Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Report function

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a way to report more easier any cheat use or bot.

Can we get a simple slash command that we could use:

/report Name TypeOfExploit

Example:

/report ajfhzeahda bot warp

Then the slash command will fill auto the time, zone, etc... and be sent to the STF

-------------

Actually, the game is crowded with to much cheater and bot, it's take to long to open menu and fullfill the STF message for every player.

Anyway, it's either cheat or bot.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Or even better, a GM appears, stands there and observes for ~ 5 mins and acts. (Like in the old days).
    (3)

Player
    Just like every other time this kind of suggestion comes up, I pose the question, How do you make up for that lost money? Let's assume they ban 10,000 bots. K great. They just lost $100,000 per month. So how to you make up for that? I promise you 10,000 new players aren't going to start playing XI. and 10,000 aren't going to come back.

I don't disagree with you, but you need to be honest about the scenario. First and foremost it is a business. If you quit, new bots easily cover your lost revenue, not so much the other way around. Would you be willing to pay double your subscription to help cover the loss? It's not 2005 anymore, you have to weigh pros and cons, and man, there are no pros on this one.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-25-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It is against the ToS.

Enough to say.

It make no sense defending the use of software that give beneficial against the others.
    Unless...

But i'm not here to debate about it.

I just suggest an easier way to use what's already there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cdryik; 02-25-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Player
    Money is more important than rules. Solve the money problem, they'll be able to enforce the rules. An impossible proposition.

Do you want the game to end, or do you want them to look the other way to keep it going. They already ignore the reports as it is. I know you know this. making reporting easier doesn't get them to start paying any more attention to the reports, because they already exist, they just can't care. Their hands are tied.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-25-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If to keep a game alive you have to let toxic person to play, then, i would better see the game being shutdown.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    FFXIV has a right-click-to-report for RMT, i fully support this.

Implementation wise, another good option would be to do it similar to the above: Add a "report to STF" button to the context menu you get when selecting someone's name in the full chat log window.
    (2)

Player
    XIV bans more people per month than total play XI. It works there. If this was 2005 it would be justified here.

Time Period: Dec. 26, 2019 to Jan. 8, 2020

・Participation in RMT/prohibited activities
     ・Accounts terminated: 10,140 
    ・Botting activity (Using any number of third party tools that allow for automation)
     ・Accounts terminated: 4
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 11
    ・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 1,719
    If they even thought about banning 10% of that many people on XI it would be 4 entire servers deleted.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-25-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    If to keep a game alive you have to let toxic person to play, then, i would better see the game being shutdown.
    I understand. Even I wouldn't support this just because I am breaking the rules. I have been away from FFXI for almost two months. I am okay with FFXIV for now. No Windower needed.

I don't think people would even imagine they'd be playing without third-party tools anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes there still are "Traditionalists" that want to interact with FFXI The way it is developed and how the Dev team intends.

Below i'm including comment i posted in another topic that applies here.

Here's my solution: 8 Step process:
    1>Declare or create a server designated as a "Traditionalist" server.
    2>Bolster that "Traditionalist" server with a dozen champion tier GMs with bolstered data analysis tools for detection of adverse third party program/application use.
    3>Require user acceptance of enhanced data analysis prior to access to the "Traditionalist" server.
    4>With sufficient evidence any account in violation of FFXI ToS would be relocated off the "Traditionalist" server to a single declared "Anarchy" server.
    5>Accounts relocated to the single declared "Anarchy" server would be barred from server transfers.
    6>New "Traditionalist" server would allow for complimentary transfer for accounts in good standing from any existing server.
    7>To access the new "Traditionalist" server, a one time lifetime purchase for access to this server of suggesting $240.00. This would guarantee lifetime access for one account including 16 unrestricted character slots and lifetime access to both wardrobes 3 and 4, standard, for as long as that account remains a resident of the "Traditionalist" server.

+ To encourage coordination and collaborative play on all servers:
    8>Modernize/Upgrade the seacom (/seacom) menu functions described or close to this description if possible;
    { Create communications channels based around the traditional /seacom categories. Can use /c or /w as a designation beginning.
    Examples: /cExp /cBattle /cMission /cQuest /cItem /cLinkshell /cSocial /cOther

Upgrade + Enhance + Overhaul the /seacom interface to include instructions about usage, instructions about etiquette, and the ability to search for key words displayed in the /seacom entry of any character that is displaying a /seacom.

Allow a /seacom to be set for each individual category with a blank /seacom being designated as disabled for that category. In this way each player can enable and display a /seacom for Exp ~ Battles ~ Missions & Quests ~ Item ~ Linkshell ~ Looking for Friends ~ Others.

With the enhancement of the /seacom interface for quicker search results; create and allow for content tags to be attached to /seacom.
    Example: a /seacom applied to the Exp category could be tagged with a level range bracket selection and desired vana'diel area.
    Example: a /seacom applied to the Item category could be tagged with a item type selection, a crafting source selection, a battle content type selection, a level usage selection etc, a auction house inventory category selection.

Detailed Example: Utu grip could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Omen} {LVL99} {Battlefield} {Grip} {Reisenjima}

Detailed Example: Sublime sushi could be entered with text into the display of a /seacom under the {Item} category and then be tagged with {Cooking} {Food} {Synthesis} {Meals} {Seafood}.
    Allow for up to seven tags to be attached to each active /seacom.
    (1)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-19-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast