Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Increase the merit cap of merit weapon skills

SE, the cap on the merit weaponskills has not been expanded in some time, can you please increase the cap of that category so we can unlock more merit weapon skills for use with other non aeonics.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It hasn't been expanded ever, and I don't think it ever will be, they wanted you to make decisions here. The merit point system was/is supposed to be a specialization system- you aren't supposed to get everything. That allowed the individual categories to be better than they would be if they let you get everything.

Yes, they did lift the limits on attributes and combat skill levels,but it seems to me like they treat the WS category more like the Job specific categories.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I believe Voicememo is correct here. The limitations placed on the brackets of merit point spenders only serves to push for building alternative characters to specialize in a few weaponry types a primary character would not have chosen.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    I believe Voicememo is correct here. The limitations placed on the brackets of merit point spenders only serves to push for building alternative characters to specialize in a few weaponry types a primary character would not have chosen.
    Far as I can tell, that was the intention. Especially since most people don't care enough to make alts for a few weapon skills, especially when there's a handful that tower above the rest.

It's the same deal with crafting limitations. Yes, it won't do anything to the most dedicated, but it promotes specialization among everyone else.
    (0)