Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Everyone that plays impacts the game, if you have a day off work you impact the game more. This thread is about knockback, not your personal bugbear anyway.
    I recall you bringing the topic of multi-boxing into this discussion in the OP:

This is the single biggest annoying thing in the game right now, you keep adding knockback effects and they are so tiring and annoying. It's bad enough for normal players (I lost count how many times I was knocked back in Ambuscade today) but for multibox players it's insanely annoying to the point of canceling accounts over, considering these are people who spend a lot of money on the game is makes no sense to annoy them to the point of ubsubscribing many alt accounts pointlessly with these moves.

Just stun instead, stop with knockback moves already. Alternatively, just add 100% knockback resistance capes instead of +40-50%. It's an all or nothing problem.
    It's clearly more of an issue for a certain group of "players"
    (3)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This is the single biggest annoying thing in the game right now, you keep adding knockback effects and they are so tiring and annoying. It's bad enough for normal players (I lost count how many times I was knocked back in Ambuscade today) but for multibox players it's insanely annoying to the point of canceling accounts over, considering these are people who spend a lot of money on the game is makes no sense to annoy them to the point of ubsubscribing many alt accounts pointlessly with these moves.

Just stun instead, stop with knockback moves already. Alternatively, just add 100% knockback resistance capes instead of +40-50%. It's an all or nothing problem.
    Not even a multi-boxer and I agree, for the most part (save for knockback resistance capes). Never cared for knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    SE needs to change the user agreement to allow the use of malware detection to detect bots/scripts/packet corruption (known 3rd party invasive add-ons) within the FFXI program itself, which upon detection would terminate the server connection.
    Yep, just what we need. Malware-infested, computer-destroying rootkits in the name of anti-cheat software.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    E-sport titles are using these countermeasures, there should be no viable reason to argue FFXI would not benefit from doing the same.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While knockbacks are annoying, to suggest that people quit games over it is ridiculous. Basically every MMO has these, some more than others, and ive never heard of people quititng them over it.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    E-sport titles are using these countermeasures, there should be no viable reason to argue FFXI would not benefit from doing the same.
    Privacy conrcerns, and such measures aren't legal in all countries. They have explicitly stated this as one of the reasons they don't scan people's computers for cheats etc.
    (2)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    You sounds like mulboxing players are filling the servers ....
    Like if there is 1000 players on a server. There is in reality less than 500 real player due to multiboxing.....

SE should remove all 3 characters restrictions acces and allow TRUSTS and FELLOW in every content. That way classic players can enjoy all content like multiboxing players.
    (3)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    E-sport titles are using these countermeasures,
    Do you also break your leg when everyone else breaks theirs? Those games are next-level stupid as are their users. People who actually pay for their computers and care for them do not tolerate malware-infested rootkits. Ever.

In fact, it seems that the real problem is with you Asurans. You want all the benefits of a mega server with none of its cons. "Mercing" and such is an inevitability when you're on ANY game's largest server. Here on Sylph, we don't really have any such problems, and I'd wager the same is true for nearly every other server too (obviously the case for Shiva based on other users' inputs).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    You sounds like mulboxing players are filling the servers ....
    Like if there is 1000 players on a server. There is in reality less than 500 real player due to multiboxing.....

SE should remove all 3 characters restrictions acces and allow TRUSTS and FELLOW in every content. That way classic players can enjoy all content like multiboxing players.
    And also optimize trust AI, at least in the case of healers and tanks.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neogon; 05-17-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Most posts opposed to ethics reforms are missing the environment. Either due to being uninformed, not doing proper evaluation, or grandstanding to protect illicit advantages they are partaking in themselves.

Interactions that do not break ToS are free from criticism.

The criticism is directed at ToS violations that are being utilized to attain absurd advantages that are transferred through player interactions to corrupt the community status quo.
    They also corrupt the intent of the game developers at Square-Enix utilizing these ToS violations.

We are discussing ToS violations where users are employing prohibited tools to fabricate gil, cheat character progression objectives, or charge gil for access to advantages attained by ToS violation.

The most obvious of these include but are not limited to:
    Bots utilized for AFK command inputs.
    Bots utilized for the sale of illegitimate gains in equipment, materials, EXP, capacity points.
    Hacks utilized to dupliacte items.
    Hacks utilized to corrupt synthesis (crafting).
    Scripts utilized to pollute /yell with billboard advertisements, most of which are offering gains derived from the utilization of ToS violations.
    Laundering of gil attained through the use of prohibited activity to perceived 'clean' accounts.
    RMT suppliers, retailers and customers.
    Exploitation of prohibited conduct to hire achievement gains for character progression.

Nefarious greed begets more nefarious greed. Corruption begets further corruption.
    The proliferation of which is and has been massively detrimental to the traditional and intended game play.
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 05-18-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is that Starcade?
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm about as fanatically anti-cheating as someone can get, and even I don't support the use of cheat detection on machines. It opens a door to some very shady stuff. We shouldn't encourage the trend for manufacturers to take away our control of our own devices.

We just need more boots on the ground. I know they don't have many staff, but it's becoming a really serious problem. Like I said on the digest thread, people are having to choose between supporting cheaters (and becoming guilty by association), or cutting themselves off from massive parts of the game. For some people that's an obvious choice, whichever way they choose, but the fact that they have to make that choice is really not acceptable. What do I spend my gil on if the entire HQ gear market is cut off from me?

Oh and less knockbacks, obviously.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast