Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report function

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    1>Declare or create a server designated as a "Traditionalist" server.
    This is a silly idea. The rules should be enforced the same on all servers, not just on one special one. And few people would accept data tracking like you propose.

And while i don't support breaking the rules, I don't support blindly following developer intentions either. Nobody, including the developers, is perfect and the biggest mistakes can be made with the best of intentionsCOUGH BST COUG HACK HACK COUGH. Sorry had to clear my throat there.

And if we only did things 100% the way the developers intended, we wouldn't have things like speedrunning and entire games might not have been conceived. Breaking boundaries also opens eyes to new things.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-27-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Even though, I don't post stuff on FFXIAH but I do read it from time to time. I think they are just trying...

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...r-this-time/5/
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    The simple fact is there is a large segment of players that do not want to reside on a server where cheating is occuring. Since with it's current toolbox of STF capabilities SE is inept at removing cheating from their servers; THE single best option available is the solution i proposed. If any "smart guy" can come up with a realistic and better solution without the generic ~SE should stop all cheating~ reply, then by all means, educate us.
    (1)

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They can simply remove all their gils, stuff, and lock their exp gain to 0 (and thoses that are in a party with them) for months instead of using the ban hammer. So they can still play.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    The simple fact is there is a large segment of players that do not want to reside on a server where cheating is occuring. Since with it's current toolbox of STF capabilities SE is inept at removing cheating from their servers; THE single best option available is the solution i proposed. If any "smart guy" can come up with a realistic and better solution without the generic ~SE should stop all cheating~ reply, then by all means, educate us.
    No, the single best option is to improve the STF and give them more powers. We don't need special servers to get rule enforcement that should be done anyway.

And its really damn silly to try and call people who dislike cheaters "traditionalists." SE doesn't have to be perfect, but they certainly do have to put forth an effort. Everyone deserves a clean game, not just people who want to reside on a Big Brother server (which wouldn't be many.)
    (1)

Player
    I really would love to see them start to actually enforce rules, just so the game can close and you'll finally be happy.

Then you can start complaining on the 14 forum instead.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    I really would love to see them start to actually enforce rules, just so the game can close and you'll finally be happy.

Then you can start complaining on the 14 forum instead.
    You're just as wrong as that other guy, as the vast majority of players aren't cheaters like you like to believe.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The rules do not work that way. You should blame yourself for using the popular third party tool called Windower.

FFXI would do better if the game runs on DirectX 9 or 11 then programmers can control the community.
    (0)

Player
    I didn't say that. But when they start to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars per month, it doesn't matter how many vanilla players are left.

There doesn't need to be more than 10% "cheaters" to make a big enough impact that investors panic and bail. Ignoring the rules is the only thing keeping everything held together.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 03-05-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    I didn't say that. But when they start to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars per month, it doesn't matter how many vanilla players are left.

There doesn't need to be more than 10% "cheaters" to make a big enough impact that investors panic and bail. Ignoring the rules is the only thing keeping everything held together.
    all that matters is profit. And this game would still be profitable with half its current players.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast