Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dynamis(D) LAG

Player
    I wanted to add that windows 10 puts a huge demand on your computer compared to 7 or vista. I tried running around Jueno on a brand new 4gig windows 10 computer the other day, and it was lagging so bad I could skip the steps between the AH and the orbs npc. I was unhappy took it back and got a 8 gig computer and realized that when i opened task manager it was using almost all 4 gigs of memory without anything open. When running XI it would lag in areas expressed above. I took it back again (bestbuy knows my name at this point) I swapped for a big beefy 16 gig with a huge graphics card, then I only experienced lag in Dyna D. However, I had all settings capped. I recommend if your experiencing a lot of lag in game, go to your Square Enix folder, FFXI, ToolsUS(or EU) and then open the config. Go in and customize it to lower settings, then in game turn off other trust, shadows weather effects, character models displayed footstep effects and anything else from the misc settings you can. I hope this helps you, I know it seems like a bummer to turn down settings but honestly it doesn't seem to reduce quality that much. Good Luck everyone!
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    I wanted to add that windows 10 puts a huge demand on your computer compared to 7 or vista.
    The reason for that is Windows 10 decides to run all kinds of activities in the background, as opposed to Windows 7 (which you had more control over).
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wanted to add that windows 10 puts a huge demand on your computer compared to 7 or vista.
    FFXI is so dated that this is mostly irrelevant. There is no difference in the game for me compared to when i was on win 7.

Also, modern PCs have more resources, which means the operating system can do more things and give off the same kind of performance. Many CPUs available today have 16, 32 or even 64 thread multitasking, so running lots of background processes has basically zero impact on one running foreground application.

Further, far as I can tell this isn't a clientside problem.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Character
    Radamantis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    "Final Fantasy XI Interview with Yoji Fujito and Akihiko Matsui

Has your development team discovered any ways to reduce server lag and congestion during high-population events, such as Dynamis Divergence zones?

Akihiko Matsui: At the moment, it's very difficult for us to make any more adjustments in that direction. We unfortunately cannot remedy issues with model rendering unless we were to adjust config settings.

Yoji Fujito: There will always be some amount of lag when it comes to content with a large number of players. We try to design new content (not updated or revamped content) to minimize lag-related issues, As the underlying systems are all premised on PS2 specifications, it isn't feasible for us to make adjustments to those systems (for example, revising the model rendering system itself or changing the way data its sent to and received from the server.)"
    So that's what we get...
    After all its like i said from the start.
    Their content is broken (except for the trolls, those not switching gear, or apparently using PC's with Win XP or just to blind to realize the lag, like some people seem to claim in this thread.).

RIP
    (0)

Character
    Radamantis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So its basically stfu and live with the lag.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thing is original dynamis wasn't that bad, even when you had two alliances or more.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3