Running around in set pattern.
    The same "person" I saw some years ago in Palborough Mines doing the exact same thing.

Xarcabard
    Collecting the ??? LB2 key items behind the NM's. Seems some people don't even bother walking or riding there anymore. Again, I walk to the ??? and anon players just instantly appear in front of me at the ???

So, you're right, they don't appear to care anymore, as if it is the new normal.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 05-22-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have a fun idea, they should shadowban all the bots.

That is, they can still log in and play, but everyone they haven't identified as a bot is invisible and doesn't show up in search and can't be interacted with in any way. item sold by such accounts can only be seen and bought on the AH by other such players.

Then they don't have to ban anyone and they probably wont notice, at least for a while.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i'm certain there's a computer programming coding limitation that would prevent GMs from making a whole shadow population.
    (0)

Player
    Actually not really. What he wants to do is basically give them "trial status" they can't AH, they can't yell, they can't trade, they can't bazaar.

You can play the game but you can't do anything other than play the game.

Instead of a ban you could still build REMA manually, still craft your own gear. it just makes it impossible to sell gil. Ultimately pointless though because no one does it from their main account. Just stop paying the "shadowbanned" account and make a new alt in 5 minutes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Soraii; 05-25-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast