Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Such as the ones named in the OP? I mean, what rock are you living under? You're right there, ready to proclaim people demanding instant gratification and you don't even know what they're talking about?
    No, it has gone way over your head.

Let's compare the RUN/GEO weapons to relic weapons.
    The question is what relic weapon is comparable to an Idris?

My point is the same as Lockhart's:

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    I understand people say REMA and like to talk about them all as equals, but they are not. There is a substantial difference between any relic weapon and an ergon Weapon. I would say ergon weapons are on there own.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 04-07-2020 at 01:06 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Out of comparison, Idris is mandatory (not from the game itself but from people that want a geo in their group) to find a group for high content.
    The power behind this weapon is well know.
    But as REMA their power are powerfull still in comparison of general weapons, and yet, it take less longer to achieve.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    No, it has gone way over your head.

The question is what relic weapon is comparable to an Idris?

My point is the same as Lockhart's:
    The question is we're not talking about stats, we're talking about all of the big time investment weapons, and I don't really know that the two audolin weapons are that far and above any of the RMEA weapons. While I personally follow a different path for SMN, most SMNs would describe nirvana to be as essential to their job as Idris, same with the BRD instruments and PLD shields especially.

How much more powerful idris is, is kind of irrelevant. One of the RMEAs is basically the best thing for all 22 jobs. I don't think any one job's absolute best thing should take dramatically longer than any other job's absolute best thing.

And if you play GEO, if you you don't have the weapon, nobody really wants you unless they cant find someone who has one. So we're basically talking a minimum 6 months of not playing the job you want to play because everyone requires you to have an item that takes that long to get. How is that fair and balanced vs all other jobs can be ready for primetime in far less time?

And as previously noted, the non-ergons have had many time investment reductions in recent years. Part of the problem with the ergons is even if they want to nerf the time required, how are they going to do it without a total revamp? It depends on systems they can't simply change without upsetting the balance for other things as well. The only way I can think of would be instead of "max out all coalitions" make it "get them some part of the way." It sounds dumb but I don't know what else they'd do lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It is annoying for those who do not have legend rank in all Coalitions that have to wait 6 months for that. The shovel Cordons only shave off 30-90 minutes off the recharge rate of imprimaturs which isn't enough.

this came in 2015 november
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since we just adjusted the amount of Bayld players can obtain, we have no plans to increase the rate at which Imprimaturs are refreshed.
    Really disappointed in this response above.

then in april 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We're still looking into making adjustments to make it easier to increase Coalition ranks. However, we are planning to make this completely separate from the bonuses gained through Rhapsodies key items. I'll make a follow-up again once there is more information from the development team.
    I would of hoped for changes along those lines for those who want need to get legend rank in all coalitions , however it's far too late now as they most likely abandoned such ideas years ago. It really is unfortunate
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    These weapons aren't needed to clear content. You do realize this is an mmo right?
    (3)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And if you play GEO, if you you don't have the weapon, nobody really wants you unless they cant find someone who has one. So we're basically talking a minimum 6 months of not playing the job you want to play because everyone requires you to have an item that takes that long to get. How is that fair and balanced vs all other jobs can be ready for primetime in far less time?
    Elite pick-up groups, maybe so. However, you yourself repeatedly stress that getting to know people and joining Linkshells is the way to go, so it shouldn't really be a problem, as generally there isn't the pressure on you to perform as well as opposed to PUG's requesting the best of the best.

There are many other things to work on, while you work towards an Idris. It is one of the best end game items out there.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Elite pick-up groups, maybe so. However, you yourself repeatedly stress that getting to know people and joining Linkshells is the way to go, so it shouldn't really be a problem, as generally there isn't the pressure on you to perform as well as opposed to PUG's requesting the best of the best.

There are many other things to work on, while you work towards an Idris. It is one of the best end game items out there.
    In the case of GEO, it's almost the only end game item out there. Yes, I'm well aware I can do other things at the same time. It is still disporportionately difficult (well, more accurately, disporportionately time consuming) for GEO to fully gear vs other jobs.

I mean have you been taking lessons from me of the past or something, just disagreeing with stuff for the apparent sake of doing so?

The only argument against this that's in any way valid is it would make previous owners of an idris resentful that they had to spend more time on it. That's literally the only downside of adjustments. And while I've been down that road myself a few times, I really doubt in this case that many would mind. And again, every other endgame weapon line has had its required time investment nerfed over the years- originally relics took probably longer even in the best of cases. And Mythics? lolPandemonium Warden being needed to complete all the trials. It's not hard now, but back then?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-08-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The irony is mmo are now trending towards instant gratification lol...
    So the OP is justified in inquiring.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    That may well be the case for modern MMO's with vast numbers of people in them. Instant gratification normally results in boredom, and more chances of people quitting once they hit the 'I beat the game' thing.

It wouldn't work in FFXI. FFXI has never been that type of game, which is what sets it apart from the rest.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    Again, no one is proposing anything like that. There's a huge difference between "balance the time investment" and "instant gratification."
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast