Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    You are way too optimistic.
    All mobile games are gatcha.
    If you don't count classic FF and DQ games brought to mobile, all SE games like all other games on mobile are GATCHA.
    Last exemple is the Final Fantasy Tactis like game. Other exemples are Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile .....
    Unless like console games, you pay the games then you pay monthly fee, it will be gatcha games. Tons of crystal to buy, endurance limited to do various thing, summoning cards, on a moble FF11 it will be summoning alter ego card from 1 to 5 stars.
    So Hell no thanks.
    Many (not all, especially non-free ones) mobile games are gacha games, but even if they are that doesn't mean you have to spend money to win- The games of this sort I play the most are generally generous enough with the free currency / free spins / whatever that I don't feel compelled to do so and I only ever do so if I think the makers of the game are already deserving of any of my money without having to do so. Other games charge for conveniences instead of directly giving you power.

For the record, "energy" was originally put into these games specifically to keep people from playing for too long in one session (not just as another revenue stream, but that's what it ended up becoming) and thus putting themselves or others in harms way by being too distracted by or addicted to their devices. (Then the mobile gaming gods said "let there be paid energy" and there was paid energy)

But I think SE and Nexon both know, if they want people who play this game to play that game, a gacha game isn't going to go over well. Most of FFXI's players have been around since the infancy of the internet and are much less accepting in general of these kind of mechanics.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    zero percent- the game doesn't really support any modern graphics card features, to say nothing about something new like raytracing. Also to hell with manfuacturer specific graphics features. Heck the only feature beyond directX 8 is just running the game in a window....

weird... didn't I saw that old DOS-game Quake running with ray-tracing some time ago... :?

if they can do old DOS game RTX stuff, why can't FFXI?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    weird... didn't I saw that old DOS-game Quake running with ray-tracing some time ago... :?

if they can do old DOS game RTX stuff, why can't FFXI?
    Ah, the old, if someone else can do it why can't you argument.

The original quake has been ported and rewritten etc a bunch of times. It's not going to work on the actual DOS version which can't use modern graphics cards at all. The WinQuake port, possibly if it's still being updated, but again, just because something works for one game doesn't mean it will work for another (without likely extensive modification that they aren't willing or don't have the time to do).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2