Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For me the Siren update was the best one in quite a long time.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Exploring Odyssey has been fun so far, even though it often ended only few minutes after the start. :]

Being able to enter more than once per 20 hours (Earth time) would be nice, though I understand that at least at first, especially with the more busy servers in mind, limiting it a little may be a good idea (and 20 hours is definitely better than 24 or more!). I have sometimes noticed a few second delays for actions taken in the area, so with more people it might only be worse (I expect this to be a temporary issue in any case).

Thank you!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-23-2020 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Split feedback into separate posts as requested.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The Nostos monsters in Odyssey seem to have unexpectedly high attack rating, or just higher damage output in general. Was this intended? As a samurai with Ambuscade equipment +2, in content level of around 119, I probably was not expecting damage of >600 points from auto-attacks (critical hit) or >1000 (notorious monster Brachys, also a critical hit). Area attacks from bombs or slimes for example can end a run very fast.

So far I have only managed to spawn one NM by defeating a group of Agon enemies (just a little bit tricky as a lone samurai!), but sadly I ran out of time while fighting it (that thing had a lot of HP for a little crab!). It will be fun to try this with some friends.

Gathering enough Izzat for the chests from defeating the Nostos enemies takes a bit of time alone, but that is probably more geared for party play in any case.

I am very interested to see what the future holds for this content!

Thank you!

Edit: Been able to defeat a few NMs now, spawning them via the Agon enemies.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-30-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The adjustments to Domain Invasion, and Mireu in particular, were very welcome, and work well. I do wonder a little if Mireu is a bit /too/ rare now. I have only seen it once with over 1000 monsters defeated on the Fenrir server (and yes, it was finally defeated!), though of course I'm not looking for it 24/7. I think I received 80 points, so that would probably make it the fourth one in a row if 40 points were doubled for me.

Thank you!

Edit: I guess the "The base number of domain points Mireu awards has been increased based on the number of successive times that Mireu has been defeated." might actually mean that defeating Mireu raises the base points for /all/ dragons, since we seemed to go back to 10 after a loss (I didn't notice it had spawned until it went away... probably my fault, yeah!).
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-30-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    the few Daifuku foods that were adjusted Rolanberry/Bean/Grape was a good change in general. If at the moment some current foods are being evaluated and adjusted before they come to a big decision to creating different quality stat foods, then I think it's a good thing.
    (1)

Character
    Gukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They're spending something like 2 years reworking the jobs - nobody asked for this (except mnk lovers).
    They break the game 75% of the time (low-balling) for these undesired updates, and do it during NA time every time.
    They reskin something, or take something old and add augments on it, and call it new content.
    Nobody really asked for any of it yet they claim it's what we want.

Where are our revamped graphics? How come 1 person has most of it done in their personal time but a team of professional people cant do it?
    Why do RMTs still run loose, selling iron arrows and whatnot, while friends are getting kicked for playing hard, teaching younger players, etc? How is it that the playerbase can see all the illegal stuff but the company doesnt? It used to be that GMs were players, so they somewhat had a pulse on what people actually thought and saw. Now it seems nobody plays it, even to test their 'updates' because if they did then it wouldnt break so often.
    Why not revamp the rules of play? What world does it make sense to have only 1 item/character restoration since 2009? Thats over 10 years ago, long enough for a couple bankruptcies, presidents, and certainly FFXI directors. So 1 slip up, and you're done. Character hacked and deleted? Too bad, we feel for you but we won't act like a person and help you out. (This legit happened) Two mistakes (of whatever variety) gets you banned. Like, electric chair. Thats since game creation, which is over 17 years. Thats 3 bankruptcies, 3 US presidents, enough time for a few marriages, a dozen jobs, huge real-world stuff... a person can do an entire run of education, from 1st thru 12th, plus 4year college... and all this immense time, 2 mistakes and you're cooked. The rules are affecting the legit players, and not hurting the RMTs. These are rules for a 3-4 year game, not something this old.

There are genuine requests by the playerbase that are being ignored. They aren't request for a band-aid of updates, but sink into the marrow of the game, the foundation itself. Update the graphics, update the player rules, enlist a customer service that actually works for the customer (it's well known SE customer service is one of the worst out there). You are not adhering to CEO Yoichi Wada's words, "If we satisfy our users, they will return. On the other hand, once the users say, 'forget this,' there's no turning back. We can only recover our trust so far." Don't waste the precious time of the 'small' staff, point them to things that actually matter!
    (0)

7. 08-01-2020 10:17 AM
    Reason
    posted in wrong thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2