Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75

Matsui Stated They Can Add New Jugs

Matsui: We could remove the level cap for the beastmaster pets, but think we can add new jugs as well. By doing that we can add more features as well. So if you have any specific jugs you'd like to see, please let us know. You could also suggest higher-tier version of existing pets as well.

I think that is awesome of them to consider suggestions.

So, why not make a thread about it, discussing pets we want to see?

Higher-tier version of existing pets

AQUAN
    Porter Crab

Mega Scissors & Venom Shower added to the current crab moves

BEAST
    Collared Lynx

Frenzied Rage, Pounce & Preternatural Gleam added to the current Lynx moves

Legendary Tiger

Crossthrash & Predatory Glare added to the current tiger moves

LIZARD
    Ferromantoise

Testudo Tremor & Tortoise Song added to Adamantoise current moves

VERMIN
    Gambodge Beetle

I did 1k Rhinowrecker to a IT in Monstrosity, and their moves appear to be weaker than Jugs...

BIRD
    Hippo

Hoof Volley & Nihility Song added to Hippo's current moves

PLANTOID
    Sabotender

??? Needles added to Sabotender current moves

New Pets

PLANTOID
    Malboro

BEAST
    Legendary Manticore

LIZARD
    Wivre

VERMIN
    Mantid

AQUAN
    Craklaw

AMORPH
    Slime

BIRD
    Gagana

(4)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would love to see every one of these from ilvl 119-125 with 5/5 Beast Affinity. (Or some other method to vary from 119-125)
    (3)

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So I'd like to start out by saying I think that having a Jug pet stack that comes from REMA (119 AG) weapons would be really cool (Like the ammo from RNG/COR weapons), and something that is linked specifically to that REMA's flavor or Era.
    For instance:

Guttler is the "Slaughter" Axe <From the "Zilart" Era>: A "Legendary Tiger type pet" spawns at iLvl122 and can increase to i125 (Through gear/merits). With (New) Specific TP moves that can SC with "Onslaught." Stats and damage are enhanced from normal Jug pet. (Pet is still normal sized like any other jug pet with special colors). Job: WAR DMGType: Slashing <<REMA pets have access to more traits than normal pets>>

Farsha is the "Splitting" Axe <From the "Abyssea" Era>: WhenBST: A "Legendary Admantoise type pet" spawns at iLvl122 and can increase to i125(gear/merits). With a (New) Specific TP move that can SC with "Cloudsplitter." And a TP move that reduces dmg taken by 50% (Dmg cap is still 87% for pets). Stats and damage are enhanced from normal Jug pet. (mini size special color). Job: PLD DMGType: Blunt <<REMA pets have access to more traits than normal pets>> (Is basically a special "Tank" pet for BST.)

Aymur is the "Rending" Axe <From the "Aht Urgan" Era>: A "Legendary Colibri type pet" spawns at iLvl122 and can increase to i125(gear/merits). With (New) Specific TP moves that can SC with "Primal Rend." Stats and damage are enhanced from normal Jug pet. (normal size special color). Job: THF DMGType: Piercing <<REMA pets have access to more traits than normal pets>> (Retains normal Colibri "Cast back" when magic is cast on it)

Tri-Edge is the "Ruin" Axe <From the "Rhapsodies" Era>: A "Legendary Empty Elemental type pet" spawns at iLvl122 and can increase to i125(gear/merits). With (New) Specific TP moves that can MB with SC's from "Radiance and Umbra (Light/Dark)". Stats and damage are enhanced from normal Jug pet. (normal size special type). Job: BLM DMGType: Elemental<<REMA pets have access to more traits than normal pets>> (This pet is like the Hecteyes pet that BSTs have asked for over the years, it is primarily a spell caster meaning it will cast magic normally and the TP moves are higher dmg than its primary casting, AI should allow for the pet to cast magic that the target is weak against like PUP).

As far as the other jug pets go. It'd be really cool to have more Jug pets with a higher level cap possibly from i120 - i123 and If we don't get the option to have REMA jug pets, then make all of the iLvls 125. With special "costumes" and new "abilities".
    Anyways Thanks for reading and hope to see some changes come to BST to make it more viable in group setups! =D
    (7)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    I always liked the idea of legendary/epic pets. Giving dedicated BST something for their effort. I always pictured something like Arciela, when she summons the Naakuals for a brief moment in Sinister Reign, then they disappear. I mentioned this before, but basically......the BST has 2 pets out for a brief time. Spike damage (Call Beast II). One you can control, the other is simply AI.

Beast Affinity

Affinity is defined as a relationship, or kinship. I guess the meaning behind this refers to your relationship with your pets. So, the merits increases their level.

This was ok I guess........, back when BST was the designated solo job. However, they admittedly forced BST into group play. So, since our job is DDing instead of soloing...This merit is useless.....

This merit could fly back in the day. BST was not held to group dd standards, but how quickly you can chain mobs. Also, outlasting the mob.

I would change it to your relationship with creatures in general. Granting BST the ability to summon epic pets, which are otherwise bosses, not tamable nor available for jug pets. However, your affinity with the natural world allows the BST to call on these pets as allies for a brief moment. With merits increasing the time they stay out.

I guess this is simply me trying to find some use for BST affinity. That merit is awful; and has been asked to be removed for years. It is about that time imo.....

I suppose if you want some REMA exclusivity.....

Non-REMA BST get the Jueno HNM: Roc, Malboro, and the Scorpion

Relic: Legendary Wyvern, Roc, Tiger, Adamantoise, & Manticore.

Mythic: Cerberus, Hydra, Khimaira (Fulmination still hurts at 119 fighting 99 mobs.....)

Emp: Abyssea versions of.......Sandworm, Wamoura, Pieste, Ruszor, Orobon, Roc, Diremite, Uragnite

Aeonic: Bztavian, Rockfin, Gabbrath, Yggdreant, Waktza, & Cehuetzi

Equipping a Relic, Mythic, Emp, or Aeonic add these creatures to your Beast Affinity list
    Removing the specific weapon removes them....

They perform a special move upon appearing, and they can close or open skillchains.
    Their buff abilities buff the master
    Merits increase the time they stay out. Zero merits....They perform one special move, then use normal attacks before de-spawning after about 10 seconds. Max merits, they perform a maximum or two special abilities. One immediately after appearing, and another before de-spawning.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    I always liked the idea of legendary/epic pets. Giving dedicated BST something for their effort. I always pictured something like Arciela, when she summons the Naakuals for a brief moment in Sinister Reign, then they disappear. I mentioned this before, but basically......the BST has 2 pets out for a brief time. Spike damage (Call Beast II). One you can control, the other is simply AI.

Beast Affinity

Affinity is defined as a relationship, or kinship. I guess the meaning behind this refers to your relationship with your pets. So, the merits increases their level.

This was ok I guess........, back when BST was the designated solo job. However, they admittedly forced BST into group play. So, since our job is DDing instead of soloing...This merit is useless.....

This merit could fly back in the day. BST was not held to group dd standards, but how quickly you can chain mobs. Also, outlasting the mob.

I would change it to your relationship with creatures in general. Granting BST the ability to summon epic pets, which are otherwise bosses, not tamable nor available for jug pets. However, your affinity with the natural world allows the BST to call on these pets as allies for a brief moment. With merits increasing the time they stay out.

I guess this is simply me trying to find some use for BST affinity. That merit is awful; and has been asked to be removed for years. It is about that time imo.....

I suppose if you want some REMA exclusivity.....

Non-REMA BST get the Jueno HNM: Roc, Malboro, and the Scorpion

Relic: Legendary Wyvern, Roc, Tiger, Adamantoise, & Manticore.

Mythic: Cerberus, Hydra, Khimaira (Fulmination still hurts at 119 fighting 99 mobs.....)

Emp: Abyssea versions of.......Sandworm, Wamoura, Pieste, Ruszor, Orobon, Roc, Diremite, Uragnite

Aeonic: Bztavian, Rockfin, Gabbrath, Yggdreant, Waktza, & Cehuetzi

Equipping a Relic, Mythic, Emp, or Aeonic add these creatures to your Beast Affinity list
    Removing the specific weapon removes them....

They perform a special move upon appearing, and they can close or open skillchains.
    Their buff abilities buff the master
    Merits increase the time they stay out. Zero merits....They perform one special move, then use normal attacks before de-spawning after about 10 seconds. Max merits, they perform a maximum or two special abilities. One immediately after appearing, and another before de-spawning.
    I support all of this. BST needs it's development to be fleshed out and finished already.
    (2)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not a pro BST so I'm not sure how much weight my opinion holds, but I'm not a great fan of legendary pets. I like to have lots of options in games, and legendary pets by definition are going to invalidate almost all the non-legendary jugs we already have.

Of course, the REMA weapons should definitely do something legendary for our pets! But maybe they could be made to enhance all our pets in an interesting way? Perhaps just having a REMA equipped would cause jug pets to spawn in one of their alternate colour palettes and...
    • Have certain Ready moves become AoE, or gain a larger AoE, wider cones, longer durations etc
    • Have pets gain moves that aren't usually available (like Dream Flower for mandragora)
    • Expand the shared buff mechanics to include things like both pet and master absorbing HP from Infected Leech
    I dunno, just ideas off the top of my head. Things that would help all our jugs, and maybe give new utility to some of the ones we already have that aren't used much.

Calling legendary mobs for a short time feels a bit too much like SMN to me. I'm not saying this from a "they're taking our jerbs" standpoint, but because I think it's nice to keep playstyles different between jobs where possible.

Maybe do something with Charm - let us have a jug and a charmed pet at once and have the charmed pet ramp up killer effects as well as fight, copying the commands we give our jugs. Let us Tame enemy beastmaster pets in events, making them idle and charmable!

Obviously I also support having more species available as jugs, but I also like some of the less imposing ones. Manticores are cool, but so are panopts! And of course uncap Beast Affinity in the process - so many options arbitrarily denied by the level caps.
    (2)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    You don't have to be a pro to have valued input, nor do you have to agree with anything I said tbh. I feel like this is just a brainstorm section. I actually like Panopots, and think they are low-key cool.....1st time I saw one, the thing popped out of the ground glaring at me with one eye.

These past updates have not really been updates at all. Oddly, other mmo are still churning out meaningful updates, so........

Imo, the I would like it if the next BST update added these pets to Theraisie.......

-Adamantoise
    -Bat Trio
    -Bee
    -Bird
    -Bugard
    -Chigoe
    -Cockatrice
    -Craklaws
    -Crawler
    -Giant Bat
    -Goobbues
    -Gnole
    -Hippo
    -Manticore
    -Mantid
    -Matamatas
    -Morbol
    -Opo-opo
    -Panopts
    -Peiste
    -Rafflesia
    -Roc
    -Ruszor
    -Sabotender
    -Saplings
    -Sandworm
    -Sea Monk
    -Slime
    -Scorpion
    -Twitherym
    -Uragnite
    -Wamouracampa

Medium size monsters can fit in pretty much all areas except Bostaunieux Oubliette; but our jugs are usually scaled down except for that huge Jagil for some reason. The pets I listed are small-Medium size. The majority of the bestiary filled in. This does not take much work. This is re-used assets, and may not even be considered a true update tbh....

I never understood why they released 2 or three jugs, instead of all of them. It seems as if they are holding out jugs, so they can paint the words "Update" on them to hand out to BST as an update. We should have most of the monsters to begin with. Therefore, we will never really need another jug addition update, because we have them all. Now, they can focus on improving BST through other methods instead of "Jugging it in."
    (0)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Well, the next update has a pic of a BST next to those Rala Crabs with Mega Scissors....
    If that Crab does indeed have that move; this could be the 1st actual great BST update in awhile.
    If the crab is just one of a few HQ pets; this could indeed be a great update for BST.
    Kind of had enough of that grasshopper and her poor tracking getting stuck in everything........Hopefully someone overtakes her. AOE is pretty useful though.
    (0)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Well, the new pets are solid.

I like the hippo in particular because hoof volley makes light with mistral axe, and with unleash the combo is insane. Fantod > Mistral Axe > Hoof Volley makes a nasty light. Most likley already known due to how long the pets have been out. Would have liked a scorp, but glad they did not gimp these pets and addressed the missing moves.

Edit: Pounce? Where is Pounce on the collared Lynx? Solid BST update otherwise.
    (1)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 08-23-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    What i want to know is why was bst and pup pets left off af set effect and smn pets gains full af set effect
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast