Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your March version update roundup.

With the introduction of Siren last month, I couldn’t help but think back on my high school days. Homer’s The Odyssey featured sirens, after all. The epic tale inspired me to become interested in Greek and Nordic mythology, and I read many a book on the subject. Although I suppose part of it was just me wanting to escape studying for university entrance exams, the knowledge I gained turned out to be incredibly useful after I joined Square. Funny how the world works, isn’t it?

With that, let’s dig into March!

First, the big news. We’re implemented the all-new battle content that we’ve brought up several times in the past. Its name? “Odyssey!” Sometimes the segues just write themselves.

Odyssey is what we dubbed internally “exploration-centric content” that contains not only battles against trash mobs, but also the ability to spawn various notorious monsters based on various items and the presence of various objects with special gimmicks—elements which we hope will provide for a more varied adventuring experience. Additionally, the farther along you are in your Odyssey, the easier some of the more tricky elements become, providing an incentive for you to really go all-out. At the end of your journey await augments to existing Wanted Battle equipment. Be sure to give Odyssey a try when it hits the servers.

Next up is a new alter ego—Monberaux.
You can receive a cipher to call forth Monberaux in exchange for 480 deeds of heroism, obtainable by completing monthly Records of Eminence objectives. True to his character, Monberaux is a doctor, and he will concoct a variety of potions and tonics to support you in his role as a healer. Of course, he remains as masculine and classy as ever!

Ambuscade features an all-new battle against tulfaires and a revival of the Velkk battle. This month’s theme is “welcoming Spring in with a bang,” and the tulfaire boss is accompanied with an elemental to match—although which elemental he summons changes throughout the course of the battle. I hope you enjoy seeing what’s in store!

Finally, I’d like to thank you for all your feedback on Domain Invasion. We’ve been following the discussions closely, and are working on a couple adjustments to Mireu that we hope will make him less of a pain to battle against. Watch this space for more info.

As always, below is a table of items to be added in March. Last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from implementing all of them, but we’re doing our utmost to make sure they all make the deadline.

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
MarchRecords of Eminence・ Add new objectives
・ Update monthly objectives
-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
MarchAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
MarchOdyssey・ Add new battle content-
MarchDomain Invasion・ Adjust system