Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Job point sellers need to be addressed

Right now on Asura, job point sellers are so rampant that they are impacting the ability for players who don't want to buy them from getting them due to bots operating 24/7 and camps being a limited resource.

I would ask that a developer or at least a community GM staff goto Asura and check Dho gates to see how rampant this is, 3 players perma killing with parties of afk players just behind them. Shouts constantly selling 500 JP for 10 million gil.

I get that the developers don't want to stop people doing this as they want the world to exist with as little intervention as possible, but something really needs to be done because the game is devolving into abyssea worm camps again with armies of afk people getting job points. It's destroying the content the developers are banking on to keep people around and also making it harder for players to do it without resorting to buying.

Some suggestions that I think the developers might accept:

Offer an ROE objective that changes daily to clear content or kill a set number of higher level monsters to get 2-3 job points per day.

Boost the effectiveness of Trizek rings to give larger increases.

Boost how much CP monsters like Aerns in Escha and monsters in Reisen give compared to Apex so that it is an acceptable alternative outside of botters.

Right now job points are so hard to get for "normal players" and so easy to get for "elite players" that the first group are giving up and just buying them cheaply from the 2nd group for low prices that can practically solo them with a geo alt using bots.

The first group need to see a way to get job points themselves so as to not be disheartened and give up, people buying job points in the numbers they are right now is a failure of the developers to address the acquisition rate of getting them and impacting normal players getting them normally too.
    (4)

Character
    Divaud
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Any change in the rate is only going to exacerbate the issue because it will benefit these botters as well.

The only thing we can advocate for is policing of multi-boxing, but i'm not sure that is realistic, or even against the ToS (not saying it should or shouldn't be I just don't know)

The other option is to leave Asura, because with enough population there will always be this kind of demand regardless of how well it is policed.
    (3)

Player
    The botters don't care anyway, they sell 500 job points for 10 million. Which is nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    One good function would be to limit capacity points by how much time you've had interaction to help kill the targets.
    I.E. you're afk and do nothing, you get no capacity points. You cast one spell that does under 5% total damage dealt and that's it, then you get under 5% total CP on that kill, etc...
    This also negates the NEED to pay mercs under TOS, since you helped to remove the kill target IN ANY WAY, then no need to pay.
    (Same rule about lotting on a treasure drop that you helped kill and the leader says you cannot lot, but legally you can; it's called trust and learning whom to trust - lessons learned)
    Mercs would not be legally able to charge for farming CP/JP (sadly what players do in betwixt as "donations" is a loophole).
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not saying that these should be implemented, but I'm going to focus on the way things have been dealt with in the past (such as fishing).

1. Cap the amount of job points you can get in one day.
    Let's be honest, no non-botting player(s) will grind out 500JP in one session (as constantly advertised in /yell). Although, I guess there are a few hardcore peeps out there.

2. Remember the whole thing about staying in the same place for x,y amount of time has an effect on drops/fishing? (never proven as far as I'm aware).
    If said group/person hits a set JP limit, then they can't earn anymore, unless they zone and come back.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 03-20-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Add new form of exp that can only be earned by doing x content. Like dynamis, ambu, odessey, limbus, high tier battlefield, some RoE's.

Basically add in something that a person cant just stand in one spot and do over and over and it has some kind of cooldown to re enter.
    (4)
    Last edited by Venat; 03-21-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    In the Development Team Q&A I and others have promoted the proposal of expanding both the locations and variety of enemy types for Apex enemies. I am personally hoping for a minimum of 20 new locations and a minimum of 10 new Apex enemy types. If need be a whole new set of transporters could be placed into the game to allow players to access numerous freshly created area additions. Maps could be created and populated with Apex enemies or if there's room on an existing map, SE could make a significant addition of playable area then populate that space for those seeking Job Points.
    (1)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    In the Development Team Q&A I and others have promoted the proposal of expanding both the locations and variety of enemy types for Apex enemies. I am personally hoping for a minimum of 20 new locations and a minimum of 10 new Apex enemy types. If need be a whole new set of transporters could be placed into the game to allow players to access numerous freshly created area additions. Maps could be created and populated with Apex enemies or if there's room on an existing map, SE could make a significant addition of playable area then populate that space for those seeking Job Points.
    Adding new apex enemy types isn't going to change it. Biggest issue in this game is your fighting the same thing from level 1 to level 119. Bats, crabs, worms etc. People will still flock to the weakest thing to kill for exp. Adding more bats, crabs, worms in other places in the game is the best and cheapest option. Its either that or start deleting all the apex bats,crabs,worms,toads or start randomizing their spawns to be any apex mob. Just like having a undead enemies just spawn in when it becomes night time. The key is to make it so any camp could be the best option but not for too long. This could even highly combat 3rd party tool exp farming. A hard enemy could spawn in its place where the program only option is to engage it or not and just stand there since its only programed to target Apex Bats etc.

Also remove Cap. point/exp chain campaigns. As it flocks these areas with players all at once trying to take advantage of a once in a few months perk. Just increase the overall cap. points from this point forward.
    (3)
    Last edited by Venat; 03-21-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Player
    Adding new enemies and camps would address it actually, one of the problems is a) the bots now take the best camps permanently and b) some of the monsters suck and have way too much hp and evasion.

All they would need to do is add Apex Flans for manaburn parties, add Apex Collibri, Apex Imps etc with lower HP so people can actually go and get XP alone or in small groups and feel like they are making progress. Right now people just give up and buy the job points from the cheap bots. The issue is camps are all taken permanently, the mobs are too hard to kill for newer players and too easy to kill for elite players. Apex were designed to be killed by groups making skillchains, this is no longer relevant because barely anyone makes groups now because it's so cheap to just buy from bots and killing them solo is a pita.

A new player takes about 10-15 minutes to kill an Apex monster, a fully geared player can kill that same monster in about <10 seconds when botted with a geo alt. This is why they can sell job points for 10 million for 500.

I and many others can make 10 million in a day, even new players can make that in a week farming dynamis and selling sparks. I can't get 500 job points in a week and I'm pretty well geared, and most new players can't get that much in a month by playing.

The main problem is people are destroying the game for themselves and shortening the time before they stop playing, the whole point of an mmo is the climb the mountain. Not pay for a helicopter to fly you to the peak. Once you have all your job points, have all your gear you have no reason to login anymore.
    (2)

Player
    It was less of an issue when buying job points was expensive, now they bot 24/7 so can sell really cheaply. So now nearly everyone is just buying them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast