Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Noxima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultrafanboy View Post
    careful, guys. The corona virus has killed at least 500,000 in China, and this image is from a few days ago. It's probably at least 1 million dead, 10 million infected now. So i applaud Square for cancelling the event, to try to stop the virus from spreading.
    Please don't quote ridiculous numbers to scare people. Check your facts. The figures as of Sunday 23rd February are 2,442 deaths in China. That is way too many of course but keep things in perspective Mkultrafanboy...... (obviously not a fan-boy of facts)
    (1)

Character
    Noxima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Um considering it was them that cancelled, and people booked hotels and airfare, it is their fault. It doesn't take much effort to send out something to the people who were going to participate. We might have differing opinions on that as I personally booked a hotel and travel specifically for this.
    You are very childish. There is an international pandemic virus, particularly affecting Asia. If you even were going to attend and had been allocated a free ticket, let it be a lesson to you to purchase cancellation insurance in the future and get over yourself.
    (1)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sorry, I disagree with your opinion. Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE, so that includes XIV; considering the XIV were even going to be there? I heard about them doing some PAX stuff too....I think....
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Even though the tickets were free, people still booked hotel and airfaire/travel. So it was not free. We should at least get something in-game like a vanity item.
    SE isn't responsible for your travel and accomodations. They owe you nothing.

Also, I mean, is this really the only reason you were going? I mean there's this whole four day convention with hundreds of studios, game stores, peripheral and PC part makers in attendance, dozens of panels on all manner of topics, tabletop, casual game tournaments, just being around lots of other people that are like you. PAX is a lot of fun. The cancellation of this social event is unfortunate, but that really shouldn't ruin the experience. There is tons of fun to be had, pictures to be taken, food to be eaten, music to be heard, etc.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    SE, so that includes XIV; considering the XIV were even going to be there? I heard about them doing some PAX stuff too....I think....
    Both FFXI and FFXIV fan gatherings are cancelled. the FFXIV panel is cancelled, and the meet/greet/photo ops are cancelled. Basically everything that involves staff from the Japan offices. The Square Enix both is run by their NA staff and they will still be there, they will still have their square enix store, and the FFXIV battle challenge, along with whatever other games they planned to be showing there.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sorry, I disagree with your opinion. Thanks.
    You're welcome to, but your opinion is widely considered to be flawed. Companies are not responsible for your travel accommodations to an event they organized in the event of its cancellation. This is why travel insurance exists. The only thing they are responsible for is offering refunds of any tickets or anything else they directly sold to you in order to participate in said event. The tickets were free and they didn't sell you anything else. They owe you nothing, and any court of law would see it the same way.

If you cheap out and don't get travel insurance, then it's all at your own risk.

But again, as per my last post. Go to PAX. There is way more fun to be had than the fan gathering could have possibly offered by itself. You will forget that this even happened. This is my 8th PAX East. I love going to this becuase I get to be a total nerd and not be judged for it, have tons of fun, and go home with lots of cool swag.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-24-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can't go to PAX unless I pay the whole weekend ticket which is over 200 bucks, I don't think its worth it for me considering many different factors. Thanks for your suggestion though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I can't go to PAX unless I pay the whole weekend ticket which is over 200 bucks, I don't think its worth it for me considering many different factors. Thanks for your suggestion though.
    Thursday has yet to ever sell out, and you had tons of time to buy tickets for whatever other day besides saturday. There was even a few additional days saturday passes became available because of reclamation from scalpers. I mean, if you're going to spend the money to travel here just for the fan gathering (again, this wasn't going to be like the fan festivals, just a presentation and food/drink with staff and fans) you may as well attend the event it was planned to capitalize on.
    (1)

Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to follow up with some update.

While we weren't able to hold the fan gathering, the upcoming March version of the FFXI Digest will cover the content we were originally planning to reveal during the fan gathering, so please be rest assured.

As for the Q&A segment, we're working with the development team to have some of the questions we collected from the forum answered some time in the near future.

We ask you for your patience just a bit longer, and thank you for your understanding.
    (6)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast