Character
    Ninjtsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

This game doesn't want us to play it

Majority of the FFXI players quit and return duo to life changes and other stuff.
    The problem isn't here, the problem is the FFXI account system.

players tend to forget their passwords or in some cases don't know what they set their account date of birth to.

my brother who is willing to get back to the game, has an issue of logging in to his account, even tho he is sure of the password.
    What I think happened is, FFXI put a restriction on his account for I don't know reason.

He tried to reset his password with his email, they sent him a link, and he tried to change it but the problem was the date of birth.
    He doesn't know the date of birth he set for this account (he set it when he was young) so probably he put anything in there.

We sent FFXI support an email to get his account back.. they didn't respond.
    did you guys face the same issue? and what's the solution? should I call a GM?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arven View Post
    Majority of the FFXI players quit and return duo to life changes and other stuff.
    The problem isn't here, the problem is the FFXI account system.
    No.. The problem here is that your brother put in a false birth date and can't remember what false birth date he set. Their own fault...
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    maybe call a GM
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Where exactly is the issue with the password?

When logging in to the Square Enix Account Management site, or when logging in to the game via the PlayOnline Viewer?

A very common issue with the PlayOnline Viewer part is that the PlayOnline password has not been set to be remembered in the PlayOnline Viewer user settings. Without doing so, the viewer will ask for the PlayOnline password, and logging in with just that does not work.

With the PlayOnline password saved into the PlayOnline Viewer user settings, the Square Enix account password is used to actually log in.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If the account is very old its possible he had to lie about his birthdate to get it to accept him under 18 years. Happened to a lot of people, you have to contact SE phone support, its the easiest method. The problem with that, I think they closed their offices and only work from home. I had a huge issue with their store not long ago and it took them ages tor respond to me
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it sounds to me like someone entered a false birthdate to get around the game's requirement that you have to be 13 or older to sign up. Most people don't forget their actual birth dates.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Where exactly is the issue with the password?

When logging in to the Square Enix Account Management site, or when logging in to the game via the PlayOnline Viewer?

A very common issue with the PlayOnline Viewer part is that the PlayOnline password has not been set to be remembered in the PlayOnline Viewer user settings. Without doing so, the viewer will ask for the PlayOnline password, and logging in with just that does not work.

With the PlayOnline password saved into the PlayOnline Viewer user settings, the Square Enix account password is used to actually log in.
    Having said what I said, this is a VERY common issue. The Playonline ID and password must be saved in the user settings prior to logging in. When you actually log in, you enter your Square Enix Account password, not your playonline password.

Basically, SE years back modernized their account and billing system, but this wasn't really directly compatible with the old playonline system, so they had to come up with a convoluted linkage between the two, so that the existing playonline games (really just game at this point) would continue to work properly. The game was never supposed to last as long as it has lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-13-2020 at 09:23 AM.