Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    guess you overlooked the part about removing the ability to place gil into a trading box?
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You just sound like a communist at this point, just let people sell whatever they want. SE just needs to keep adding content and not let things stagnate like they have. There is nothing stopping players from grouping up, mercing or buying from mercs is not required in any form.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Correct, there's no requirement.
    The alternative traditional way of doing things must be facilitated by players.
    The implementation of billboard advertising by mercs in /yell imposes a perspective that contradicts the core intent of community formation and building relationships of trust.
    Core values of MMOs.

If people would actually read each word of the comments concerning the topic you would have seen that the proposal didn't remove capabilities to sell things, it actually INCREASES those capabilities through the use of a new commerce interface that would replace the antique auction house with a evolved player supplied warehousing market. Complete with massively more items available (due to removing "EX" tag from equipment with the exceptions being items with rank points, items that are augmented and items that are described as Artifact/Relic/Empyrean).
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 03-09-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Character
    Spaitin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Then they just use real money in paypal via discord. still will be merced. Also, SE will NEVER do that. to even suggest it is silly. If you want a different commerce system i suggest finding a different game. They dont have NEAR the manpower to do that, and they dont really care about mercs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Spaitin; 03-09-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    SE just needs to keep adding content
    And mercs just keep selling that content. Reducing the chances of people getting together and doing it (because they already bought the stuff from a merc).

Whatever your thoughts as well as Spaitin's are. Mercing breaks ToS.... Controlling 6 characters on one computer using third party software and sending scripted automatic commands to
    each instance is breaking terms. End of story...

Unless SE want to re-write the entire ToS to say it is ok, until that day, it remains against the terms of service.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaitin View Post
    Then they just use real money in paypal via discord. still will be merced. Also, SE will NEVER do that. to even suggest it is silly. If you want a different commerce system i suggest finding a different game. They dont have NEAR the manpower to do that, and they dont really care about mercs.
    other people like it. Quite a few apparently.
    So just make absolutely everything sellable from NPC's, right? Because whats the difference? If people like buying weapons/gear and not fighting, make it more user friendly, right?
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 03-10-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Character
    Spaitin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Lol then go play wow or FFIV. you can do that in those games. People like this game the way it is, which is why they still play it. Your suggestion would just kill the game. SE is aware of people breaking ToS. Guess what? they dont really care. Your suggestions are a bit silly. They dont have NEAR t he manpower to do it. I wish they would make bst not suck. But it aint happening. They only tweak existing parameters. THey are not changing to new ones. Sure make it sellable by NPC. then they are doing the same thing you dont like just different.

People have been complaining about the mercing for 17 YEARS. you really think they are going to change it now? lol The reason they havnt stopped it is because they dont want to.
    (1)
    Last edited by Spaitin; 03-10-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Your suggestions are a bit silly.
    Me: "Play the game, form a group and do content, it's actually quite fun" - Silly apparently.

Sure make it sellable by NPC
    You: make everything sellable, nobody has to do anything whatsoever other than own copious amounts of gil and just stand there doing not much of anything...

In case you haven't noticed, with current trends, there is only one 'undead' server left with (I just checked) 2500 people on it.......
    So, yeh, merc'ing isn't really working.....

Edit: I mean 500 people running 5x alts on each account.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one thinking this...
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 03-10-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Character
    Spaitin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post

In case you haven't noticed, with current trends, there is only one 'undead' server left with (I just checked) 2500 people on it.......
    So, yeh, merc'ing isn't really working.....
    I mean... the only server that isnt dead is the one with mercing. The ones without mercing are all dead. You used bad logic on that one, can easily use it to describe multiple opposite outcomes. Yes your solution is silly. They will NEVER do what you are suggesting. For a solution to be good, it has to have at least a snowflakes chance in hell of being implemented. Your solution is silly and unrealistic. People actually go to asura FOR the mercing services, as crazy as that sounds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spaitin; 03-10-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wow, this thread got derailed hard.

1) Thank you SE (& Matsui especially!) for taking the time to address some of our issues, especially as it pertains to Mireu and Beastmaster.

2) Still have not seen any Mireu kills on Cerberus, but hopefully this can happen soon thanks to your adjustments.

3) I'm not a BST, but it's clear there's so much that can be done to the job going from the suggestions by others.
    Just be smart about it, do small updates every month or so. Ask for feedback, test, test, test. BST can be great
    again without being ridiculously overpowered.

As for the other stuff..

4) You'll find the merc 'problem' is only prevalent on the biggest servers. Go to any small server like Cerberus
    and these services either don't exist, or only show up once in a blue moon. If you're so upset by players
    selling content? Go to a smaller server and join/build a linkshell with players who want to beat things
    the way the game should be played.

You'll be surprised how many players still get together to do content without any
    exchanges of currency. My endgame linkshell is close to completing its fifth Aeonic,
    we've destroyed Omen and plan on doing the new content as well. You won't get
    things done as fast as somewhere like Asura, but you'll probably enjoy it more.
    (2)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast