Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    I did address their incorrect response. And highlighted why it was completely wrong. It's on page one. I even created a picture for the people who are illiterate.
    Okieeomi

We've checked with the development team and there are few reasons why this is difficult to implement:

Under the current system, even if a "Take All" button were added, it would not change the processing speed when receiving all of the items.
    Additionally, one would not be able to stop the process once the "Take All" is activated until all items have been placed in the player's inventory. This could be very problematic in situations involving large number of items. For example if there were 50+ items, it would take a long time to load and would prevent the player from moving while this is being processed.

For these reasons, unfortunately the development team is not considering implementing a "Take All" feature for the Delivery Box.
    This, is not even close to what I asked.

They responded to a question that doesn't exist "can I take ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING out of my delivery box at once"

What I ACTUALLY asked "if there are 8 slots visible with gil, can I take ONLY THOSE at once"
    (0)
    Last edited by Soraii; 03-14-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    I even created a picture for the people who are illiterate.
    I'm pretty sure they knew what you meant, and they said no.......
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    They clearly didn't because their response was about loading times and using Dboxes as storage for ITEMS and how removing them all at once would cause issues.

What I asked for ignores ITEMS and removes all EIGHT slots of GIL IF and only IF they happen to be 8 slots of GIL. To save the ridiculousness of hitting right, take, and confirm 24 times

When I have 200 sales in a day, that means it takes about 630+ button presses to get my gil. I've outlined 3 easy solutions to the problem, the easiest one being the one with a take all button. It's not the best option, but the easiest to implement.

1- Removing confirmation would remove 200 button presses, but they won't do that because "accidents"

2- Removing the take option and sending gil straight to the mog garden repository would be the best option, but the most work.

3- Adding a button that simply empties the VISIBLE box IF all 8 are sales, is quick, easy and an incredible QOL upgrade. It doesn't increase loading times. It doesn't cause inventory issues because again NO ITEMS. and it's completely optional. You can still do it the slow way if you feel compelled to check every numbered box for amounts.

An answer of "no" is fine. But an answer to THIS question is what is required. NOT: Can I take literally every piece of equipment and gil out of my delivery box at once. I understand they're lazy and understaffed making it difficult. but I've had my AH literally FREEZE twice. That required GM calls to fix. You know why it froze? Dbox was too full from AH sales. That should never be an issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Soraii; 03-14-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I did address their incorrect response. And highlighted why it was completely wrong. It's on page one. I even created a picture for the people who are illiterate.

This, is not even close to what I asked.

They responded to a question that doesn't exist "can I take ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING out of my delivery box at once"

What I ACTUALLY asked "if there are 8 slots visible with gil, can I take ONLY THOSE at once"
    And the problem here is that in their internal system, there is no difference between taking items that are gil and items that are not gil, becuase that's how it was designed.

When I have 200 sales in a day, that means it takes about 630+ button presses to get my gil.
    And the problem here is that even though I agree they don't have a great design here, this is basically a problem that only you, and possibly a few people who aren't bothered enough to come on the forums and discuss, have.

That should never be an issue.
    And for the 99.9% of us who don't live in front of the auction house windows, it never is. Now i'm somewhat close to the opposite end of the spectrum, rarely having more than a handful of items backlogged on the delivery box, because I have 1 mule and still rarely use it (most of the time it's actually inactive and I'm not paying for it) But even people I know who spend considerably more time than me wheeling and dealing I've never heard them complain about this. Personally, I'd rather play the game than look at the AH list all day and play Commerce Simulator, but to each their own. When they built the AH system, they were probably not ever expecting most users to send themselves so much stuff (or sell so many items without collecting their payments in between), so they set the dbox limit at a point they figured would be unlikely to ever be hit. And while a few people do, for most of us, their instincts were right on the money.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-16-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Interface overhaul to an evolved player supplied warehousing market. No moghouse/nomad moogle interaction would be necessary or waits with what I've proposed. Yet those that cling to the Merc culture, market manipulations and advantages gained through micro-transactions berate bringing legitimacy to supply and demand within server economics.
    (0)

Player
    Update the AH and Delivery Box System
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Update the AH and Delivery Box System
    I think they have more pressing issues at the moment...
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I think they have more pressing issues at the moment...
    He will never learn how repeatedly bumping a thread is counterproductive to his desires.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    An answer of "no" is fine. But an answer to THIS question is what is required. NOT: Can I take literally every piece of equipment and gil out of my delivery box at once. I understand they're lazy and understaffed making it difficult. but I've had my AH literally FREEZE twice. That required GM calls to fix. You know why it froze? Dbox was too full from AH sales. That should never be an issue.
    It NEVER is an issue, for all NORMAL REGULAR people that do not sit in front of the delivery box for aeons on end.
    So when You happen to notice the SEVEN items are sold out of your delivery box when you refilled the AH you sat there and YOU were lazy to empty gil? Then take the 30 seconds to walk to Moghouse (or nomad Moogle depending on where you're camping the AH - Nashmau is only 4 seconds away), and take out the 7~14 stacks of gil.
    So instead of calling the SE team lazy and understaffed (which in my opinion would make the people working harder to make the game more usable and not break down, not lazy), I am calling YOU out on being too lazy and stubborn. I think spending ~30 seconds to go empty the delivery box after refilling it 4~5 times to save you 15~30 minutes later waiting for a fix from a problem you caused originally is quite a nice bargain.

You have been told MORE THAN ONCE by GM that the DBox is TOO FULL and (YOU) caused the problem by not emptying it. YOU did that. Did you not learn that lesson the first 3 or 4 times? Again that's on YOU being lazy and stubborn.
    You have been told by SE Staff (not lazy, but understaffed working on more pressing matters), that it is not possible. Period. And YOU are too lazy to take "No" for an answer. So go make your own game and make that an option. You also been told by people "in the know" of programming that it is not possible, but your lack of programming knowledge and ignorance and "Oh I want my way or i shall cry-baby complain" even more makes you look even MORE stupid than we know you already are.
    Please learn; it cannot and WILL not be done. Get over it. Stop creating your own problems and acting like a stubborn git by having others try to fix the problems you are making for yourself since YOU are too lazy to stop making those problems.
    Oh are you using a bot 3rd party program to keep refilling and selling things on AH? THAT would be another problem, and also another source of your problems YOU can alleviate by NOT USING it.
    There, all your problems have been answered to the fullest. You may not LIKE the answers, and do not want to believe they ARE the only answers, but again that is ON YOU and your laziness and stubbornness.
    Please do us all a favor. Stop and go learn. Heck even find a friend that knows computer programming (you have a friend? I think not...) that can teach you how it is not possible. Then MAYBE you'll just barely understand.
    (Makes me think you be having one less friend after that too.)
    (3)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 03-29-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As irritating as extra button presses can be, as has been said, the OP is an edge case of how many piles of gil one could be receiving at once. It's unfair to say it's just him of course, but for 99.99% of us this is a minor inconvenience at worst. It would be nice of them to make updates, but it's going to take a lot more than one person complaining about a very unique situation to get them to act on something that is both difficult to change and affects so few people. There's a million ways they can make the AH system better, but comparatively speaking, simplifying button inputs (that you can basically automate yourself with a keyboard macro) is very low on the priority list when you factor how difficult it is for them to do so.

You must have 9999999999 gil, probably on multiple characters, by now, why do you even bother lol. You won the AH game already, they should roll the credits and then you can find a new economy to conquer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-01-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast