Thread: So, Siren

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

So, Siren

New avatar is cool and all but, is anyone kind of underwhelmed by her move set?

Single target dispel: already had this with Fenrir, Diabolos and Atomos.
    Single target slow: already had AoE slow with Leviathan. (Yeah you can stack slow and elegy but are we really gonna swap out Levi and siren and use 2 wards for a slow effect?)
    AoE silence: already somewhat had this with cait sith.
    AoE aquaveil: when was the last time anyone used aquaveil?
    AoE enaero: hopefully enaero II, might be situationally useful.
    Tornado II: Ok? Is it better than wind blade?
    Astral flow: just AoE wind damage, is it better than aerial blast? If so, what is the point in having them both? This should have been something else like AoE lullaby + kaustra/helix effect that doesn’t break the sleep. (I mean siren without a lullaby? Come on guys...)

The only moves that look potentially interesting are the AoE magic shield which I am assuming is just a magic only stoneskin (hopefully with higher potency than Titan’s earthen ward) and the threefold attack + hp drain which could be better than garuda or Levi’s self healing in situations where only the pet is taking damage since you aren’t wasting mp and uptime on an AoE ward pact just to heal themself.

Haven’t had time to log in yet to unlock her and play with the moves so maybe they’re really potent or something. But based on the patch notes it seems like siren isn’t really bringing much to the table. Anyone had time to do any tests with her yet?

Side note: was really hoping we’d get an update to our merit categories like other jobs. Make the 75 blood pacts naturally gained and maxed out already and give us something new in their place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 02-13-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Roundhouse is the first new AoE attack that isn't a 1-hour ever. It's not especially powerful or anything but actually rather fun to use on a group of mobs with 1-hour in effect lol.

Hysteric assault is decently powered and pretty much will always fully restore siren's HP, so she has a longevity all other summons lack.z

(Despite being expressed as a drain effect, it is physical and will skillchain)
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Roundhouse is single target, I thought it would be AoE too from the name but nope, would have been a nice physical complement to thunderspark.

Hysteric assault is pretty good but fairly expensive at 222 mp and is siren’s only real source of physical damage since welt and roundhouse are low level and weak and sonic buffet is magical and also fairly weak compared to predator claws.

Tornado II is about on par with 1/5 wind blade for the same mp cost so not really worth using if you’ve put any merits into garuda.

Katabatic blades is enaero II so that’s nice.

Wind’s blessing is not magic stoneskin as I believed but a magic damage reduction. Eyeballing it, seems to be about 30% damage reduction, but I didn’t test it extensively.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Roundhouse is single target, I thought it would be AoE too from the name but nope, would have been a nice physical complement to thunderspark.
    Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but swear i saw it hit multiple enemies.

I suppose some other damage occuring at the same time could have made it look like it was part of the same attack in the log.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-13-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh and what’s her favour?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    subtle bow effect. Honestly, the most disappointing part of the package. I like most everything else about it though, except for the 1-hour not really being different from Garuda.

Potency of the enspell effect is the same as rolling thunder. It is available at lower level than ifrit's more potent effect though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-13-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sigh.. Guess we’re gonna have to wait for the next avatar for regain favour then!
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    She actually is incredible.
    Very strong BP that surpasses Volt Strike
    Interesting 1hr mechanic that gives her buffs
    Elegy being a unique effect for SMN that has good impact on the battle
    Strong en-aero effect
    AOE Aquaveil
    A wind based Dispel
    Magic shield effect

I mean.. how can you say thats underwhelming compared to Cait Sith lol
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was a little disappointed to discover that the "magic shield" was actually just a magical phalanx, rather than actual Magic Shiield (i.e. invulnerable to magic damage, as granted by certain items) but admittedly, that would be ridiculously OP lol.

The life steal BP is amazing. In fact, almost hilarious given what they've done to BST. They just made a summon that's effectively tankier than BST pets and we can happily sit in the back and let her do her thing. But since BSTs wear light/medium armor, they must be frontline where summoner must sit in the back because they only wear clothes. *rolls eyes*

(Cait sith is still nice btw, for being able to let me have reraise without a mage sub, and even give it to others, and her ultimate is actually really cool, if not easy to take advantage of- its her Rages that are really lacking.)
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another Bonus is that Siren has a lower maintenance cost as well (2 mp less than Garuda)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast