(1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't care the slightest bit about FF7, much less the remake. Sorry. :P

I'm also not excited to play an unfinished game. Maybe when the whole thing is released on PC later on, I'll consider it.
    (1)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am watching people play it, looks good. Glad those sub funds from FFXI players are going to good use.....

Looks like a great game. The PS4 only kills it for me. I would rather play on PC due to the convenience. It looks good though, I understand the excitement.

My personal favorite FF games were X-2 & XIII-2 because you you play as the monsters, putting them in your party.

Favorite character is Barret from VII. May be late to the party; lets see if it hits PC later. I could get it for the PS4, but I always regret doing that when it comes out for PC. I like having everything for one machine if I can help it.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Final Fantasy VII is definitely one of my favourite games, has some of my favourite music that I still listen to these days, and is something I enjoy playing today.

I'm not interested in playing the new one. I don't even have the console for it; maybe some time in the future, if it's released for Windows and works via Wine (or if they release a Linux build, ha, then I might support it just for the heck of it), but I am interested in watching other people play it.

I saw some people play through the demo, and it looks pretty much what is to be expected from game engines these days. Personally, I seem to prefer the "retro" kind, or just simple graphics in general. Growing up with a Commodore 64 might have something to do with that.

Some of the music was changed in weird ways, which I don't agree with at all (boss theme for example).

They also seem to have changed things in the plot, too, which I'm not sure I agree with, but hey, it's a remake after all. Maybe they'll even change what happens with Aeris (I know no Aerith)! Actually, it might be better if they changed the whole game. It's already so different, and since it can't be as good as the original (opinions!), perhaps it should stand as its own thing... which it of course will do regardless, I maybe guess.

I hope some of the funds its sales bring in help Final Fantasy XI back! :]
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I may, BIG might, buy it & RE 3 since my subscription to XI expired today, and I did not renew. I am going to get caught up on some other games I was playing before jumping back into XI last summer. I will probably jump back into XI during a Return to Home campaign & EXP plus to level some jobs and monsters.

RE is for PC too, but VII is not. My thing is, rushing out and buying titles for it to appear on Steam sometime later at a huge discount price makes me cringe lol. So I usually wait. These past years have been remake heavy. Word is Capcom is working on more remakes; hoping one is Dino Crisis. Wonder if SE will consider remaking another FF?

XI remake lol? My guess is VIII or VI next. I suspect they will not leave out X if they were following Capcom's lead of remaking a franchise. They did VII first imo, because people consider it iconic.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    I am watching people play it, looks good. Glad those sub funds from FFXI players are going to good use.....
    I really wish people would stop saying stupid stuff like this. FF7 remake is so laughably expensive that the income from FFXI wouldn't even register on the budget even if FFXI's income was explicitly earmarked for the FF7R project. This isn't how budgeting works anyway. Income from all sources goes into a pool, whether it's FFXI, FFXIV, or any other project. Every time people say this, its an implication that they're diverting money away from the project that could have made XYZ thing happen in the game. Do you think every dollar FFXIV makes goes into FFXIV development? hell no, of course it doesn't. This is also true of every other successful project in the company.

And this is aside from the fact that even if every penny of FFXI's income was directly paid into FFXI's operating budget (which would mean zero profit, technically) there are still substantial limitations on what they can and can not do due to technical reasons. (And it's also aside the fact that they've announced new story stuff for FFXI, so something is being spent on it, and not just electricity for the servers)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-11-2020 at 10:59 AM.