Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On the new dragon Meiru, so many people were trying to kill it on my server Bismark for over 30 minutes my window slowed to a crawl on my fairly modern PC, assuming it's a single core/FFXI limitation.
    But the short of it is, after a while, my window crashed and I don't know if I even got credit.

Edit: I got credit for the kill.

This leads me to my next suggesiton. Under 'currencies' add daily domain invasion points so players can track if they have capped their daily points yet, as well as see their total points without going to norg.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 02-16-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    The new DI dragon is over the top and needs to be toned down a bit.

* Cap the scaling on player group size and reduce the HP to something more reasonable for a large group to reliably down it in 15min or less.
    * Remove it from counting towards the kill count. This would at least remove the server-wide penalty of breaking the kill streak.
    * Change it so that points gained from killing it do not count towards the daily cap. There is currently no positive incentive for participating in the fight (since you could almost assuredly gain the additional 60pts to hit cap by killing normal dragons in less time pre-update,) and the way that it works currently actively discourages players from doing more fights in the miraculous occurrence of defeating it.

Doing the above would change the current negatives of the fight to positives. There would be incentive for players who've already capped out for the day on normal dragons to participate in defeating it, we'd be capable of defeating it without the entire population of the server showing up to fight, and the penalty against all players for not defeating it would be removed.

I know it might be a bit much to ask, but perhaps instead of a random/lotto spawn off of the normal dragons, it could be converted into it's own separate timer with a unique spawn location? I don't think that most of us mind challenging optional content, so if it spawned in it's own area, similar to Quetzalcoatl in Reisenjima, on it's own spawn timer unrelated to the normal DI dragons so that it does not interfere with the content flow that we've gotten used to, then it could be positioned as high tier content aimed at higher end players who are strong enough to justify breaking the daily point cap. It would be kind of cool to essentially have a new ilvl world HNM.

tl;dr: Please convert this new NM to an actual bonus fight that provides rewards to all who participate in defeating it regardless of their daily cap, and make it defeatable within a reasonable amount of time on all servers.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Do you guys test these updates before you implement them? Because for years, so many updates could have easily been balanced had you allowed real players to test in some fashion.

I know we used to have a test server.. but would it be so difficult to invite a few players to another server to try things before you haphazardly throw things out?

Watched a friend of mine the other day have a go at Mireu with just two other people. After 20 minutes, they took 1% of health off it. Said to him.. you're probably best warping out.

So Mireu is not only a huge roadblock, its 'rewards' are pointless. You can already cap out points in one battle if you do it right. Yeah sure, it requires timing and a bit of luck, but capping out
    80 daily points wasn't difficult with the current system. So by adding Mireu to fix a non-existent problem, you created wasteful content that is absolutely useless. It also has to be the first
    dragon you fight that day for you to get the full benefit.. but only if it can be killed quicker than if you postponed your daily DI time til later.

Even rewarding us 500-1000 DI points that do NOT count towards the daily cap, still wouldn't be enough for two reasons:

1) Many players have already bought the majority of the accessories you listed. Unless you plan on adding even more rewards for this content? Then it's pointless and only helps
    those who just recently returned. But by doing this, you would be actively discouraging them from accumulating vorseals; which was really difficult to do under the original DI system.

2) Some big servers will struggle to beat this in the allotted time due to a lack of coordination, as Spike Flails severely hinders progress and the time runs out.
    Players will yell at each other for doing it wrong. Not only that, but trust songs/rolls overwriting other players stronger songs/rolls is a huge flaw in this content.

And on the smallest servers, gathering enough players to have a go at Mireu is a difficult task. You know that on a small server you're looking at an average population
    of 200-400 players at any given time, and at least half of those are mules, RMT, or players who are away/busy elsewhere? So it's either down to a well coordinated
    linkshell doing it entirely by themselves, or literally the entire server needs to show up and hope they can down it in time.

Honestly, I would just delete this NM and start again. Put it in as a new high tier battlefield which has nothing to do with Domain Invasion whatsoever.
    Anyone who got this title already, should be given a free orb/key item so they can fight this at their leisure. You tried to shoehorn something really challenging
    in to this content, when there was no space. Like others have said, it desperately needed to be its own spawn which isn't a random occurrence,
    and the rewards had to be super rich to entice players to come together to down this monstrosity.

If you were planning on adding new Domain Invasion gear? I wouldn't bother. Make it an incredibly rewarding high tier battlefield with only one difficulty,
    and make it so all 18 players can choose what they want from vanquishing it. Making it a HQ version of DI feels too hard to implement, unless
    you were to create a new instance for it somewhere else in the Escha zones. Hell.. throw it in to the Cloud Of Darkness battlefield area, if you find it
    necessary to have this somewhere in Escha. At least by having it in a battlefield, no one can waltz in, summon trusts, then proceed to spike flail
    the whole alliance.

As for Beastmaster.. how many times have you updated this job lately and gotten nowhere with it? I'm not a BST, but it pains me to see this job
    be so messed around. It's like there's no real plan, you just throw things at it and hope players will like it. Then you quickly revert back when you
    find out you messed up (like the WHM 'update'). Seriously guys, get some actual feedback from real players before you try implementing stuff,
    and you'll save yourselves a ton of headaches, time, and money in the process. Also fix Ninja already.. that jobs been dead forever.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kylos; 02-16-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Player
    I think it's already pretty loud and clear.

Mireu as implemented is just a big fail. Sometimes you guys really don't put any thought into the things you do. You need to take this one back to the drawing board and start over completely. It fails to accomplish anything you intended it to do and comes across as nothing but a punishment.

Also, it shouldn't take a week to fix the Yoran-Oran issue. And I still haven't forgotten that you should've adjusted Final Heaven when all the other Hand-to-Hand weaponskills were adjusted. If that means having to do all the relic weaponskills, that's fine too. But it needs to be done.

Paladin still is no where near where it needs to be.

Elemental Magic is still miles behind where it needs to be.

Still screwing up majorly on BST. The fix is so easy. You can keep the master in melee range, without making the command range so ridiculously small.

Ninja still in desperate need of a complete overhaul.

There's this whole pile of super easy, super obvious fixes and wants... they're gimmes, easy wins to make you look like you care about players.... and you're at the complete opposite end not listening.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-16-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Summoner: Siren

Thank you for adding her and the effort that was put into furthering the storyline. I only wish that Clarsach Call was a buff to the party. I think it would be encourage Summoner more into melee or magic groups.

Wind's Blessing overwrites Carbuncle's Shining Ruby. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Beastmaster

Activation Timers for Ready.
    Thanks for adjusting the activation time back to where we can use Desultor's Tassets regularly. I think most would prefer if we just had instant again with no Ready -recast gear required. Either increasing merits again or replacing the 1200 gift.

Distance remains a prominent issue with reliably activating abilities.

Distance is genuinely an issue still with Beastmaster. I know the developer's have stated that they don't want to take this route but it is very necessary with just how combat is in this game. It makes it easier to control the pet which already has issues in groups of monsters. It's just frustrating and not fun. Encouraging melee can work through buffs to melee and pet bonuses when master melees.

Variety of pets is still lacking and jugs take up a lot of inventory.
    Some suggestions:
    • Remove Beast Affinity trait since it's become pretty much mandatory. Let pets scale with main weapon or something.
    • Have us learn pets instead, a new all purpose jug or biscuit could summon pets.
    • Call Beast should reset if the pet is above a certain HP threshold like PUP. This helps with battles where you lose pet by being charmed, changing zones, etc.
    • Bestial Loyalty should call the last recorded pet similar to Deus Ex Automata.
    (10)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 02-16-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Paladin

Thank you for the continued changes made for PLD.

Atonement damage too low.
    Atonement's damage feels like it needs a boost still. Adding the enmity it deals helps but with such a low cap on damage. Once you're able to do enough damage. You can get more enmity from just doing other weapon skills instead.

Caballarius Coronet +3 augment should persist after unequip.
    Relic Head +3 augments for Iron Will: Fast Cast only work while the head is equipped. Given that other jobs like RUN's Inspiration augment works on activation. Is it possible to make it so you retain the Fast Cast to Rampart as long as it's active?

Reprisal having enmity like Foil.
    While Banishga and AoE curing can be helpful sometimes for gaining group hate. It can be really hectic with some fights that spam hate reset. I think it would be great to just give Reprisal the same enmity that Foil has. I know that the developers would like PLD to be different from RUN but it would be very helpful.

Updating Ultimate Shields
    Aegis and Ochain could really use an update. Monster combat skills are getting so high that it's getting harder to block while RUN has straight % chances to negate damage through parrying which is close to 100% with Battuta and +parry rate. They are great shields but I think it wouldn't hurt to give them a 119 equivalent.
    • Aegis could use Shield Skill, not to the level of being an all in one shield but equivalent but a decent rate should be nice.
    • Ochain was mentioned to have the rate of a item level 150 shield. So as 119 maybe add HP or some magic evasion.
    • Srivatsa needs help. If it's supposed to be a melee shield then give it a good reason to use over the other two. Maybe Shield Bash: Chainbound so PLD can self SC and TP Bonus+500.
    (9)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hello, why is the new Siren BP not working with Shining Ruby or Rampart? They shouldn't all share the same effect
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hauksbok Arrow + Hauksbok Bolt + Hauksbok Bullet Are ammunition that are implemented as rare/ex. For 1000 Domain Points cost players can not utilize these for Gun / X-bow / Bow weaponskills unless Producer Matsui + Director Fujito can confirm these items have a hidden effect that they will not be consumed when shot. Double Shot job ability for Ranger job shares a reuse timer with Unlimited Shot, so even attempting a complex and risky item switch macro to use unlimited shot is still a huge penalty when you've excluded the use of Double Shot if utilizing Unlimited Shot. This isn't my first comment about this. Can we have an adjustment to these items so that they are not consumed when used as ammunition?
    (2)

Character
    Trig
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BST updates:
    If the intention is to encourage pet + master melee, please make design changes to job and gear that actually encourage that kind of play instead of restricting what you consider inappropriate.
    - Get rid of the need for non-ilevel gear to get ready recast down to max. You want us to fight in close proximity but also make our ilevel dip every 10 seconds...
    - Add some decent options for gear that improve master and pet melee. Current gearsets only allow one or the other to be well geared for TP. Forcing focus on master TP ensures that pet TP is gimped (and vice versa).
    - I second some of the above recommendations to clean up legacy abilities. Charm, tame, etc. are a waste of space. And having 20 slots dedicated to jugs that are mostly useless just to have all the pets is really inconvenient. No one makes money synthing jugs - just make calling pets an ability you can learn and call it a day.

Domain Invasion:
    DI was a good event for high and low level people to jump into with low bar for entry. A good idea for this stage of the game. But the addition of the new dragon doesn't make sense if that was the intention. Now the low level stuff is interrupted regularly, preventing people from doing the content at random intervals. It is useless for getting DI points as it is less efficient than spamming the low level stuff. And no high level people are interested in spending 60 min to take down a tough baddie for a title and no other reward. Just decide what the point of it is and design it with that goal in mind... this makes no sense.

I get this game is nearly in legacy mode and resources for development are limited, but having a clear game plan for these features is essential. We are only taking time to winge about these things because we really like this game and want to continue to value this service going forward. I love the state of the game at the moment and some small modifications to focus could really be effective.

Thanks and cheers!
    (2)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast