[Yes, I know no one cares about ballista, but it is a significant detriment to the enjoyment of it for those who do]

ISP:
Spectrum

Type of Internet Connection:
cable

Internet Connection Speed:
100 Mbps

Date & Time:
Ongoing (first discovered around a month or so before this post)

Frequency:
Sometimes (Appears to apply to playing with no level cap and using item level gear)

Character Name:
Tahngarthor

Race:
Galka

World:
Shiva

Main Job:
SMN

Support Job:
Multiple (WAR, SAM, WHM, DRK, probably doesnt matter)

Area and Coordinates:
Diorama Abdjalis-Ghelsba

Party or Solo:
Solo (The players on either team were all solo and not in a party)

NPC Name:
None

Monster Name:
Opposing player characters

Steps:
1) Set up a ballista match with players on both sides and start it. My observations were in the Diorama but it probably applies to official matches as well.
2) Have a player on a job which can apply a Sleep effect to targets which will last longer than 30 seconds. PvP rules, as of the last time they were ever updated, impose a 30 second cap on the duration of Sleep effects. It is possible that this issue may be caused by gear which extends sleep duration, if this exists. I am no expert on this.

3) Have that player apply the effect to an enemy PC.
4) Have the afflicted player report the duration of their sleep effect.

Currently, at least with no level restriction and players using item level gear, sleep can last longer than it is supposed to during Ballista matches. As noted, the last time ballista rules were updated, there was a 30 second cap on the duration of sleep, however right now I am observing sleep durations well in excess of that cap, and needless to say it's not a ton of fun being disabled for a minute or more in a more fast-action setting.