Character
    Thayerx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Item recovery issues

BLUF: I accidentally dropped Chrono bullet pouch at some point and I'm trying to recover.

I traded my Fomalhaut to Oboro in Port Jueno with an amount of astral detritus to begin the upgrade process, just as I have with aeonic weapons in the past. COR is the first ranged job I've done and this was my first ranged weapon that dispense bullets.

I didn't realize that dispensing capability would be removed from the weapon and placed in an item that Oboro gave me. I dropped this item on accident when clearing inventory. I didn't realize my mistake until a few days later when I tried to get bullets from the gun and could not. I did the research, saw that Oboro gives the waist equipment, and then submitted through the help desk to a GM.

I described the situation to the GM. The one hang-up was that I could not remember the exact day and time that I did it. I got a reply from the help desk the next day saying that they couldn't help me because I didn't supply enough information.

I'm at a loss. I submitted other request for support today through the SE account management website, but I don't know how or win they'll contact me. The inability to recover the item that dispenses the bullets really kills motivation to play the job now.

Has this happened to anyone else, and were you able to get the item returned? It's my own ignorance that caused this problem, but I don't see how it could be so difficult to recover the item.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    well they have to check the logs to confirm that it happened, so you need to at least be able to give them an approximate date. And let this be a lesson to always handle important items more carefully and slow down when moving them around. It's pretty hard to drop an item you intended to use that's rare ex since the confirmation prompt requires you to press a different directional button than you used to select Drop in the first place.

The policy is strict to prevent abuse of it. SE has always been ultra hands-off with its support staff. I'd try to contact them again and make yourself a stronger case (After all, you can only ever have one at a time, so there's no way you could get a duplicate...) and if the GM won't help, make another call and ask (politely) for escalation to a SGM/LGM.
    (1)