Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Please stop with the knockback effect moves

This is the single biggest annoying thing in the game right now, you keep adding knockback effects and they are so tiring and annoying. It's bad enough for normal players (I lost count how many times I was knocked back in Ambuscade today) but for multibox players it's insanely annoying to the point of canceling accounts over, considering these are people who spend a lot of money on the game is makes no sense to annoy them to the point of ubsubscribing many alt accounts pointlessly with these moves.

Just stun instead, stop with knockback moves already. Alternatively, just add 100% knockback resistance capes instead of +40-50%. It's an all or nothing problem.
    (5)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-14-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The BST's worst nightmare...

"Reward"...
    "Out of range".......
    *Pet dies*

Forget anything to do with multiple mobs, such as ambuscade, with the added draw back of being knocked back from your pet.
    I ended up chasing my pet around the arena, just to Ready and Reward, rather than fighting the monsters.
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I prefer knockbacks over most other mechanics really.

Nothing is more infuriating then getting stunned/slept/petrified etc and not being able to actually play the game for 30seconds to a minute.

At least with a knock back you get to actively deal with.

Unless of course in your situation where you are multiboxing. To that I say: too bad
    (1)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    for multibox players
    The real problem of the game !

But i do agree, that spam KB is a pain for us all.

But i'm also glad that a Multi-box account cannot do Everything in the game all by themself !
    Next time, try to do like the "good old days" and find a real group, you'll get less KB...
    (2)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Knock backs are only bad for multi account users because it becomes annoying. They need to lessen the reliance on multi accounts because its damaging the game.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE needs to change the user agreement to allow the use of malware detection to detect bots/scripts/packet corruption (known 3rd party invasive add-ons) within the FFXI program itself, which upon detection would terminate the server connection.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Knock backs are only bad for multi account users because it becomes annoying. They need to lessen the reliance on multi accounts because its damaging the game.
    Without the multibox players you might not have a game to play at all, a wider array of players means the game is profitable for you to play the way you want to play it.

Speaking personally, I would not be playing any of my accounts if I could not play them all.
    (1)

Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Without the multibox players you might not have a game to play at all, a wider array of players means the game is profitable for you to play the way you want to play it.

Speaking personally, I would not be playing any of my accounts if I could not play them all.
    I'd be interested to see you elaborate on the assumption that multi-boxing is a net positive for the game.

You would acknowledge that it has led to some players quitting, yes?
    (1)

Player
    The issue you have is agaisnt the reality of the modern MMO players (and people with far less time who grew up with ffxi), the reason you can't have "old ffxi" is because most people don't want that anymore. Back in the day FFXI had very little competition so you had to put up with those 3 hour waits for a xp or spending an hour building a group for something, now they will simply just leave the game. You can't force people to put up with annoyances anymore, which is why old ffxi worked.

FFXI changed because it had to, as such they enabled Trusts (which is a kind of simplistic multibox). Multibox players aren't your enemy, if any exists it's trusts.

In a game with a subscription you need players to keep paying money, so the game continues to run and developers get paid. As such, multibox players are an asset because they spend a lot of money on the game every month and do very little damage to you in the process. If Square turned on me and people like me to stop us using our alts we would not party with you anyway, we would either just quit or go back to 100% using trusts. It would be a financial loss for no benefit.

Regardless, the point was for all players and not just multiboxers. Knockback is annoying, just add a cape with 100% knockback reduction and we can take a loss of a useful cape to gain this benefit.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Multibox players aren't your enemy, if any exists it's trusts.
    Not really. Trusts do not replace humans, they are a subtle help.

The problems with multibox (and I'm not referring to all people who do it):

- JP bots: I haven't seen hardly any people yelling for CP parties, I'm guessing some people have referred to paying the hundreds of suspect "players" in Dho gates. Possibly RMT!?
    - Mercs: Selling everything under the sun does not have a positive effect on the game, it eliminates situations where people could have gotten together to do content.

You say about the game being alive because of multlibox, but what kind of game do you or people want?
    A game kept alive by cheating, scripting, multi-boxing mercs, bots and JP? Or a game where players actual play it, together?
    Take away the JP sellers and the mercs, and people would have to do stuff together.
    (4)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast