Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Petition to shorten time lock quest for GEO / RUN Relics.

I can't believe this hasn't been changed. It takes 6 months for a player to get legendary rank in all coalitions! Why hasn't this been changed. This highly discourages many new and returning players who start fresh accounts to avoid such amazing jobs. My husband who recently started in this game as a new player was completely shocked that his GEO weapon is locked behind a 6 month time lock, and is now considering another job because this time lock. Maybe with enough signatures it could be changed in a patch.

----Signed---
    (7)

Player
    I've done this and it's not that bad, you just do a few quests every day.

New players can't do the other requirements in under 6 months anyway.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The thing is, a resourceful player can complete RME weapons in far less time- the minimum time to complete a relic assuming infinite money is a matter of weeks, not months.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No thanks. There are many other things to work on as a new player while you go along the path of GEO / RUN Idris etc.
    This is a MMO, not a place for instant gratification.
    (4)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    No thanks. There are many other things to work on as a new player while you go along the path of GEO / RUN Idris etc.
    It's not about instant gratificaiton and entitlement, it's about balance. We have weapons of comparable tiers that take significantly different time investments. Similar quality things should generally take similar amounts of effort.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    We have weapons of comparable tiers that take significantly different time investments.
    Such as???
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    I would prefer things to stay the same. Reason being because I just personally like the way it is. Just throwing my vote out there in the event this gets looked at.
    (0)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For a player that start at a Geo (i Came back 2 years ago playing my first 99 to Geomancer), the wait time was killing me as often players ask for a REMA DD / Idris Geo, except for CP pty..., i didn't stayed up 6 month into game because, i get bored, i often make a break for 1 month or two, it would take me then 1 years of waiting.

While... in the meantime, lucky players can get it in 1 day thanks to Bonanza...

Any others REMA weapon can be done in a month or less, just Idris and the RUN one is having hard time on it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Such as???
    Such as the ones named in the OP? I mean, what rock are you living under? You're right there, ready to proclaim people demanding instant gratification and you don't even know what they're talking about?

Let's compare the RUN/GEO weapons to relic weapons.
    The audolin job weaopns have a built-in ~6 month minimum time (for return of imprimaturs to level up in each coalition) After this, it's more dependent on how much gil you have or how long it takes you to gather items and stuff- which of course you can do while you're doing the other stuff, but that's also true of the other weapon types.

The relic weapon lines used to have a built-in minimum wait of a week+ a few days to turn in the various stages of the base weapon. It has since been reduced to one day + 2 hours + 1 hour. You then have to do a bunch of magian trials, but you can complete these as fast as you can kill stuff. Maybe a few more days there depending on how long you can game nonstop. Everything else can be done as fast as you can collect or buy the items. (I spent the better part of 10 years on my relic staff, but that was because I couldn't get currency from my dynamis group and it was in short supply outside o f dynamis groups, and then I sat on it for a while not working on it)

The mythic weapons are more time consuming than relics, but it is less about hard wait times and more about how long it takes to do all the things involved. Completion of Rhapsodies also makes it faster (for assault completion).

If the relic weapons could have their minimum wait times reduced, when they were already shorter than that of the audolin weapons, I see no reason we shouldn't adjust the minimum time requirements for their construction. The only reason I can imagine this hasn't happened is because doing something like changing the imprimatur time affects people who aren't doing the weapons as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-06-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Player
    I understand people say REMA and like to talk about them all as equals, but they are not. There is a substantial difference between any relic weapon and an ergon Weapon. I would say ergon weapons are on there own.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast