Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Perhaps because it's not really mobile-only as originally announced? -.^
    Maybe, that would be great. Regardless, with how FFXI has pretty much been abandoned......I would not be shocked if they were in development and thought it would benefit more as a HD XI remake instead of a cash grab, half A$$ mobile game.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also, may have already stated this, but the best years of FFXI are ahead if it is indeed sourced to the community. I feel they could do some really neat things with it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    (nevermind)
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Also, may have already stated this, but the best years of FFXI are ahead if it is indeed sourced to the community. I feel they could do some really neat things with it.
    You really don't understand or bothered to read my OP. "They could some really neat things"? Really? .....It costs time/money/resources to keep the game running AND introduce new (recycled?) content. As a comparison, remember the original NES from 1985? ....They stopped making games for that and it's end-of-life ....but people (indi-devs) still produce games for that console from 35 years ago!).

This is inevitable and SE should let us know what's going to happen to FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    You really don't understand or bothered to read my OP. "They could some really neat things"? Really? .....It costs time/money/resources to keep the game running AND introduce new (recycled?) content. As a comparison, remember the original NES from 1985? ....They stopped making games for that and it's end-of-life ....but people (indi-devs) still produce games for that console from 35 years ago!).

This is inevitable and SE should let us know what's going to happen to FFXI.
    Relax, you take this online stuff way too seriously my man.

I supported many projects run by independent developers or a community of former players such as Ship of Heroes and City of Titans. City of Heroes was a title shutdown in 2012. In 2019, a server which is run by the community has been opened. Since then, the game has improved and the population numbers soared, while adding new powers. I believe CoX servers cost nearly $3,000 per month to run.

Like I said though, City of Heroes vs FF is a huge disparity in IP value; meaning I am not so sure they will let their IP go to the public so easily. I thought you were referring to the community running the game. Nintendo is also pretty protective of its' Pokemon IP, but they still allow the community to create fan-made games from the Game Boy Color or Advance.

As for old games, yeah...I am part non-profit rom-hack communities, where the goal is to archive or preserve old gems by keeping them up to date. Adding little things here and there. I am by no means some hot shot dev, but I am familiar with the emulation of older stuff. Old Pokemon titles from the late 90s and early 2000s are things I am familiar with. Adding sprites, making new maps, etc, small things like that.

Even though the GB Color is obsolete, the community still utilizes titles from that system. They even release new fan-made games.
    (1)

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Relax, you take this online stuff way too seriously my man.

I supported many projects run by independent developers or a community of former players such as Ship of Heroes and City of Titans. City of Heroes was a title shutdown in 2012. In 2019, a server which is run by the community has been opened. Since then, the game has improved and the population numbers soared, while adding new powers. I believe CoX servers cost nearly $3,000 per month to run.
    Let's not pretend the ones that released it were saints. There was PLENTY of drama that blew up into the guys who had a copy of the source code releasing it early. I'm not 100% sure of the details but it boiled down to there being a private CoH server that was up and running for years, a youtube guy found out and gathered an internet mob to bug them about it until the guys who were working on the private server just released it saying "it's not completely bug free, you guys deal with it then."
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nintendo is also pretty protective of its' Pokemon IP, but they still allow the community to create fan-made games from the Game Boy Color or Advance.
    Point of clarity here, Nintendo doesn't actually own pokemon. Game Freak / The Pokemon Company are sort of between 2nd and 3rd party. Pokemon Go in particular had zero involvement from Nintendo, since it wasn't on their platform.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolodex View Post
    Let's not pretend the ones that released it were saints. There was PLENTY of drama that blew up into the guys who had a copy of the source code releasing it early. I'm not 100% sure of the details but it boiled down to there being a private CoH server that was up and running for years, a youtube guy found out and gathered an internet mob to bug them about it until the guys who were working on the private server just released it saying "it's not completely bug free, you guys deal with it then."
    No argument here, but the game has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Point of clarity here, Nintendo doesn't actually own pokemon. Game Freak / The Pokemon Company are sort of between 2nd and 3rd party. Pokemon Go in particular had zero involvement from Nintendo, since it wasn't on their platform.
    It is more complicated than that. If N gives them the go, its a go. Example, Horizon Zero Dawn, that Sony published title?
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...plete_Edition/
    Hmmmmm.......We live in a world were Sonic, Ryu, and FF characters fight in Nintendo titles. If there is an agreement that "Whatever...." is ok, then it is ok.....
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I digress though, this is going off the rails.
    (0)

Player
    The game is actively being updated, they have staff updating the game. Questions like this should happen when that is no longer the case.

Also the mobile game is 100% going to be just a mobile game, this is because the rights were sold to Nexon and it is not a Square Enix game at all. If the mobile game came out on PC it would directly impact the income for FFXI, which would be counter productive.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3