Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Quint
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20

Returning player looking for direction

I haven't played in a very long time and I was surprised to find that the admin staff was able to recover my account. I have a character on Lakshmi and I'm finding the zones I used to hang out in are now ghost towns. The auction house is almost empty and I'm worried that maybe this isn't a server I should be on if I want to do anything with other players.

Should I look at moving to a more populated server or in general are all the servers fairly empty these days? Are there any guilds on Lakshmi or any other server that play casually that would like to have a new player join?
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hello. Firstly, welcome back!

Asura is still opened to anyone as it is the busiest server where you will not feel lonely in Vana'diel! There are a plenty of linkshells with different preferences. Good luck!

Keep in mind, there are bots, RMTs, and Mercs running around and almost no one cares anymore so it's up to you.
    (0)

Character
    Quint
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Back in the day I deleted my main to join some friends who I thought were going to stick around. Of course they didn't so my current character only has a few quests done such as the sub quest a few ranks into the nation quests and most of my jobs are 20 and under. Is starting over the best thing to do at this point?
    (0)

Character
    Quint
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20
    Oh, and what faction should I choose?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Avin View Post
    I haven't played in a very long time and I was surprised to find that the admin staff was able to recover my account. I have a character on Lakshmi and I'm finding the zones I used to hang out in are now ghost towns. The auction house is almost empty and I'm worried that maybe this isn't a server I should be on if I want to do anything with other players.

Should I look at moving to a more populated server or in general are all the servers fairly empty these days? Are there any guilds on Lakshmi or any other server that play casually that would like to have a new player join?
    I don't really reccomend transferring. In the main cities, you will find NPCs called Linkshell Concierges. LSes looking for members can have these NPCs give out pearls and it can help you connect with playters on your server who do stuff.

I reccomend against transferring to Asura. It's overcrowded and there is disporportionately more cheating/mercing/gilbuying there. While the intent was good, I think things have gotten out of hand and you're better off without the corruption.

While it can be tricky to find what you need to buy, in many cases people on your server can help you find what you need and clear the content you want to do. By staying where you are, you'll be contributing to the experience of everyone who is there.

Also, regardless of server, most people are hanging out in jeuno or mhaura these days, and not the main cities.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-14-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Welcome back!

Back in the day I deleted my main to join some friends who I thought were going to stick around. Of course they didn't so my current character only has a few quests done such as the sub quest a few ranks into the nation quests and most of my jobs are 20 and under. Is starting over the best thing to do at this point?
    In case you do choose to play on a different server, I would say yes, it would make more sense to create a new character if you have no strong connection to, nor much done with the current one (it's not exactly cheap to transfer from one server to another).

Not sure what you mean by factions. Nations? I can't think of any reason why you should choose one over the other, aside from personal preference. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Alfrilout
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 37
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Hello. Firstly, welcome back!

Asura is still opened to anyone as it is the busiest server where you will not feel lonely in Vana'diel! There are a plenty of linkshells with different preferences. Good luck!

Keep in mind, there are bots, RMTs, and Mercs running around and almost no one cares anymore so it's up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I reccomend against transferring to Asura. It's overcrowded and there is disporportionately more cheating/mercing/gilbuying there. While the intent was good, I think things have gotten out of hand and you're better off without the corruption.
    So, I'd like to address these two points.

My husband and I chose Asura for our server when we came back over an 11 or so year hiatus from the game. Looking up guides and other info, pretty much every one of them suggested Asura as the server to go to for activity/population.

As soon as I got into the game, I turned off /yell (I believe that is the channel that is used) and have not seen one gil/RMT seller since, nor has it affected our gaming experience.

Second, I had to look up what "mercs" are, and essentially they are what boxers are in EverQuest, one person buying multiple accounts to play at once. So what? Things like that have been going on for AGES, it's just now that programs and hardware make it easier to do now.

For the OP, figure out the main play times you see yourself playing and gauge where to go from there. If the server you are on now feels "dead" to you during those times, then come to Asura, or any other server you find that is active.

Remember, in the end, it is what you want to do that matters.
    (2)

Character
    Rebelyell
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh, and what faction should I choose?
    Honestly, I would go with Bastok since you are a Hume. You get a Bastokian Ring since Humes and Galka are native to Bastok. Also remember that you can switch nations at a certain point so you can do each storyline mission. If you start in Windurst or Sandy you won't get that unique ring. Though I just jumped back into the game after a decade long break (WotG was such a bummer when it was released) so they might have changed it by letting you get the ring of your nation when you switch nations.
    (0)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    I take back my post recommending Asura.

I do NOT recommend Asura, it almost made me want to Quit after Six months of being on that World.

Populations nice, but I tell you right now, the amount of Botting, Gil Buyers and Cheaters makes for a Horrible experience.

You can't do Salvage, you can't, its packed with Bots 24/7 with tons of them blocking entrance.
    You can't do Dynamis, Botted 24/7. Zeni NM, Tokens, Assault, areas packed with Bots.
    Bots botting crafting shield drops in all areas 24/7.

Give the other Worlds a try.
    (1)
    Last edited by BST; 04-01-2021 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Moved Worlds!

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Asura and bahamut are good servers for english speakers, Bahamut peaks 900-1750 Asura 2000-4000 i think
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast