Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Solidarity for Coronavirus COVID-19

As I'm sure SquareEnix and Final Fantasy XI developers know very well, the World Health Organization declared yesterday that the COVID-19 is a world pandemic.

Hundreds of thousands of people are locked into their homes, quarantined, within the territories of China, Italy, South Korea, with more countries what will surely join in the upcoming weeks.

Given how so many people cannot leave their homes I was thinking: why doesn't SquareEnix think about something, in an attempt to show empathy and solidariety towards the people affected by this world crisis?

For example giving a free month of login, a special campaign, anything goes, I'm sure whatever comes to the devs' minds will be greeted with open arms.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 03-14-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Yeah, unban people that want to play for the month they're stuck inside!
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Yeah, unban people that want to play for the month they're stuck inside!
    No thanks, we want to enjoy the game without an extra army of botting/cheats back.
    (3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    As I'm sure SquareEnix and Final Fantasy XI developers know very well, the World Health Organization declared yesterday that the COVID-19 is a world pandemic.

Hundreds of thousands of people are locked into their homes, quarantined, within the territories of China, Italy, South Korea, with more countries what will surely join in the upcoming weeks.

Given how so many people cannot leave their homes I was thinking: why doesn't SquareEnix think about something, in an attempt to show empathy and solidariety towards the people affected by this world crisis?

For example giving a free month of login, a special campaign, anything goes, I'm sure whatever comes to the devs' minds will be greeted with open arms.
    I think most people will be happy with the fact they can play without having to go to work.
    They are a business at the end of the day, and this will affect them, as it will everybody else.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You spelled solidarity wrong.

And while they could do something like this, manga and anime publishers in Japan already have people covered, with several making some or all of their content available online for free (to Japan) while the situation persists to help stave off chronic boredom from isolation.
    (0)

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    As much as the good intentions would be behind this, there would be a TON who would see it as a way of SE trying to make money off of a disaster.

I would rather see SE have a campaign on how to protect yourselves from the COVID issue because the false info going around; washing hands with hot soap and water for 20 seconds, call your doctor before wanting to come in for COVID testing, don't go out or to work if you are feeling sick.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphie View Post
    As much as the good intentions would be behind this, there would be a TON who would see it as a way of SE trying to make money off of a disaster.
    Not at all. They are running a subscription service which hasn't changed in years. If they bumped the sub all of a sudden to $15 a month 'because people are staying in' then yes, I would agree.

I would rather see SE have a campaign on how to protect yourselves from the COVID issue because the false info going around; washing hands with hot soap and water for 20 seconds, call your doctor before wanting to come in for COVID testing, don't go out or to work if you are feeling sick.
    It is not their place to do that though. This is at government level. The only places who have had to send out e-mails and adjust are food establishments and other potential close contact businesses.
    (0)

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Well, my part of the USA is pretty much locking down here, from schools to business. I just don't like the idea of a company making something off of this. There is always a way it can be seen in a bad way. I guess I'm just so jaded after so many years and things like this being done and going poorly.

And honestly, there are enough people who are followed and trend setters out there on Twitter and Facebook who are giving out false information about the COVID-19 virus. WHy can't SE step up and encourage people to get info from the CDC and WHO. All I see are people panicing and spreading wrong info making things worse.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Good idea but not for a good reason.
    Poeple stay in their home so they can play all day.
    So no need a free month fee.
    If the servers goes down because there is not enough people to take care of the servers, yea they could give us a free month fee in exchange for the time lost.

But now as someone said better make on website information about the virus.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And honestly, there are enough people who are followed and trend setters out there on Twitter and Facebook who are giving out false information about the COVID-19 virus. WHy can't SE step up and encourage people to get info from the CDC and WHO. All I see are people panicing and spreading wrong info making things worse.
    It is quite simple really, don't use social media It never really has done human kind any favours since it began.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast