Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Best way to grind merits now? I need so many merits for my stats and skills
    You don't really grind merits anymore. You grind for job points instead, and you just happen to also get your merits along the way. Typically this is done by fighting high level mobs in audolin areas, although there are also other options, like the escha zones. When the Gain Experience RoE objective is active, one popular activity is to got one of the escha areas and use a job like blue mage with strong AoE skills to wipe out a bunch of mobs at once, this will earn you XP very fast (and also sparks/unity accolades). Once you have some JP and you have 119 gear under your belt, the best CAP (and XP) comes from Apex mobs in audolin zones. These are found in the Gates zones (Doh Gates, Moh Gates, etc) These are the strongest normal mobs available and will basically earn you a merit point with every kill.
    (0)

Was following the guide in ffxiclopedia get some water and signal pearl. when to do this boss https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Putraxia

Cause it said you needed to do it for abyssea armor upgrades and I can't even hit him. I am not even sure what is going on with this game.

Is it like you need to upgrade your relic before doing any of these fights. It took forever to find the place where this fight is even located. But there was a crystal by it so I guess if I go back it won't take long but then I have to farm another water to get in.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Was following the guide in ffxiclopedia get some water and signal pearl. when to do this boss https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Putraxia

Cause it said you needed to do it for abyssea armor upgrades and I can't even hit him. I am not even sure what is going on with this game.

Is it like you need to upgrade your relic before doing any of these fights. It took forever to find the place where this fight is even located. But there was a crystal by it so I guess if I go back it won't take long but then I have to farm another water to get in.
    Well, it's a straightforward situation. If you can't hit something you need more accuracy. Use of food, and gearsets built with accuracy in mind for gaining TP.

Also, you can pretty much forget about your signal pearl. Trusts are just far and away better than the adventuring fellow, it has not kept pace.

That boss btw is part of a content called Vagary, and it has nothing to do with relic weapons or armor. It is mainly for reforging empyrean gear from abyssea, however currently that gear only goes to +1 and with some utility exceptions isn't as good as the reforged artifact and relic armors which come from other content, like Dynamis-D. Vagary is also pretty difficult to do alone, you'll want to find other real people to do it with. If you join a linkshell on your server and ask around you may find some people who do it on a periodic basis. Also, various content like this typically have periods where the game promotes them with campaigns- like for a few weeks, high tier mission battlefields will drop more stuff. Then the next few weeks, vagary is more rewarding. etc. So if you want to do a specific content, it is easier to do it when a campaign for it is active.

If you want to talk about what your goals are we can try to forge a path for you. But one of the safest options in many cases is ambuscade, which will take you pretty far just by itself. Particularly for certain jobs you can find a set that grants a lot of accuracy, and you can customize a job-specific cape from ambuscade and put various stats you need on it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.

What I mean is it takes a "prototype sigil pearl" key item to enter the fight. I was using trusts on the fight. He is just not hitable. But he does very little damage so I just sit there not hitting him while he doesn't do much damage to me. Ended up using a warp ring to get out of there since nothing was going to happen. Obviously I am not going to do dynamis solo so thats pretty much out of the question.

Right now just pumping gil into the AH so I can upgrade my excalibur so I can kill this boss to do the abyssea upgrades. Problem is there is never enough plutons on sale to buy.

Like years ago before I quit playing I did a set of AF1 119 upgraded armor which is my only armor set I use at the moment. I have old abyssea and dyanamis lv75 armor but thats it. Only job with any gear is paladin.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 03-07-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I mean is it takes a "prototype sigil pearl"
    you did type "signal pearl" but I still feel dumb lol.

Obviously I am not going to do dynamis solo so thats pretty much out of the question.
    I'm not suggesting you do it solo, I'm suggesting you find a group. And the boss you are fighting is pretty high end, you will need advantages like a GEO or BRD supporting you to get your accuracy up and their evasion down.

Like years ago before I quit playing I did a set of AF1 119 upgraded armor which is my only armor set I use at the moment. I have old abyssea and dyanamis lv75 armor but thats it. Only job with any gear is paladin.
    Ambuscade man, you can do that solo (although you will get things done faster with others) easily, and it will help you with your accuracy problems. And don't forget food for any endgame content.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

If you're having accuracy issues get some ambuscade +1 gear. Trioed these fights with LS members and had no problem killing them.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

I spent a week buying 10000 plutons on the AH so maybe now I can do it. But I never did ambuscade or even know how you do it. Someone told me on a discord of people I played ff14 with that I should do void watch cause i have like 7000 stones to get plates to sell on the ah and then buy gear. But the thing is those plates don't drop very much.
    (0)

So I did ambuscade like someone said put it on normal mode. Wasn't really hard or anything used my trusts killed two of those coeurls. The NPC for it keeps asking quiz questions which I have no idea what the answers. The rewards don't really make any sense at all there are these seals and papers, these hallmarks and total hallmarks. What is it I am suppose to buy exactly? You suppose to do this once a day or week. How do you buy armor or whatever its not really explained. I am I suppose to buy these +1 papers? The thing is it doesn't even say what armor you get. Because I only just did it once today I don't think I have enough points to buy them.

The wiki says something about the armors changing monthly how do I know what they are selling now if its for Paladin which I am playing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 03-10-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So I did ambuscade like someone said put it on normal mode. Wasn't really hard or anything used my trusts killed two of those coeurls. The NPC for it keeps asking quiz questions which I have no idea what the answers.
    Those questions aren't actually important, but they can all be answered from prior dialogue with the NPC.

The wiki says something about the armors changing monthly how do I know what they are selling now if its for Paladin which I am playing.
    Speak to the NPC about rewards. Everything currently available is listed there. If it's not listed there, it's not currently available and you'll have to wait and see about next month.
    (0)

What is the best way to get currency for relics? Is there any better way to do this now besides going on thf or dancer to try and get procs.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast