Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No it doesn't. Every job has a 100% fixed kit and gear doesn't modify any of it in any way, gear is purely a content gate and doesn't create any oppertunities to try playing in different ways.
    It does make things more balanced, but it comes at the cost of making every job basically the same except for the graphics- if there's never a reason to choose one job over another, there's really no reason to have so many jobs.

Oh and I forgot to mention how they basically took away summoner's physically existing pets, which actually makes it impossible to solo some content they were able to solo before. That's taking possibilities away, not making more. And t hey also have hardly added new summons, where FFXI has added two on a shoestring budget since the final expansion release.

I do play FFXIV, but I only really play the content that's dynamic, i.e. pvp, deep dungeon, stuff like eureka when its relevant.
    Right, which is why I only stick to PLD, WHM, and RDM as tank, healer, and dps but that's not how you should define "freedom" (Look at those poor beastmasters being judged by the dev team). My issue with FFXIV is why people like to bother grinding the same thing over and over to get the best gears in the game while I can wait for the next expansion to get better gears than what they have after they spent endless hours in grinding. Therefore, I am more focused on crafting and gathering myself so there is my freedom of rights. Personally, I considered FFXIV less RPG and more simulation such as housing, making gil, gold saucer, etc. Heck, I wish FFXI could give me more freedom to use its crafting system but I had to create mules so I can be an expert to all crafting skills.

Oh, in the next patch; all characters regardless of gender will now equip all wedding gear. Yay SJWs... lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Beastmaster is a very notable exception to the rule (still dunno why bst playing at range is more OP than SMN or PUP doing the same thing...)
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultrafanboy View Post
    Having to google stuff every 5 seconds and go to the trouble of forming groups and all that, with almost no modern quality of life updates, well, most people, 99 percent of people won't be interested in that.
    Generally speaking, players will learn how the world works, and they will remember how quests are completed and where the NMs spawn, and so on.

Vana'diel is a huge and realistic world, and as such, in the interests of realism, one would not expect a Level One Knave to know all the secrets of the world map, or all the secrets of missions and quests.

A simple low-skilled peasant, which is what all Level One starting-gear characters basically are, must undertake a Learning Process to become skilled, and to understand Vana'diel with all of the intrigue and wonder that wait around every turn.

This Learning Process can take three forms. Number one, Trial And Error. Where you keep trying until you solve the mystery. Number two, Communicate With More Experienced Players. Where you talk to people, ask them to explain things, and you learn how to solve the mystery. Number three, go online and check the FFXI-related websites, and this will help you solve the mystery.

I prefer the first two, trial and error, and communicating with expert players, because these are both RPG adventuring realism in-game activities. But I also use the third option, checking online, as a last resort.

After playing for a year or two, players generally learn where all the places are on the map, and where a lot of the specific quests and missions and battles are. It is a learning process, and just like in Real Life, it takes time and a bit of patience and even love. But in both FFXI and real life, your devotion is paid off, and you become familiar with the world, and are able to sail along at a merry clip, with the sun in your hair and the cool sea breeze on your face, forever.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stompa; 02-18-2020 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Typos!

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hi Stompa I like your posts and support for FFXI.

I find it so sad they completely butchered SMN in XIV. I was just thinking about it the other day, it doesn't even play like one. They gave it a fake Phoenix/Bahamut but XI summons look way better.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Hi Stompa I like your posts and support for FFXI.

I find it so sad they completely butchered SMN in XIV. I was just thinking about it the other day, it doesn't even play like one. They gave it a fake Phoenix/Bahamut but XI summons look way better.

Hi Typral, thank you for your kind words about my posts.

I don't ever insult FF14, and also, I sincerely hope that FF14 players are always very happy, and they find great joy and solace in their FF14 game. I wish FF14, and all who play it, great happiness and success in the future.

That said, I use my copy of FF14 to swat flies and mosquitoes.

I only played it for a week, quit it forever, and since then I have used that computer-diskbox to kill flying pests.

I don't play SMN at all, so I can't really comment on it.

In 2006, I found a small metal gentleman rusting on a ghostly pirate ship. I instantly fell in love with this little brave metal fellow, and he became my Automaton.

For fourteen years, my Automaton has been by my side every day. Fourteen years of love and loyalty and hilarious /emote games! In 2006, I sold all my Beastmaster gear, quit BST forever, and decided that there was Only One Pet For Me, and that was my beautiful Automaton friend.

My Automaton fills my life with joy, he never leaves my side, he protects me from harm, and even though he gets some really big dents in his little metal head sometimes, he never complains, and he always comes running back happily to me on his funny little legs.

What amazing adventures we have had together in the last fourteen years, my Automaton and I, and what an epic saga of true friendship and love, we have written in the stars together!

Whenever I see my Automaton, I feel so happy in my heart, and I know that it will be a Good Day, filled with exciting adventures!
    (3)

Character
    Parvashi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    deleted....
    (1)
    Last edited by mkultrafanboy; 02-19-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Indeed, Square Enix does want FFXI to die. They tried with Eureka and FAILED for some reasons. Eureka is what divided the FF14 community and brought more players to try FF11 (most of them on Asura). Yoshi was like Oops... Here is your new trust system.

I know a few of members in my free company were so bitter when I told them Eureka feels like FF11 even though they have never played FF11 before. Honestly, FFXI's community would do better without FF14 and WoW fan boys and girls (keep SJWs away). They (if not all) were so annoying on Asura. Nobody wants to hear people are going to quit FF11 for FF14. What I know more people would come back if Square Enix could port FFXI to PS4, Switch, Xbox and others.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Indeed, Square Enix does want FFXI to die. They tried with Eureka and FAILED for some reasons. Eureka is what divided the FF14 community and brought more players to try FF11 (most of them on Asura). Yoshi was like Oops... Here is your new trust system.

I know a few of members in my free company were so bitter when I told them Eureka feels like FF11 even though they have never played FF11 before. Honestly, FFXI's community would do better without FF14 and WoW fan boys and girls (keep SJWs away). They (if not all) were so annoying on Asura. Nobody wants to hear people are going to quit FF11 for FF14. What I know more people would come back if Square Enix could port FFXI to PS4, Switch, Xbox and others.
    Man, the salt flows forth from you lol.

I mean, new games get made. They appeal to different audiences and even different generations. There's nothing wrong with that Times change.
    (0)

Character
    Parvashi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 60
    deleted....
    (0)
    Last edited by mkultrafanboy; 02-19-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Man, the salt flows forth from you lol.

I mean, new games get made. They appeal to different audiences and even different generations. There's nothing wrong with that Times change.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...216f5aef769c60

Here you go, buddy. Different ways of thinking are bannable offenses. That's why I keep my jokes with my free company.

Thankfully, something like that doesn't apply to the FF11 community ever. XD
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast