Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with the latest FFXI news.

Japan is supposedly experiencing a warmer-than-usual winter, but I cannot help feeling a little chilly. I’ve never been one for the cold, so I’ve taken to bundling up with my laptop and experiencing the milder climate of Vana’diel.
And speaking of Vana’diel, let’s dive right into the February content!

The first addition is that of Siren, the newest avatar to join the summoners’ lineup. We know you’ve been waiting a while for her, and we’re pleased to deliver on that promise together with an all-new quest!

More job adjustments are coming your way, however, with changes to both paladins and beastmasters. Paladins will experience both ability and weapon skill adjustments, with particularly large changes coming to Rampart. For weaponskills, we’re introducing a couple under-the-hood changes to make it easier to generate enmity with Atonement. Beastmasters will want to note that we’re reverting the amount of time that must pass before pet abilities activate back to 60 frames (approximately one second).

Next up is Domain Invasion, which will see the addition of a new notorious monster. Vanquishing this monster will yield enough domain points to bring you to the daily cap, so if you’re lucky you maybe be done in no time at all. We hope that this’ll provide an exciting new element to those of you eager to watch the counter tick up.

Finally, we’re got the usual adjustments to Ambuscade. This month’s battle is against coeurls. It’s hard to mention coeurls without touching upon their signature ability, Blaster, and in this Ambuscade we’re putting in a little something to help you deal with it. Make sure you don’t get status alimented into oblivion!

Winter is the season for all sorts of illnesses, some more nefarious than others, so when you get home after a long day, make sure to thoroughly wash your hands before touching that controller, mouse, or keyboard. But most of all, enjoy February in Vana’diel!

Below is the usual list of additions and adjustments coming to FINAL FANTASY XI this month. As always, last-minute issues may arise that prevent some of these entries from making it in, but we’re doing our best to ensure an eventful second version update of 2020!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
FebruaryRecords of Eminence・ Update monthly objectives-
FebruaryQuest to obtain Siren Avatar・ Create text
・ Create event
-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
FebruaryAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
FebruaryDomain Invasion・ Add new notorious monsters-