Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    On the Fake News subject of *they have abandoned FFXI and they want to kill FFXI and they want the players to stop playing FFXI* thing.

These kind of sweeping vague generalisations, are not true, and also this kind of negative speculation sabotages people's hopes and tramples on optimism, and also is the opposite of all the recent official statements, and the EPIC amount of hard work that the slimmed-down Dev Team are doing to make FFXI players happy ;

[May 16th 2017 : Official Playonline Dot Com.]

"Celebrating Fifteen Years Of FFXI."

"The development and operations team will continue to work as hard as ever so that those new to Vana'diel can experience all that has to offer and that veterans will be able to enjoy each new day of adventures more than the last. Here's to fifteen years of Vana'diel, and to fifteen more!"

[Year 2017 + 15 years = year 2032.]

Thank you for listening.

(1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Typral View Post
    Hi Stompa I like your posts and support for FFXI.

I find it so sad they completely butchered SMN in XIV. I was just thinking about it the other day, it doesn't even play like one. They gave it a fake Phoenix/Bahamut but XI summons look way better.
    In fairness, it was only XI where the summons were really pets, the only other game remotely similar was FF8 where t he GFs would stand in for the party member that summoned them. But what's sillier is what they did to SMN in PVP, where they literally don't summon at all anymore, and instead you just go into a special mode where you use bahamut/phoenix's attacks as if they were your own. This was done because line of sight issues with the pet made it hard for their actions to actually go off when you really wanted them to. but their solution to that problem literally made summoner into a generic damage over time caster.
    (0)

Character
    Typral
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually FFX was the first to design the system where you summon them and pick their commands. Then obviously XI came after X so they kept the same system. To me XIV doesn't even have summoner, its a shame because with their graphical capabilities, they could have amazing summoning sequences and attacks like XI. I recall the director saying he wanted it to be a system where grand companies could get the rights to summon X primal during battles etc, but the battle system is so basic they couldn't incorporate something big like that.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4