Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    While I'm never a fan of censorship, and wish the previous post still existed so that it could be discussed openly, I can't agree with most of the conclusions drawn here, I personally believe that a large portion of things that violate the ToS aren't actually detrimental to the game and it's players overall as a whole, in fact quite the opposite, though of course some things certainly are detrimental, painting them all with the same brush seems very off base. While I wish we could discuss openly what might and not be good things to target to affect change, I don't want to speak in specifics for obvious reasons, just wanted to throw in my vague two cents here, for what it's worth.
    Part of the reason I feel like this isn't as bad as it's made out to be (DOESNT MEAN IT SHOULDN"T BE ADDRESSED, just means the impact could have been a lot worse if this was going on more in a different time) is just because we do so much stuff in the game either solo or just with known friends these days (especially outside of Asura, where what community remains is much more close knit and mainly consists of circles of friends who had been on the same server forever). There is less dependence on random people- gil is fairly easily obtained without even dealing on the AH these days. Because of this I know all or most of my gil is completely legitimate because the vast majority of it was earned from my own actions and not from trade or any other external source, and I know quite a few people in the same boat, we only buy from the AH what we really need to, and the stuff we do buy isn't typically the stuff most likely to be contaiminated. Also not being on Asura helps a lot (Sorry, Asura, but it's true) here as the RMT tend to stick to where the most people are. of the most recent incidents of duping/cheating, nearly all of it was confined to Asura.

That being said, of course I want everyone to have a great experience, so a close look really needs to be taken at this for everyone's sake.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Meanwhile, at least somewhat related to the discussion at hand here, Special_Task_Force has posted an update in 不正行為に関するSTFからのご報告スレッド.

It also links to a reply by Yoji_Fujito regarding the recent crafting exploit.

Nothing really out of the usual, mainly stating that they are aware, have already acted on some of it, but still have more investigation to do, and that things are a bit slower than usual due to the COVID-19 business.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Meanwhile, at least somewhat related to the discussion at hand here, Special_Task_Force has posted an update in 不正行為に関するSTFからのご報告スレッド.

It also links to a reply by Yoji_Fujito regarding the recent crafting exploit.

Nothing really out of the usual, mainly stating that they are aware, have already acted on some of it, but still have more investigation to do, and that things are a bit slower than usual due to the COVID-19 business.
    which altogether too many people feel the need to exploit rather than help. Scalpers selling game consoles at 200% MSRP, RMT in FFXI, fake/crappy products, doing stupid things, etc. It's not just here, it's everywhere ppl are doing this crap.

Edit: cleaned up language, sorry.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-05-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3