Thread: Dynamis(D) LAG

Character
    Radamantis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Is it just me or my 2005 HP Pavilion Windows Vista computer, but I am having near zero lag in Dyna [D] and runs extremely smoothly, with the exception of a slower entry screen than everyone else when we go in? I am using vanilla normal non-supplemented POL, no 3rd party programs or add-ons, only the ingame windowed mode so i can open my browser and still bounce between them with a mouse click to go online, and high resolution and frame rate on NVIDIA graphics card. Is my older system working better than the newer Windows 7/10 for this, or am I just lucky and should count my pennies now? lol
    Yeah and Quetz, Mireu etc... also not lagging for you i supose ? right?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quetzalcoatl isn't (or wasn't last time I fought it), since i have all other peoples' trusts turned off except my own.
    I haven't even tried Mireu yet, but I'll update you after I do go to it.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Is my older system working better than the newer Windows 7/10 for this, or am I just lucky and should count my pennies now? lol
    More than likely because Win 10 has been a pain in my [censored] since I've 'upgraded'.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Kirth
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes, Dynamis (D) lag is awful. They need to fix it.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I don't know about Dynamis, but I've noticed some in Odyssey.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Radamantis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Tbh its a cheek they are selling us such broken content...
    Its like selling a car w/o tires... Everytime in Dyna i feel so kidded by SE.
    If their game / servers or w/e are not able to run the content playable, such content shouldnt even be released... Its only frustrating.
    Same for Domain invasion... So man ppl are comlaining that the Dragon isnt even poping on their screen so their are not even able to engage.
    The absolute minimum would be to give their customers an explaination.
    Omen can be laggy as well in some situations. ( i care less about Omen b/c its onlly on the floors and not on the bosses for me ) But still... its broken
    (0)

Character
    Blazzy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have the same problem, the lag is just insane, I need to press buttons 3/4 times to activate abilities or cast songs. I play BRD most of the time and doing songs is painful, most of the time when I do brd rotation I can't do 5 songs on the second party because JAs runs out.

I don't know if there is a way to fix this lag but if you can do something I will appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Minitayjr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So I just bought a brand new $2,000 computer. Honestly the lag in dynamis is even worse than on my old gaming computer. It's really only when we're engaged with mobs. Sometimes I got a full 2-3 seconds before it shows a new frame. Is there anything I can do to improve this? It's SERIOUSLY debilitating.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TayanaOfAsura View Post
    Sometimes I got a full 2-3 seconds before it shows a new frame.
    I believe the lag being discussed here is the latency between executing actions and them actually going off, while what you describe seems to be about graphical lag (very low FPS). Is that what you're experiencing?

If yes, first thing I'd try is turn down the shadows if they're set to 'high'. I've not played using Windows myself since 2010, so I'm not entirely sure how things are there nowadays, but I think that setting has always been one of the major FPS killers.

I've seen lots of talk with older games, including FFXI, running worse on newer Windows set-ups, but haven't confirmed it myself.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I went and tried Mireu after someone commented slyly asking about how my lag was with that and I see I have a little lag (about same i have with other domain invasions), but nothing worth noting. My response times to macro keys is right on, and every once in a while i get that ½second lag, and some players do fade out then back, but targeting and fighting is not a problem.
    Helpful tips: turn off or reduce shadows. Turn off all other player's trusts. And go to config menu and turn off how players blink when they gear change. (Don't remember where this is but go find it and explore your menus). All these help a LOT!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast