Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    About 2,000 online players. That's a normal number for one server however Asura has way more English speaking players so. Personally, I'd like to see something that would split up the population into two big servers and that should be about 1,200-1,500 online players on each server. I know we can't do anything about it. Only Square Enix can. I also would like to see if Square Enix could change the names of our servers to like Asura (NA/EU), Shiva (NA/EU), Bahamut (JP) etc etc.. So that the players would know where to go. Currently, 16 servers are too many for this small community.
    2000 is the very lowest. I tend to see it float around 2300~3000.

You can't really split up servers. People want to be with the people they know/friends. Ripping them apart from each other would be hugely negative.
    Also, 2 servers would be far too little. Excluding Asura - Merging the other servers together would create a good balance I think. Asura is another matter altogether and should be left as is.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    2000 is the very lowest. I tend to see it float around 2300~3000.

You can't really split up servers. People want to be with the people they know/friends. Ripping them apart from each other would be hugely negative.
    Also, 2 servers would be far too little. Excluding Asura - Merging the other servers together would create a good balance I think. Asura is another matter altogether and should be left as is.
    I agree. Last year, I suggested them to merge their servers and all they said nay they prefer their quiet servers which is why more and more players are moving to Asura.

To the community, my name is not why people are moving to Asura. In Japanese, it could also mean "Please come if you care", "We have discussed right and wrong", and "It can't be helped."
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I agree. Last year, I suggested them to merge their servers and all they said nay they prefer their quiet servers which is why more and more players are moving to Asura.

To the community, my name is not why people are moving to Asura. In Japanese, it could also mean "Please come if you care", "We have discussed right and wrong", and "It can't be helped."
    What you do is offer incentives to transfer from higher pop servers to lower pop ones. i.e. free transfer, transfer multiple characters, etc and/or offer additional perks like relaxed limitations on what you can take with you (if any exist in FFXI, in most games you can only bring so much money with you to another server, for example)
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What you do is offer incentives to transfer from higher pop servers to lower pop ones. i.e. free transfer, transfer multiple characters, etc and/or offer additional perks like relaxed limitations on what you can take with you (if any exist in FFXI, in most games you can only bring so much money with you to another server, for example)
    That is all well and good, but it doesn't fix the crux of the matter - It is still going to be a 'dead' server that you end up on.

My suggestion would be to merge all servers (excluding Asura) 2:1. That I believe is a good balance and meets it in the middle. The 300 people on peak time will now become 600 people on peak times.

Regarding the Ambuscade queues on Asura, they are non-existent now since they changed the system so many months ago.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    That is all well and good, but it doesn't fix the crux of the matter - It is still going to be a 'dead' server that you end up on.

My suggestion would be to merge all servers (excluding Asura) 2:1. That I believe is a good balance and meets it in the middle. The 300 people on peak time will now become 600 people on peak times.

Regarding the Ambuscade queues on Asura, they are non-existent now since they changed the system so many months ago.
    None of the servers are "dead."

Shiva has a concurrent pop in the hundreds, but you can still buy stuff on the AH, there's still people to play with, you can still get stuff done, and it doesn't have a lot of the problems that plague asura. As long as you're even a bit resourceful, you can have a better experience on these "dead" servers than Asura. Out of all the people punished for item duping recently, nearly all were on Asura (the auction house activity can show this). There is definitely a lot more mercing, and by conseuqence of that, almost certainly more gil buying too- and I mean percent wise.

Hell, even back in the day, I would have KILLED for my favorite EXP camps to always be available. If you look around enough, you will find helpful people. They should absolutely close Asura so that the population can balance out to the other servers more. Then they will be less "dead" (by your standard) and the problem will solve itself. Then they can open it up again.

We don't need server merges, we only need things to be balanced out. Asura is overpopulated, period. Even 10 years ago, many servers weren't as big as Asura is now. And you know, this is why we originally had the World Pass system- it kept server populations relatively balanced. Unsurprisingly, when that was removed, some servers grew and others shrunk. If it weren't for the fact that it makes it a huge pain to create mules/alts, I'd say they should bring that back.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    No. You are not at liberty to make these decisions.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    No. You are not at liberty to make these decisions.
    Who said we were? This is discussion, not a vote.

You have no more liberty than I.
    (6)

Character
    Icilies
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Interesting thoughts.

I will say I took the things I didn’t like about Asura and did my part to change. I started Nudawn on Asura. We are a highly active community now. I like to think we easily just ignore the bad stuff and focus on the good. Just my thoughts. Feel free to come chat with us on discord #plug
    (3)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ah nevermind.
    (1)
    Last edited by svengalis; 02-17-2020 at 02:59 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Was thinking about going back because Bahamut has nada on their AH or Bazaars.

On FFXIAH, Asura has nearly everything......I should probably just do crafting again since everything is easy mode under lvl 99.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast