World: Carbuncle

Main Job: level 99 THF, mastered JP

Support Job: 49 DNC

Area and Coordinates: Near Oboro in Port Jeuno, E-6

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: Oboro

Monster Name: None

Steps:
    To date I have completed the process to get 3 weapons to item level 119 and afterglow (via trading 10,000 of a particular stone such as plutons). These weapons are: Masamune, Kikoku, and Kannagi. When I talk to Oboro on my mastered THF, I do not get the option to start the process to be able to augment the weapons (via trading JP or masks in Dynamis Divergence). Instead I get the following text from Oboro whenever initiating a conversation for the first time since zoning: "I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed working with the piece you had the sense to give me...". After receiving this message, the NPC defaults to the standard options of presenting the various i119 JSE weapons. Since this issue, I have spoken to Oboro with all three weapons equipped and have traded all three weapons with no response.

EDIT: Thank you Alhanelem. I have tried this, several of my linkshell members suggested talking to Oboro multiple times. I attempted to speak to him 5 times and after the first time when he gave the message, he defaulted to the standard option to learn more about the JSE weapons. Also, I don't seem to have the ability to post in the thread currently so I am editing this response.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neatolzy; 05-05-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know this probably wont help but:

Did you try speaking to him more than once (in the same visit to the area)? Many NPCs, including Oboro, handle multiple things and in some cases you have to talk to them multiple times before they'll get to the thing you actually want to do.
    (2)