Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    However...

Things do need to change....

1. A clamp down on people selling content.. (The mass of botting/RMT).
    2. Better moderation (and if not, EXTEND the BLACKLIST past 100).
    3. More forms of content, be it through even the simple things such as RoE quests etc.. (Not just copy and paste jobs).

After all, we are paying FULL market rate.....
    Too late, you were gone for how long? 6 months? Since the GMs don't trust us enough to help the community (crazy people on Asura), I have came here to change everything in order to stop that madness. Too many crazy separate threads that will never get an answer from the STF which in fact did affect Asura greatly. I know the STF did a weird thing against me from the last summer but they stopped doing that after I posted here. I have never made any reports, never GM call, never been banned, never been sent to Mordion Gaol, never grief another player in my life. FFXI is just different that everyone else I know is just happy.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Too late, you were gone for how long? 6 months?
    Yes, and before I left for that time SE a few months back released a statement about how they are going to come down hard on RMT/Bots.
    Nothing, however, seems to have changed. In fact, it seems to have gotten worse.

Anyone advertising the selling of job points and then saying it is a '24/7 service'. Is either botting, or has a warehouse of people doing night shifts. Unless somebody has invented a magic pill
    whereby you no longer need to sleep anymore(?)

Seriously though, all I ever asked for was the ability to blacklist people past 100. It was even confirmed as an "Accepted Bug" back in October 2019....

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ight=blacklist
    (2)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 02-23-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultrafanboy View Post

Why did they create 14 only 6 years after their first MMO 11?.
    FFXI was released in 2002.
    FFXIV was released in 2013.
    So, that is eleven years, not six years.

is proof that they want this game to die, so that people will have no choice but to play FF14.
    I have thousands of computer-games, including 1980s cassette tape games that I made in the 1980s. Quite honestly, if there was no more FFXI, I would play a lot of those 1980s games again. I would also play Baldur's Gate series again, on PC, because that is my favourite PC game series of all time. I will buy the new Baldur's Gate 3 eventually, and play that.

I wouldn't play FF14. I will just keep using that disk-box to kill bugs. It is very effective.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Yes, and before I left for that time SE a few months back released a statement about how they are going to come down hard on RMT/Bots.
    Nothing, however, seems to have changed. In fact, it seems to have gotten worse.

Anyone advertising the selling of job points and then saying it is a '24/7 service'. Is either botting, or has a warehouse of people doing night shifts. Unless somebody has invented a magic pill
    whereby you no longer need to sleep anymore(?)

Seriously though, all I ever asked for was the ability to blacklist people past 100. It was even confirmed as an "Accepted Bug" back in October 2019....

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ight=blacklist
    That thread is too sad to read. It's just people have had a bad temper so I don't know what to say. I guess I can support your idea just because... Nothing can be done to help the community. People have turned a blind eye.

I honestly believe this official forums deserve more love. Look at FFXIV's official forums, they can either have fun or complain and that's not a problem. Moreover, community reps and GMs have so much love and respect for them and not us. Where is the fun here? That's not fair. What I don't understand is why is this official forums the only place people come here to complain and moan and then move on back to their other forums to have a good time. That's not cool.

Mind you, bots in FFXIV are more worse than bots in FFXI. What I mean is bots are very smart like nobody can guess they are botting. Don't tell me about PvP, they are very easy to be detected. I can show you an example how that work in step by step. The safest way to bot is White Mage.

Auto-Queue for duty > Auto-message to party: "hi" > Auto-healing party on way to end > beat final boss > Party: "Wow. What a perfect healer you are. Thanks! You get commendations." > exit the duty > repeat

Today, FFXIV has the new trust system. More safe to bot with trusts

They will not stop developing bots because they are making money unlike tools for FFXI which are free to use. Making bots in Vana'diel so perfect is very impossible because the battle system is so random which is why I prefer FFXI better. You can be very lucky to be in Vana'diel and find the real people to play with and see if they are not a bot (No PUGs like FFXIV's duty finder). Thankfully, bots in Vana'diel are not rocket science. Unless bots are smartass, I know how to mess with them and pull them into a corner. Watching them stuck there makes me smile.

However, I haven't been playing FFXI for almost two months because of all the complaints.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 02-24-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I wouldn't play FF14. I will just keep using that disk-box to kill bugs. It is very effective.
    The salt runs deep, I see.
    (0)

Character
    Parvashi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    I can't believe that so many toxic elitist types freaked out and quit once they introduced TRUSTs. I mean that is the least they should have done in terms of making the game more accessible. Next they should have streamlined the quests, added direction, cleaned up the UI, to name a few. Square Enix chose not to do this.

The probable reason is because they wanted to kill off 11, to make room for 14, because they are greedy and wanted a slice of the big money WoW was making. Square Enix lost it's soul around 2004 or so, and only cared about money after that. I guess that is when they merged with Enix, and the original FF creator left the company.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The salt runs deep, I see.
    It is not salt I assure you. I paid cash money for the FF14 luxury box set with the books and fancy stuff. I am happy to pay money to SE, because they have made some of my favourite games in the past, most notably FF7 FF8 and FF11.

I bought the game, and I played it for a while, and I did not enjoy it at all. That is not salt. That is just personal preference.

And although I am from Northern Europe, my work takes me to various places around the world, in tropical SE Asia at the moment. There's a lot of mosquitoes and flies! And I found, quite by chance, that the FF14 disk-box was a very satisfying thing to smash pests with. It feels cathartic. I don't know why.

Here's my post on this OF on February 16th. I am clearly not motivated by salt. I am wishing lots of positive energy towards FF14 and all who play it. I simply chose not to play it myself, because it is not my kind of game.

I don't ever insult FF14, and also, I sincerely hope that FF14 players are always very happy, and they find great joy and solace in their FF14 game. I wish FF14, and all who play it, great happiness and success in the future.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am supporting FF11 since 2003 and FF14 since 2011. FF11's engine is still PS2 and DirectX 8.1 even you can play it on Windows 98. I haven't tested it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I bought the game, and I played it for a while, and I did not enjoy it at all. That is not salt. That is just personal preference.
    Okay, that's fair. There's just a lot of hate here at its mere existence not based on its perceived merits or lack thereof.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They do need to start more aggressively dealing with major problems like RMT, the market being flooded with duplicated items, whales and mercing.

One of the biggest problems is accessibility to content. Most current content is either time gated, player gated or both. And while not inheritantly bad, it can lead to a culture of what I see is people wanting to pay to progress.

I am in a shell that gets a large amount of returnee players. They get really disheartened when they are told you gotta be at this high gear and JP level to be useful. We know that not to be true but it's still a stigma and barrier to content. Very few want to group up, waste time and lose anymore.

The item level and content system is another big issue. Unless you've been actively playing the past few years and forum/wiki scouring, it's hard to understand what the current gear ladder is. And given players, they'll tell you different gear ladder efficiencies through their own bias.

It's just harder to PUG in general. Making mercs, buying gil, duplicating items, cheating and running multiple accounts become more attractive options. Even Ambuscade which is supposed to be the casual catch-up content. Has deterred most players away from it, at least on Bismarck.

Now it's mostly just mercs, multi-boxers and statics that run it. This affects the economy too. Less PUGs in the economy lowering prices, more price control/expense. As things get more expensive, people are more enticed to pay to progress.

They are trying but the scale needs to be larger.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast