Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Ok, well, that was long and a tad extreme. I'm not suing anybody, I'm making a suggestion on behalf of people who want to add more people to the blacklist.
    Most forums in the world have moderation and rules regarding any range of subjects, otherwise is just becomes a free-for-all normally resulting in flaming, anger, and argument and spirals out of control.

I'm sure, as with most people, I don't want to see a conversation about US politics, because quite frankly, I and others do not care, and a lot of people find it stressful.

Firstly, yes, companies if selling a product in that country do have to abide by local laws. Look at GDPR as an example (EU) the US, as an example, has to abide by that if dealing with EU customers otherwise they would lose millions and millions of customers. We live in a global market.

This drives me nuts.... Europe isn't one thing... Europe is made of many different countries, with different laws. The EU, and other countries not in the EU (such as me, in the UK).
    I'm sorry, it's just that it frustrates me how much power the EU has to influence businesses in other countries- because big companies like google etc do a lot of business and make money in EU countries, even though they are a US company and don't (They do not- they just have to accept that they can't do business in those countries otherwise. You can't extradite a company- and threats of fines have no force in another country) have to comply with EU laws, they roll over and do so anyway because they don't want to lose that business (But it's different for SE because the EU playerbase for this game is so small).

At any rate, as I said, of the 100 people on your blacklist, odds are there are some who haven't played in a long time or are unlikely to continue bothering you today.

I agree that political talk and stuff can get really annoying. But usually this happens in linkshells, so you can easily mute that by turning that linkshell off for a while. It's really a lot easier than adding everyone involved to your blacklist. I only use the blacklist for people who really wronged me in some way and I don't want to deal with them for an extended timeframe. I don't just use it to silence one conversation. Even then, I'm a believer in second chances, so in most cases, I will remove them some time down the road.

If I make a website and collect user information, I have to do so according to the guidelines and laws for doing so in my country. I don't have to follow your country's laws if they are different, but then that country can choose to block my website in that country.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-22-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Character
    Bigboykoalas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Problem trial 946

Guys could someone help me out here please and apologies as i don't know how to start a new thread as I've spoken to a GM and got nowhere.Started trial 946 for gandiva killing big bird in Misaeruax coast.. killed it once yesterday (20th) and got credit. killed it twice today and got nothing. Trial weapon was equipped so should be 3/4. checked with moogle and its 1/4. Any ideas as the GM said it was a technical problem and maybe resolved at next update....I'm bored enough as it is and will bin it before then...thanks in advance
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2