Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What exactly are you suppose to do at level 99 ?

I am pretty lost at what you even do anymore. Last thing I remember doing in the game was doing abyssea for merits. Is there a new abyssea type place now for merits ? I already beat the new storyline Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. Is there even anything left to do after that.
    (0)

Player
    More of the same with a different name. Grind merits, grind ambuscade, grind HTB (which you need for plutons)

That's it, grind this or grind that, grind grind grind
    (0)

They raised the merit cap for stats so I would need so many merits just to cap that. But is it even worth doing merits now?
    (0)

Player
    meh, I mean like you want to raise your merit max so you spend less time obtaining merits, that one is a gimme.

Is +15 STR really worth he effort, meh, not really. is + 15 MND or CHR or VIT or Enmity+5 or Crit rate +5 or +8 skill? again not really. it's not something you should really worry about, just pick them up as you go.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Once you complete all the storylines, even the final Adoulin quests, you are in gear collection mode. You are collecting gear to become better at all the events on your favorite jobs or perhaps trying a new job to gear to that level. That is the end-game currently, vanity items fit into this as well for lockstyle purposes.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I am pretty lost at what you even do anymore. Last thing I remember doing in the game was doing abyssea for merits. Is there a new abyssea type place now for merits ? I already beat the new storyline Rhapsodies of Vana'diel. Is there even anything left to do after that.
    You don't really grind merits anymore. They come extremely easy and you actually spend merits to enter various battlefields now. At lv99 you start looking for item level gear, which effectively makes you higher than level 99. You also earn Job Points, which are similar to merits but are entirely job specific, and collecting a lot of them unlocks permanent bonuses called gifts. When you get and spend 2100 total job points on any given job, that job becomes Mastered (like some other FF games) and the cooldown of your 1-hour abilities is reduced to 45 minutes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-05-2020 at 12:01 PM.

2 hours are now 1 hour or 45 min ?
    (0)

Player
    1 Hour. Until you get 2100 Job Points, then its 45.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    2 hours are now 1 hour or 45 min ?
    No. 2 hours are now 1 hour. And they become 45 minutes instead when you master a job.

the 2 hour cooldown was reduced to one years ago.
    (0)

Best way to grind merits now? I need so many merits for my stats and skills
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast