Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[Nvidia RTX] Ray tracing for FFXI ?

Hi,

Everything is in the title, when I see old games, or Minecraft on Ray tracing (With Nvidia RTX cards)
    I can't imagine how FFXI could look like with Ray tracing technologic

Any chance FFXI could get Ray tracing technologie?

Thanks
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    zero percent- the game doesn't really support any modern graphics card features, to say nothing about something new like raytracing. Also to hell with manfuacturer specific graphics features. Heck the only feature beyond directX 8 is just running the game in a window....
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-30-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The best they could do is update the Direct X Wrapper the game runs in to support stuff like Shiny water etc. Supporting stuff like Ray Tracing would mean redoing the Engine from the ground up, so it's highly unlikely
    (0)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's nice to wonder if we could get these features but I actually wonder if FFXI's "mobile" game will end up replacing the old game whenever they finally finish making it considering it would have a newer engine (UE4), most likely be close or exactly be like the old game in nearly all respect's and allow them to develop the game further as they could easily make it work on PC as well as mobile and support the newest features.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    It's nice to wonder if we could get these features but I actually wonder if FFXI's "mobile" game will end up replacing the old game whenever they finally finish making it considering it would have a newer engine (UE4), most likely be close or exactly be like the old game in nearly all respect's and allow them to develop the game further as they could easily make it work on PC as well as mobile and support the newest features.
    Don't speak about mobile game .><

I don't gatcha and having to buy X stone to have +20 armor or gear.
    (1)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post

I don't think they'll go that route with a mainline FF title expecially if it's primary plan were to replace the ageing PC/PS2 version. I'd expect it from an original IP or a spinoff title NOT a mainline one. Would more likely it'll be run like PSO2 or FFXIV with optional vanity items.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Probably would do it through this method, if they did it...o.o!

Most likely if they were to incorporate it, It probably end up being through a use of a Capability Tool to incorporate it -via- those using DirectX-12 Ultimate which will make it easier to incorporate all the new technologies in such things as ray tracing, more intense shaders, etc into games for developers but of not just games of course, supposedly this Direct-XII Twelve Ultimate will give the ability to incorporate into older game \ give the ability for developers to incorporate this into thier older games as well but currently in its coding phase looking for coders to work on this to make it work for use, That is if you some-what keep up on whats going on with technology + the futures of technologies its headed and yes, including games.

If I think anything else to write whenever or how long that may be due to not coming to the forums + not as often as I used to, I'll simply either edit it in or contribute it into a new post.
    {edit}: Granted you can even find some of this under NVidia's News + Info. pages or posts gone into the news Media posts as well but not just NVidia and Microsoft though...
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-11-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post

I relatively doubt it will be a pay to win gacha game.
    (0)

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Though I also doubt it'll be a P2W Gacha game, I've never found a mobile MMO I cared for.

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Most likely if they were to incorporate it, It probably end up being through a use of a Capability Tool to incorporate it -via- those using DirectX-12 Ultimate which will make it easier to incorporate all the new technologies in such things as ray tracing, more intense shaders, etc into games for developers but of not just games of course, supposedly this Direct-XII Twelve Ultimate will give the ability to incorporate into older game \ give the ability for developers to incorporate this into thier older games as well but currently in its coding phase looking for coders to work on this to make it work for use, That is if you some-what keep up on whats going on with technology + the futures of technologies its headed and yes, including games.

If I think anything else to write whenever or how long that may be due to not coming to the forums + not as often as I used to, I'll simply either edit it in or contribute it into a new post.
    {edit}: Granted you can even find some of this under NVidia's News + Info. pages or posts gone into the news Media posts as well but not just NVidia and Microsoft though...
    Talk about being quite the tease! Getting people weak in the knees only to tell them to go fetch.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I relatively doubt it will be a pay to win gacha game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    I don't think they'll go that route with a mainline FF title expecially if it's primary plan were to replace the ageing PC/PS2 version. I'd expect it from an original IP or a spinoff title NOT a mainline one. Would more likely it'll be run like PSO2 or FFXIV with optional vanity items.
    You are way too optimistic.
    All mobile games are gatcha.
    If you don't count classic FF and DQ games brought to mobile, all SE games like all other games on mobile are GATCHA.
    Last exemple is the Final Fantasy Tactis like game. Other exemples are Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile .....
    Unless like console games, you pay the games then you pay monthly fee, it will be gatcha games. Tons of crystal to buy, endurance limited to do various thing, summoning cards, on a moble FF11 it will be summoning alter ego card from 1 to 5 stars.
    So Hell no thanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoniks; 05-18-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast