Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    For the like, 10th time, you're wrong.
    I understand that you're illiterate, but go argue with someone else who doesn't know you're illiterate.
    Who are you talking to? Because you've quoted your own comment.
    (0)

Player
    Update the AH and the Delivery Box systems !
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't understand why you insist on taking a good idea and sabotaging your own efforts by the use of sock-puppeting.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Reminded me of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

"Don't care how... I want it now" meme

Edit: I doubt they are going to do anything to change the AH. DirectX 8 is old. API is old. The developers who created the AH probably don't work there anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 03-11-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Difference between DirectX 8.1 and DirectX 9

FFXI uses DirectPlay to run.

The difference between DirectX 8.1 and 9 is actually bigger than you might think because DirectX 9 was updated over a long period of time after it's first release - from 2002 to 2010 I think. A lot of new features and bug fixes have come in during that time.

While FFXI only supports DirectX 8.1, the dev team only can able to use the outdated features that are no longer supported by Microsoft. What you want is they need to rewrite this whole engine and move it to DirectX 9 or even better DirectX 11.

Well, that's why I said FFXI would do better if this game runs on DirectX 9 or 11.

Unsure of it? I suggest you to start a discussion with the creator of FFXIAH who knew better than I do.

Why not ask this in the Q&A stuff thread?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 03-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The difference between DirectX 8.1 and 9 is actually bigger than you might think because DirectX 9 was updated over a long period of time after it's first release - from 2002 to 2010 I think. A lot of new features and bug fixes have come in during that time.
    There are many, many versions of DirectX 9. in fact it is often customized for each game, which is why you often see/saw new games installing directX even though it was already installed.Games that came out earlier in the DX9 lifespan don't use many of the calls that later games would use, because they don't exist in the specific DX9 revision the game was built on. Earlier versions of DX9 are far less dissimilar to previous versions than the last versions. DX10 and beyond were all far more substantial revisions.

That being said I'm not sure what any of this has to do with this thread. It seems really random given the rest of the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Try free-to-play Rebirth Fantasy Online that runs off DirectX 8 on steam. Let us know if they have trade, delivery, auction, etc...

That's another MMO game I currently know that uses DirectX 8.

First EverQuest already got updated to DirectX 9c so I can't tell but again this game was made for the PS2 and was still supporting the PS2 version because of Japanese players. Today, programmers probably don't remember much of the old code. For reason, they rather not bother with it just for one person.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Update: Some people from FFXIAH have good points about the game and programming languages are so old. This thread is very difficult to discuss due to the dev team's unwilling to update the AH and delivery box. This is in no way the fault of the community team.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...wdfund-idea/2/

By all means, feel free to bump this thread you want. I am not here to pick on the OP.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Update: Some people from FFXIAH have good points about the game and programming languages are so old. This thread is very difficult to discuss due to the dev team's unwilling to update the AH and delivery box. This is in no way the fault of the community team.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/5...wdfund-idea/2/

By all means, feel free to bump this thread you want. I am not here to pick on the OP.
    I mean, that's great and all, but what's the point? the dev/community teams don't normally spend time on third party forums.

Also, I'm not specifically here to pick on anyone either. I want to help the OP promote their idea. It isn't my fault they choose to ignore my advice about how properly to communicate their idas and show support. (i.e. trying to make fake support with sock puppet accounts doesn't work. Bumping the thread periodically, without adding anything new to the discussion, in a forum index that otherwise hardly ever moves doesn't work either.) I advised them to start a new thread long, long ago and they only did so when the first thread was closed, for reasons that I already explained (they only respond to a given suggestion thread once after reporting to the dev team).
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-13-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, that's great and all, but what's the point? the dev/community teams don't normally spend time on third party forums.
    Third party forums have been around LONG before this official forums was created. It's the way to get more information out there than this here.

PS2 limitations and DirectX limitations. If this thread goes nowhere then most of us just ignore it and carry on.

Greetings and salutations!

We've checked with the development team and there are few reasons why this is difficult to implement:
    • Under the current system, even if a "Take All" button were added, it would not change the processing speed when receiving all of the items.
    • Additionally, one would not be able to stop the process once the "Take All" is activated until all items have been placed in the player's inventory. This could be very problematic in situations involving large number of items. For example if there were 50+ items, it would take a long time to load and would prevent the player from moving while this is being processed.
    For these reasons, unfortunately the development team is not considering implementing a "Take All" feature for the Delivery Box.
    If you don't address these two points then I doubt you will get an answer from them. All the OP wants is if all gil are in all the boxes then Take All is enabled. It's just a very silly feature in my opinion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 03-14-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast